Chapter One

A Fictional Story of Kryber

Authors pov

It was a gloomy monday morning in Seoul and the rain could be heard beating down on the streets. The alarm clock sounded at 6:00 o'clock and Amber wearily drew herself up from the warm, safe-haven of her blankets. The alarm was still going until Amber brought her fist down onto it which managed to put a stop to the continuous beeping. The blonde haired girl rubbed her eyes then slowly peeled herself up from the bed. She trudged her way into the bathroom for a hot, steamy shower to awaken her brain.

 

Amber rinsed the Vanilla scented shapoo out of her dripping hair.

"They said all teenagers scare the living sh*t out of me

They could care less as long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose

Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me" She tunefully mumbled as she stepped out into the steam to dry herself.

 

Amber was feeling more refreshed now and, still humming the tune, managed to pull on a blue t-shirt, black skinny jeans and some black converse. Her school did have a uniform but Amber was quite rebellious and didn't care if it was prohibited to not wear uniform. As for her hair she dryed it with a towel and ran a comb carelessly through so it looked somewhat presentable.

 

After grabbing her school bag and recklessly jumping down the stairs Amber found herself infront of her displeased mother.

"How many times have I told you NOT to jump down the stairs?!" Said Ambers mum with a glare from hell.

"Sorry mum" Amber pouted.

*sigh* "That's okay just don't do it again, oh and I won't be back till very late because of work today"

"Okay mum" Amber said as she rushed into the kitchen and gobbled down some toast with Nutella. The blonde haired girl then pecked her mothers cheek as she galavanted out the door.

 

The rain was still pouring down as Amber stepped outside so she decided to grab her favourite, oversized, grey Jack Wills hoddie to keep the worst off.

"Well at least it's good weather for the ducks" thought Amber as she meandered down the road.

The area in which Amber lived was conisidered very dodgy and rough. It was quite a trek to her school but it was made more bareable by the fact that she would meet her bestfriend Henry at the corner everyday and today was no exception.

"Sup Ambro" greeted Henry cheerfully even though the heavens were still open.

"Good mornin' Henry, did you sleep well?" asked Amber.

They both then slowly walked down the road to school, conversing about small things like the weather or the results of the latest football matches. The school they go to is specifically for the 'poor' or 'rebellious' kids that other schools don't want. Their school is kown as the roughest out of all the schools in South Korea but Amber and Henry, after going to the school for two years now, know how to avoid trouble with the other kids and can become a subtle blur in the crowded hallways to escape from the chaos and fights.

 

After half an hour of walking Henry's stomach rumbled.

"Can we grab a bite to eat, I missed my breakfast?" said Henry.

So they crossed the road and entered a small bakery where Henry purchased two egg tarts that would hopefully suffice the monster in his belly till lunch time. Once they came out of the bakery and Henry shoveled down the food managing to get crumbs all over his chin, they continued their trek to school.

Henry lives with both his parents in a two story house. Both his parents work and he has no siblings so most of the time it's just him in the house. Both his parents are Admirals in the navy so he is quite well off (I don't know much about the navy, sorry). On the other hand Amber just lives with her mum as her dad was put in jail 5 years ago for abusing Amber and her mum. Amber's mum works in a superstore and sometimes has to do night shifts just to have enough money for rent. Amber herself works in a cafe after school sometimes to help her mother with financial problems.

 

Henry and Amber have been friends ever since Amber helped Henry one day at the very start of school.

 

*Flashback*

Amber just came out of her maths class after being held back by the teacher for not doing the work. She was casually walking around the back of the school as all the other gates would be locked by now when she saw four kids beating up another one. She wanted to just go home but her conscience told her to help, so she walked up to the group.

"Hey stop that" Amber said and pulled one of them back so she could get into the circle to help the boy on the grund.

"The do you think you're doin'?!" shouted one of the boys.

Amber ignored him and continued to help the boy on the ground. This aggrevated the boy who previously shouted.

"Boys, beat this little sh*t too"

"Why not, heh" said a tall lad with a shockingly deep voice.

Another boy, who looked like a steamed bun, lunged at Amber. Little did they know that Amber is a black belt in taekwondo...

Amber kicked the Steamed bun between the legs and punched his nose. The deep voiced boy then stepped forward but Amber was too quick and got her foot high enough to kick his head. She continued to fight the others till the first one backed out and began running to the exit and the others followed.

"We'll get you for this you son of a b*tch" shouted one of them as they turned the corner.

 

Amber wiped the sweat from her forehead and glanced at the boy on the floor. She reached her hand out to help pull him up.

"Thanks" he said while wiping the blood from his nose.

"No prob, I'm Amber by the way" she said as she bowed slightly.

"Woah you're a girl?!"

"Yeah problem?"

"No it's...just..." stuttered the boy.

"Heh don't worry I get it a lot" she smiled.

"Sorry, I'm Henry by the way" he bowed a full 90 degrees.

"Cool, what way do you walk?" she questioned.

"I live on ________ street"

"Oh we walk the same way then, I live like 5 minutes from your house"

So they started walking home and Henry told Amber about how those boys always pester him. And from then they were best friends.

