The Calm Before The Storm

Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It was the first day of school after the little trip they had. The school already had already been over, but Jungkook was still in the classroom alone since everyone else had already left the room. He was sitting on his seat—the one on the back of the class, near the window. Cheerful noises that indicated the school was over could be heard from afar while Jungkook had been in that position for a few minutes, staring out of the window. He was just thinking about the recent events that had been happening in his life, like when he met his father.

 

                Jungkook had been living his whole life knowing that his father was already deceased, only to be informed by three of his father’s underlings that he was in fact still alive. At first, as a normal person would react, Jungkook didn’t believe it because his own mother said that the head of the family was long gone, but the proofs made it clear that everything they had said was true. Of course, Jungkook still had doubts about his father’s existence, even after all he had been through, but every single bit of that doubt had gone after Jungkook had met his father for the first time.

 

                Jungkook’s first impression of his own father? Jungkook himself didn’t know how to describe his father even after spending a whole day with him. After all, knowing the true color of someone within a single day was almost impossible. At first, his father seemed like a normal middle-aged man in general—a bit way too casual if you might ask. He was just wearing a simple shirt and smiled widely, just like every normal man his age would do. The talk he had with his father was considered normal, too. It was mostly about him asking Jungkook about how Jungkook’s life had been going and him apologizing for leaving both Jungkook and his mother, leaving them with a hard life. Jungkook, being the considerate kid he was, accepted the apology; he even thought that it was not necessary. He already knew that his father did that to protect both of him and his mother and the fact that both of them were still alive could only mean that his father had made the right call.

 

                Jungkook’s father seemed very kind, too. Because of Taehyung’s great ‘service’, Jungkook’s father had given the boy some rewards. The first one was an expensive looking gun that looked very fancy, but also very dangerous. It was a .50 caliber gold-plated Desert Eagle which Jungkook had no idea what it was but it sounded pretty cool. The second one was a custom engraved knife that looked cool, but the gun was cooler, indeed.

 

                Though, the impression of the sweet and kind father didn’t last very long. His father offered him a tour around the mansion before taking a lunch. Not wanting to be rude (and of course because he wanted to explore that huge mansion), Jungkook took the offer. It was easily the biggest residence he had seen, ever. Judging from the outer looks, Jungkook was pretty sure that the mansion was at least three stories high and he was already very amazed by just the first floor. There were expensive-looking vases everywhere, a lot of expensive decorations and of course, a lot of maids and butlers all over the mansion. That was when he knew that his father was pretty cruel, too.

 

                Jungkook was walking towards the last hallway on the first floor, heading towards the kitchen, when he smelled something weird just when he was about to enter the hallway. Of course, the first thing he did was asking his dad what the stench was, but the man could only let out a stifled laugh while shrugging his shoulder. Jungkook took it as he was allowed to find out himself, so he did. Jungkook figured that the stench was coming from one of the rooms on the hallway, so he went into the hallway only to find that the first room he saw had its door open.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter