Chapter Seven

A Fictional Story of Kryber

*BEEP BEEP*

"Urgghh" groaned Amber as she reached out and brought her fist heavily down onto the innocent alarm clock. The girl stretched, rubbed her eyes and then dragged herself into the bathroom for a shower.

 

She dried herself off and pulled on her school uniform, all the while singing and thinking of a certain girl.

 

"A teenage dream's so hard to beat
Every time she walks down the street
Another girl in the neighbourhood
Wish she was mine, she looks so good"
            (+10 brownie points for anyone who knows the song/artist :D )

 

 

The tomboy then ungracefully legged it into the kitchen for food. Amber grabbed a banana and kissed her mum's cheek goobye. She ate the yellow fruit whilst walking to meet her friend Henry.

 

"Good mornin' Ambro" said Henry cheerfully

 

"Sup, how're you?" asked Amber

 

"A little sore from yesterday but all good, you?" replied Henry rubbing his shoulder

 

"I am fretting for tonight, I was awake all night thinking about it" said Amber

 

"Bruh calm down okay, it's just dance practice" said Henry "Okay listen a tip for dancing is just don't tred on her toes, got it?"

 

"Right, anything else?" asked Amber

 

"Yeah if all else fails and you're stuck in a sticky situation just use a corny pick up line"

 

"But I don't know any!"  panicked Amber

 

"Relax I got you covered try 'Roses are red, violets are blue, how would you like it if I danced with you?'" smiled Henry

 

"And what if she said she wouldn't like it?!" shouted Amber

 

"Okay okay what about 'Dance with me if I'm wrong but dinosaurs still roam the earth right?' there, she can't not dance with you!" shouted Henry gleefully

 

The duo then walked to school coming up with more cheesy pick-up lines.

 

 

 

 

Amber and Henry made their way through the hallways, ignoring the stares they were getting and finally made it to their tutors. Before they departed they did a last bro handshake then went inside.

 

Amber searched for a certain girl and smiled instantly when she saw her. The latter smiled innocently back and Amber felt her cheeks burn up. The tomboy walked swiftly to her seat and faced the window, hoping that Krystal wouldn't notice her red cheeks.

 

 

 

Amber's lessons went by quickly and soon enough it was break time. She made her way to the roof and found Henry already there waiting.

 

The two went over their pick-up lines and Henry even tried to teach Amber how to do the robot . But the uncoordinated llama failed miserably and went back to eating her sandwhich.

 

 

 

 

The next few lessons went by in the blink of an eye and Amber and Henry walked home.

 

 

Amber reached her home and raced upstairs to get changed. She threw on some grey joggers and a black sleevless top, showing of her toned arms.

 

The tomboy didn't have to leave the house yet so she decided to watch some TV. She was flicking through the channels and finally decided on Running Man to pass the time.

 

 

 

 

 

Finally it was time to leave for the gym and the dreaded dance practice that Amber had been trying to put to the back off her mind.

 

She pushed through the doors and made her way, with Henry, to the mirrored rooms.

 

Amber took a deep breath and ruffled her hair, bracing herself for the inevitable embarassement and worst nightmare of dancing infront of someone she liked.

 

 

 

The dance instructor inrtoduced the duo to the class.

 

"Right we have two newbies here, Henry and Amber please make them feel welcomed"  the instructor said with an authorotive voice "Since they haven't been here our top dancer Suzy will be teaching them and then they can join in at the end, any objections or questions?"

 
Amber thought this was a great plan and couldn't see any flaws, as she wouldn't mess up in front of Krystal while learning the dance. But she couldn't have been more wrong.
 
 
 
 
Suzy walked up to Amber and Henry and smiled seductivley.
 
"Hey why don't you follow me and we can start straight away" said Suzy linking arms with Amber
 
Amber smiled at Krystal as she walked out of the room but in return she got a glare that burnt holes straight through her head and sent shivers down her spine. Amber looked back at Krystal to see her turn around with her arms folded and walking away.
 
Confused and baffaled the tomboy went to a seperate room to practice the routine, all the while wondering why Krystal had glared at her and looked mad.
 
 
 
After an hour of learning the steps to the song Henry, Amber and Suzy clinging to Amber's arm went back to the other room.
 
 
"Positions please, and Amber and Henry would you like to chose who you will dance next to?" shouted the instructor "And choose wisley as they will be helping you with the steps"
 
 
Henry immidiatley scuttled over to where the girl he talked to last time was, on the other hand Amber was taking a long time to decide whether to stand next to Krystal or not as she still looked pissed. The other girls seemed to be trying to lure Amber to stand next to them with their eyes.
 