*Flashbacks Ends*

 

Henry and Amber continue their way to school but once they get there only the main entrance was open and if they went through there they would be marked down for being late.

"Sh*t I can't be late again my parents would kill me!" exclaimed Henry.

"Bro don't worry, we will climb over the wall at the back" said Amber.

So they ran to the back of the school and Amber parkoured over the fence easliy.

"Am, you forgot that I can't get over the wall"  shouted Henry from the other side.

Amber then climbed her way back to the other side, boosted Henry to above her shoulders so he could pull himself over then repeated her parkour over the wall, again. Once they both landed safely inside the school, they sprinted all the way to their different form tutors and seperated ways.

 

"Ah, Ms Liu you finally made it, sit down" sneered the teacher.

Some of the class snickered as a drenched Amber walked to her seat but the rest were to absoarbed in talking or sleeping to even notice. Ambers seat was in the furthest row and on the very end next to the window. She sat down, threw her bag under the table and plugged her ear phones in to block out the monotonous drone of the teacher.

 

The bell rang signalling the end of tutor and the start of first lesson but before Amber could drag herself to History her form tutor shoved a letter into everyones hands. Amber scrunched up the piece of paper into her pocket and barged her way past all the people in her way. She finally made it to her history class and sat at her desk at the edge of the room. She once again placed her head on the desk as a sign not to be disturbed. About 40 minutes into the lesson Amber got bored and decided to read the letter she got from her tutour.

It read:

Dear All Pupils

Our school has lost too many staff due to them not being able to cope with your dispicable behaviour and it has pushed the government to close the school, starting tomorrow you will all attend new schools. The list of which pupils will go to which schools will be available outside the administration office.

Yours sincerely

Mr Park

The Head Teacher

Amber had to read it a few more time before it finally sunk in that she would be going to a new school tomorrow. She automatically texted Henry to see if he new.

"Ms Liu put your phone away" snapped the teacher.

But Amber continued to text Henry untill the bell sounded and everyone got up to leave and get to their next lessons. Amber had Maths next but Henry texted her to just meet at the adminastration office to look at the list. So she ditched her class and made her way to the list.

 

"Henry why don't we just look at break?" said Amber.

"You really wat to go to maths?" retorted Henry.

"Well no....but"

"Exactly, besides no one else is here so we don't have to wait to see the list" interrupted Henry.

"Fair enough" said Amber.

They both looked at the list and were pleased to find that they were both down for the same school, and only a few other people they hadn't heard of were also going, which meant they didn't have to put up with any of the douches at this school anymore!

 

Henry and Amber were over the moon and decided to just bunk the rest of school, the headed into town and went into a quiet bubble tea shop to relax and talk.

"So, where is our new school?" asked Amber.

"Wait, I'll check..." said Henry as he searched his phone for information about their new school.

While waiting for Henry, Amber ordered two chocolate bubble tea's. She gave one to Henry and sat down sipping on the drink.

"Am, guess what" said Henry.

After sipping on his drinking, pausing to create suspense Henry continued.

"Our new school is in GANGNAM!" shouted Henry.

"Holy sh*t" Amber said

"Init, it's the private school there that only the smartest and richest pupils go to... SM HIGH SCHOOL!" Henry shouted again.

After hearing this Amber choked on her chocolate bubble tea.

"How the am I meant to afford that?!" screamed Amber earning a glare and scolding from the shop owner.

"Bro, calm down didn't you read the bottom of the list?"

Amber shook her head, her mind still racing wondering how she's going to tell her mum the news.

"It said that we wouldn't have to pay for any of the schools, just the uniforms, equipment and travelling costs ect." said Henry as he took to huge gulps of bubble tea.

"Oh..." said Amber.

"C'mon we need to buy uniform" said Henry as he stood up, stretched and started to walk out the door.

"I don't have any money, I just spent it on bubble Tea"  Amber said with a gloomy expression.

"Don't worry, you gave me a boost this morning, saving me from getting scolded from my parents and brought me bubble tea so I will by us both blazers, ties and shirts but we can just wear jeans if that's cool" said Henry as he exited the shop and started roaming the streets to find a shop that sells the correct uniforms.

Once Amber purchased her uniform she bid goodbye to Henry and legged it to the cafe where she works and got there just in time. She grabbed an appron, chucked her bag behind the counter and waited for some customers.

 

At 8:00pm she finally got permission to leave and began the long walk home. Amber reached her home and entered. The tomboy remembered that her mum wouldn't get back till late so she decided to write a note explaining everything that happened today about her school. She then dashed up the stairs to take a hot shower and finally get to her favourite place where she can escape from the harshness of reality, her bed.

 

 

 

 

 

Note from Anonymous Author:

Dear beautiful procrastinators

Thankyou for reading, if you did read up to here!

My next chapter will be Amber going to her new school and her first encounter with Krystal. I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone who expected Krystal to be in this chapter, mianhe.

Furthermore I would like to apologise if I take a while to update as I am still at an age where I am forced into a building with other annoying children for 6 hours at a time which therefore limits my free time. But I will try my hardest to update regularly.

Cheers for reading :)