Chapter Three

A Fictional Story of Kryber

The alarm beeped again and finally Amber dragged herself out of bed and into the bathroom. After getting changed and rubbing her hair dry, she raced downstairs to the kitchen. Amber put two Weetabix in a bowl and munched on them hungrily while staring at her phone screen. Today the girl was mumbling the lyrics:

“We are wild

We are like young volcanoes

We are wild

Americana exotica

Do you wanna feel a little beautiful baby? Yeah”  (+10 brownie pts to whomever can name the band)

 

Amber crammed some left over’s from last night into a lunch box with chopsticks and left the house before her mum could come down to scold her for yesterday. She met Henry on the corner and they strolled to school.

 

As they were walking to school they saw some old friends, Mark and Jackson.

“Oh hey guys, long time no see!” Jackson said excitedly. Amber and Henry stopped to catch up for a while.

“So what’ve you been up to?” said Amber

“Actually, we’ve just opened up a fitness centre, you’re welcome to come if you want” replied Mark

“Yeah there is a boxing ring and a gym ‘n everything” added Jackson, exaggerating his hand movements

“Sure, why not” said Henry

 After talking about the new fitness centre Amber and Henry ended up losing track of time.

 

 

 They sprinted the rest of the way to school, climbed over the wall and legged it to their tutors.

“Try not to get into trouble today Amber” mocked Henry as they departed to their classrooms, slightly out of breath.

 

 

Amber walked to the back row and slipped into her chair with all the pupils eyes glued to her.

“Amber you’re not wearing the correct uniform” moaned Mr Kim

“So?” retaliated Amber

Mr Kim slammed his hands on the table out of frustration. The class was so silent that you could hear a pin drop, they had never seen anyone talk back to a teacher before.

“Right, Amber come sit here NOW!” yelled Mr Kim as he pointed to the seat in between his desk and the cold girl.

“Nah, you’re alright” said Amber calmly

 “If you don’t move now, I will be phoning home!” he threatened

Amber stared blankly at Mr Kim and ever so slowly pushed her chair back, creating a high pitched scratching sound. She then lifted her feet from the floor and dropped them onto the top of the desk with a BANG.

 

Mr Kim inhaled deeply, he had never dealt with behaviour like this and didn’t know what to do. He was lost for words. Amber smirked in victory. She then leaned the back of her chair on the wall and placed her hands behind her head. Amber kept eye contact with the furious teacher, neither one of them wanting to break it. The class could only watch on, none of them daring to interrupt the staring battle. Suddenly the bell rang but still no one moved as Mr Kim hadn’t dismissed them yet. The tomboy stood up stretched still looking at the teacher and walked out the door wearing a cheeky side smile.

 

 

Amber went to her first lesson, Maths. She walked into the room and the teacher allocated her a seat on a table. In the maths class, and some other lessons, the tables were laid out so that two desks faced each other. This is so they can work together.

 

Amber plugged in her ear phones, she had no intentions of listening to the teacher today. The rest of the class walked in, some staring at the charming tomboy.

After the teacher had taken the register the class, all except for one, cracked on with the work. The boy sitting next to Amber decided to introduce himself.

“Hello, I’m Taemin, nice to meet you” he said cheerfully

Amber didn’t want to be rude and remembered she has to try to be good today.

“Amber” she said and smiled as she shook Taemin’s hand. The whole class looked on, surprised that the girl was actually quite nice.

 

The next five minutes were silent as the class was working but the odd mumble could be heard if someone needed help with a certain question.

Finally the teacher said to stop with the work they were doing now and to put their books away. Once they were settled the teacher gave out some A3 paper and an extremely complicated equation.

 

The class immediately began trying to work it out. However Amber just gazed out the window, away with the fairies.

Her table, like the rest of class were stuck and didn’t even know how to start working it out.

Finally Taemin plucked up the courage and asked Amber if she knew.

“Hey, um… do you know what to do?” he asked shyly, gesturing to the paper.

Amber snapped back into reality and pulled the paper towards her slightly.

“Pffttt like this idiot would know how to do this” said the boy opposite, rather loudly.

For the first time, Amber looked across in his direction and was about to get up to punch him when she laid her eyes on the girl next to the boy. She froze. Drew a deep breath to calm herself. Amber looked back at the equation again and began scribbling down on the paper. About 5 minutes had gone by and she was still writting, until she abruptly stopped and laid down the pen.

Taemin gazed across and beckoned the teacher to check the answer.

“Well, congratulations Amber, you solved it! You must practice your maths a lot at home?” said the teacher excitedly.

The boy who insulted her before gave her a very dirty look. Whilst the girl sitting next to him slightly smiled at Amber then looked away.

“Err. Nah, this is the most I’ve ever written… like ever and usually I just bunk maths so…” said Amber as she stood up and left the room. Her heart was beating rather fast and she didn’t know why…

 

 

Her next class was with Henry, History. They spent the entire time talking. When it was finally lunch time they went to the roof again so as not to be disturbed. Amber’s next few lessons went by in a blur and before she knew it she was walking home with Henry.

 

“Hey Am” said Henry just before they separated ways

“Yeah?”

“How about going to Mark and Jackson’s sports centre thing tomorrow?” asked Henry

“It would be nice to catch up properly with those two” contemplated Amber

“Yeah and for you to lose a few pounds” Henry giggled and ran off before Amber could punch him

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note from Anonymous Author:

Dear beautiful procrastinators

Thank you very much for reading this chapter and my bad for any mistakes like grammatical errors.

I hope you all enjoyed this little update and I would like to wish my mother a very Happy Birthday (even though she won’t read this).

Cheers for reading :)