 
 
 
Amber locked eyes with Krystal and wearily started to walk towards her. But out of nowhere Suzy stood infront of Amber, blocking her way to Krystal.
 
 
"Why don't you stand next to me" Suzy said in a demanding tone, dragging Amber to stand next to her.
 
 
"That settles it then, I will start the music" said the instuctor before Amber could get a word in edge ways.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The tomboy looked nervously into the mirror to see Krystal bitterly staring at her, Amber thought you could almost see the steam coming out of her ears.
 
But suddenly the music started and Amber had to concetrate on her steps and timing rather than on Krystal.
 
 
 
 
Amber lost track of the number or times the music had been restarted. But finally the instructor said they could take 5. Amber was the closest to the water and grabbed two bottles. She chucked one to Henry and proceeded to give one to Krystal.
 
"Hey, I got you some water" Amber said softly, holding out the bottle.
 
Krystal was about to smile at Ambers cute gesture but then remembered she was meant to be mad at the girl and instead walked straight past her and got another bottle of water for herself.
 
 
 
 
Feeling deflated Amber chugged the bottle.
 
 
In the process she managed to get some on her chin and used the hem of her shirt to wipe the droplets off, exposing her well defined abs and causing everyone to gawk at her.
 
But being the llama she is, she didn't notice the stares.
 
 
 
 
Amber made her way slowly to Henry and they both sat down, backs against the wall in a quiet corner.
 
"This isn't working" said Amber glumly
 
"What's up?" asked Henry, taking another sip of water
 
"Well for some reason she seems really pissed at me and just now she completely blanked me" whined Amber
 
"It's okay" said Henry patting Amber gently on the back "How 'bout this, I pretend to be really bad at dancing so then I'll be paired up with Suzy then you're free to stand with Krystal!"
 
"Henry, you're a genius!" said Amber standing up and hugging Henry.
 
 
 
 
The instructor called everyone back to their positions and Henry winked at Amber through the reflection in the mirror. As the music started Amber was mentally praying that the plan would work.
 
 
 
 
And it did. Every few steps Henry would trip or do the opposite of what they're meant to be doing. Amber was stifling a laugh watching Henry make a fool of himself.
 
 
Eventually the instructor couldn't take anymore and said for Suzy to take Henry and go over the steps again. Amber secretly high fived Henry as he walked past and mumbled a quick thanks.
 

"Uhm Amber why don't you stand next to Krystal" said the instructor

 

Amber took one step backwards and glanced at Krystal but the latter was staring straight ahead with a stoic face. Amber suddenly felt a surge of nerves wash over her at the realisation that she was standing next to her crush.

 
 
 
The music started up again and Amber focused all of her attention on getting the steps right. It was about two minutes into the song and so far so good for Amber.
 
That was until she tripped over and fell flat on her face. The whole room burst out in laughter and Amber pushed herself up onto her knees.
 
"" she muttered, her cheeks began burning a bright scarlett and it spread to the tips of her ears.
 
 
 
"What's going on?" said Henry as he ran into the room with Suzy after hearing a loud commotion in the other room.
 
"Amber...tripped.... fell flat... on... face!" said Krystal between breaths from laughing to hard.
 
The other two erupted in laughter and now the whole room was roaring in laughter at the girl on the floor.
 
 
 
After what felt like forever to Amber the instructor finally calmed down and said that they may be dissmissed from dance practice.
 
"Amber, come here let me just check you're okay" said the instructor scanning Ambers face for any bruises.
 
"I'll see you in the reception Am" said Henry as he made his way into the mens changing rooms.
 
 
Once the instructor was finally done with checking Amber for injury, the now traumatised girl made her way into the changing rooms.
 
 
 
 
Amber opens the door just as Krystal was about to walk through in the opposite direction. Amber latches onto Krystals arm and catches her by surprise. She pulls the girl firmly by the wrist to one side.
 
"Look, I don't know what I did to make you mad but I'm really really sorry for whatever it was, I won't do it again" Amber sincerley apologised to Krystal and looks down at her feet. After a while of not hearing anything she look up to Krystal.
 
"HAHAHA" laughs Krystal "Your trip was the funniest thing ever"
 
Usually Amber would be mad that someone is making fun of her but she was mesmerised by Krystals laugh.
 
When Krystal finnaly calmed down she said "But on a serious note you're not allowed to dance with anyone but me" tracing her finger delicatley along Ambers collarbone and down her arms
 
"Got, it?" she said glaring at Amber. Then she left.
 
 
Amber was left standing zoning out once again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Note from Anonymous Author:

Dear beautiful procrastinators

I am really sorry for not updating in a while

I hope you enjoy this update and sorry for any mistakes

Have a good day

Cheers for reading :)