Chapter Two

A Fictional Story of Kryber

Amber woke with a start, sweat dripping from her forehead. She had just had a nightmare about her past experiences with her abusive father. The girl shook her head from side to side as if it would rid her mind of the horrific images that kept replaying. Amber looked over at the clock to see that it was 5:34, she would have to get up soon so she decided to get a shower early.

 

The melody she was humming this morning was none other than the Arctic Monkey’s ‘Arabella’.

“Arabella's got some interstellar-gator skin boots

And a helter skelter 'round her little finger and I ride it endlessly

She's got a Barbarella silver swimsuit

And when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams” she hummed.

 

She delicately hopped into the steam filled room and wrapped a towel around her body. She then meandered into her room and dressed herself in her new blazer, tie and shirt. Well, at least she tried to do her tie but failed miserably and just let it hang loose around her neck. Amber wriggled into her skin tight black jeans and converse and slung her bag over her back.

 

The tomboy started walking down the stairs one at a time but in the end launched herself over the banister. Amber walked into the kitchen and began eating a banana while checking her twitter. She was so immersed in her screen that she didn’t notice her mum come down.

“Good morning pumpkin” said Ambers mum.

“Oh mornin’ mum, sleep well?” questioned Amber.

“Yes thanks, good luck at your new school today, be good, make friends and I will be home late again tonight” nagged Ambers mum as she fixed Ambers tie.

“Yes yes yes got it bye” said Amber as she kissed her mum goodbye and ran out the door.

 

 

The blonde haired girl met with Henry on the street corner and they continued their way to the new school. The route to the new school passes through the ‘classy’ and ‘exclusive’ neighbourhood. On the way Henry kept pointing out famous restaurants or well-known landmarks. He thought he saw Boa walking on the opposite side of the road and began to violently fan-girl. That was until Amber reminded him Boa was touring in China.

 

As they drew closer to school they saw more students who attended SM High. But somehow, even in the same uniform, the other pupils looked more presentable or even elegant. Amber and Henry reached the extensive school and saw several black, lavish cars pull up at the entrance.

“Woah their parents must be rolling it in” mumbled Henry, just loud enough for Amber to hear. The tomboy herself was in total awe at the size of the school.

 

After entering the monster size school they proceeded to the administration office where they would receive their timetables.

“Ah, you must be the new students from the school for the delinquents” the lady in the office said with a disgusted look, as if she had just stepped in dog sh*t.

Amber and Henry were stood behind some familiar faces of students from their previous school. The new students wanted a fresh start in this school so decided to let the comment slip. The timetables were handed out and the office lady reprimanded them all about the expectations and rules of the school. However the Amber and Henry didn’t really give a damn about the rules so they just zoned out, gawking at the map of the school that seemed to never end.

 

Once the ‘friendly’ introduction was completed Henry and Amber made their way to their form tutors. As they passed through the hall ways they received numerous glances from SM High pupils.

“Look, they must be the new kids” whispered one girl to another.

“Well, they’re kinda handsome” said the other girl in a hushed tone.

“Yeah especially the blonde one” the girl muttered back.

“You’re forgetting they’re from that sh*t school” interrupted a boy, giving the pair a dirty look.

That was the last piece of gossip they overheard whilst strolling through the hall ways before they had to separate. Amber and Henry nodded to each other, did the ‘bro-shake’ then departed to their respective tutors.

 

Amber cautiously opened the door and stepped inside.

“You must be Em.bu.yah, please introduce yourself to the class” ordered Mr Kim, the teacher.

The whole class was silent. All eyes were on the blonde haired girl, anticipating her introduction.

*cough* “errr, sup I’m Amber” Amber said while scratching the back of her head awkwardly.

The entire class kept quiet, some staring at Amber; undressing her with their eyes and some (mostly boys) glaring at her. Others went back to studying, but one girl just kept staring at Amber with an unimpressed expression glued to her face. Amber made her way to the back of the class and took the only empty seat, next to the window. Amber sat down and shifted uncomfortably in her seat from the looks she’s getting.

“Alright class back to silent studying while I take the register” commanded Mr Kim.

Amber felt at ease with everyone’s eyes back on their textbooks except for one. Amber shifted her glance to the second row from the front and connected eyes with a cold-faced girl but in a split second the girl had turned her back.

 

 Mr Kim went out of the room to fetch some papers for his next class. This minute he passed out of the door, a boy with glasses turned around to start interrogating the new girl.

“So, I hear you’re from that wretched school” he smirked “plebs like you don’t deserve to be here”.

“Why were you kicked out?” asked another kid

“Did you do something bad, like get in a fight?!” said another girl

Amber just ignored the questions and stared out the window praying for tutor to end quickly.

“Oh I get it, you’re so incompetent you don’t even know how to speak” someone snickered

 

The students kept pestering Amber with their ridiculing but the girl kept her cool. That was until the person next to her said something about her mum.

“SHUT THE UP!” snapped Amber as she stood up and grabbed the kid by his collar.

Unfortunately for Amber, Mr Kim happened to walk back in and see Ambers aggressive actions.

“MS LIU, PUT HIM DOWN” barked the teacher

Amber kept her titanium grip on the boy with Mr Kim still shouting at her.

“MS LIU, GO TO THE PRINCIPLE NOW!” shrieked Mr Kim

Amber threw him to the ground and turned her attention to the teacher. She deliberately kicked the boy as she walked past and nonchalantly made her way past her gobsmacked classmates. She locked eyes with the cold girl, who wore a stunned expression at what she just witnessed, and barged past the teacher and out the door.

 

She reached the principal’s office, after struggling to find her way, and knocked on the door. Amber had an unamused expression as she entered and was lectured by the principal about behaviour expectations in this school. The tomboy was sent to seclusion. In the meantime, rumours of her supposed ‘attack’ on a pupil were spread to all corners of the school.

 

The girl spent her whole first day sat at a desk facing a wall, listening to music. She deliberately neglected her work sent from her teachers and instead decided to graffiti on the desk. The girl was allowed to leave the confined room for lunch. Amber met up with Henry and they walked to the edge of the school where they escalated the wall and clambered onto the roof for some peace and quiet until lunch ended. She then returned to seclusion for the rest of the day.

 

 Finally the bell rang signalling the end of the day and Amber gleefully escaped the room and quickly made her way to the exit where she would meet her best friend.

“So how was your first day?” laughed Henry

“Shut up” warned Amber as she turned to leave but something, or rather someone caught her eye.

It was the mysterious cold girl, again. Amber watched intently as the girl with silky black hair giggled with her friends and made her way towards the exit where Amber was standing. The girl walked past Amber and didn’t even spare her a glance. But for some reason Amber couldn’t stop staring at her.

 

“AMBER!” yelled Henry for the nth time.

“huh?” said Amber with a dumb expression

“You were zoning out for a good 5 minutes bro, you okay?” asked Henry worriedly

“Yeah, fine c’mon lets go” said Amber trying to change the subject

The walk home was fairly silent as Amber couldn’t get that girl out or her head. In fact for the rest of the evening, all through work and cooking tea Amber couldn’t stop thinking of the girl. Little did she know, the latter felt the same way...

 

 

 

 

 

Note from Anonymous Author:

Dear beautiful procrastinators

Thank you for reading chapter 2! How was it? Not too boring I hope…

And many apologies for any spelling mistakes, I am very tired.

 

Cheers for reading :)