Chapter Four

A Fictional Story of Kryber

Amber rubbed the sleep from her eyes and pushed herself up from the warm, comforting blankets and into the bathroom. After showering, she changed into her uniform whilst uttering the lyrics:

"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone
"           (+10 brownie pts if you can name the song and/or band)

The blonde haired girl jumped down the stairs and put some bread in the toaster. When her toast popped she buttered it and sat down to eat it. Amber thought it was very weird for her mum not to come down yet so she went upstairs to check.

 

 

*Tap tap tap* She gently rapped on the door. No answer. She tapped louder this time. *Knock knock knock* She waited quietly with her head against the door for any sign of life. Still nothing. Amber stood staring at the door for a good 5 minutes pondering whether to enter or not. Finally she decided to go in. The door creaked on it's hinges as she slowly stepped in. She tip-toed over to her mum's bed only to see her mother pale faced and sweating.

 

"Mum! Are you okay?" she asked worriedly

"Amber? I'm fine" she said slowly rising from her bed, Amber placed her palm on her mum's burning forehead.

"Mum you're sick, stay in bed today, I'll make you breakfast and bring you up some aspirin" Amber said forcing her mum to lie down again.

"No Am, I need to go to work and you need to go to school" said Amber's mum

"Mum it's fine I'll take the day off and work instead of you, okay?" reasoned the tomboy, her mother nodded and laid back down, to tired and weak to argue. Amber raced down the stairs and quickly made some porridge and grabbed a glass of water with paracetamol. She then started jogging back up the stairs but had to slow down as she spilt the majority of the water down her front.

 

She entered her mum's room only to find her mum out like a light. She carefully placed her breakfast and paracetamol on the bedside table and crept out. She went back into her own room to change into light blue jeans and a dark green, stripy shirt. She grabbed a black snap back and hopped down the stairs for the third time that morning. She reached the superstore where her mum worked in two minutes only to remeber she forgot to text Henry she's not going to school today.

 

 

 

She entered the familiar store and went to the back, knocked on the door and waited patiently. Suddenly the door burst open revealing a plump, small man with very little hair left on top of his head.

"Who are you?" he rudely said in a gruff voice

"Hello, I'm Amber Liu and my mum..." She started explaining rather quickly as the man made her feel nervous

"Oh Amber?! You've changed a lot, more taller and handsomer than before... and what are you doing here?" he said with a slightly lighter tone

"Well, my mum is sick so I'm doing her shift today" she said whilst scraching the back of her head, a habit she as acquired when she is apprehensive, uncomfortable or tense

"That's great! But it's been a while since you last worked here, I will give you a quick tour as some stuff has changed then an overveiw of your jobs for today"

 

 

After a quick tour of the improved superstore, it now had a clothing section and a small cafe, she went to the private employees room. The room included a sofa, TV and small kitchen for employees on a break or shift. Amber walked a little further and found the lockers where she left her bag and changed into a black polo shirt with the company logo on it. After piercing her top with a name badge she ran a hand through her hair and put her snap back on her head.

 

 

Her first task was to take the heavy boxes from the store room and unpack them onto the shelves, Amber did this consitently for 2 hours straight. When she finally got the chance to sit down for 10 minutes in the employees room, she was basically dead. She made herself a cup of tea and dunked her favourite digestive biscuit in. As Amber was resting her mind began to wander, specifically to a certain person. The tomboy drained the last of her tea and smacked her head on the coffee table to stop herself from thinking of this girl.

"It's not like I've got any chance with her anyway" she gloomily thought.

 

 

 

Amber spent the rest of her day unpacking boxes and moping floors. The blonde girl was so absoarbed in her work she didn't realise it was already 3pm, school would have finished by now and she still has 2 hours left. Amber was just unpacking some large jars of mayonaise when she overheard her name in the next ailse.

"So this new girl, Amber or something, out of nowhere she just grabbed my collar" a boys voice said

"Oh no , then what happened?" a girls voice called out with a tone of awe

"Well, I was about to punch her but the teacher walked in so I just pushed her instead" the same boastful voice said

"Wow, Minho you're so brave! Don't you think so Krys?" said the girl

*Scoff* "Yeah, so brave"  said a sarcastic, cold voice

"So are you just gonna let it slip or what?" said another boys voice

"Ha no, if I see her I swear I'll finish her"  Minho said arrogantly

"Oh really?" Amber said, she had snuck up behind the group and was now leaning cooly on the wall

"Uh...uh....n..nnn..no" said Minho, he had jumped right up in the air when Amber appeared and looked as if he was going to piss himself. His face looked like he'd seen a ghost. Minho cleared his throat.

"Errr... well..I would fight you b..bb...bbut I need to go home" and with that he raced out the store with the other boy and girl behind him. Amber snickered, watching them run out of the store.

 

 

"Would you really have fought with him?" said a delicate voice, Amber froze. Once she got her sense back she turned straight around and her eyes widned to the size of the moon. The girl she was facing was less than an inch away from her and the latter was obvioulsy surprised too as they both immidiatley took a step back. The girl muttered an apology and looked down.

"Ahm, p...pp..probably not, unn..n..unless he started on.n.n me." By the time Amber had sppilled out her sentence it was barley more than a whisper. The two stood their awkwardly for a minute or two.

"Do you need any help with anything?" Amber was the first to break the silence

"No, thankyou" said the girl still looking down "I should go now"

Amber stood aside to let the girl past, her brain arguing whether to try to speak to her more or not.

 

 

 

"WAIT!" Amber yelled just as the girl was about to walk out of the ailse, she turned round with a stoic face.

"Yes?"

"Umm..mm..asdfghjk..yrehbgerv...errr" Amber made some incoherent noises and in doing so face palmed out of embarassment, she drew a deep breath and started again.

"I'm Amber" she smiled and held out her hand

"Krystal" the girl giggled at Ambers cute antics and shook her hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note from Anonymous Author:

Dear beautiful procrastinators

Thankyou for reading this chapter and sorry for any mistakes I have made

Have a goodmorning/afternoon/evening/day

Cheers for reading :)