Why Daesung decided to change

Everyone has a mask
Please log in to read the full chapter

         

          Why Daesung decided to change

 

           Everyone who met Kang Daesung before he moved to Seoul agreed unanimously that he was strange. In fact if someone asked his peers who Kang Daesung was he/she would look at you surprised and then would explode in laugher.

          So why the mention of his name would cause such reaction?

          «He's a geek.»

          «That guy makes people feel uncomfortable.»

          «He's really strange, that Kang Daesung...»

          Perhaps it was not enough describe little Daesung as "Strange". Perhaps it was better to describe him as awkward, that kind of kid who would rather spend his breaks in the classroom speaking with an imaginary friend than playing fun games with his classmates. The scaredy-cat who often would ask the teacher to accompain him to the bathroom because he was afraid, even though he was already in the primary school. The dumb kid who couldn't make a multiplication to save his life, even though he wore glasses.

          In other words he was the oddball of the class. The uncool kid that everyone made sure to avoid.

          No one ever bothered to ask why Daesung acted the way he did.

          The reason he played with his imaginary friends was simple and also a sad true: he didn't have friends. Because of his parents work he was always moving never having enough time to cement a friendship. To make things even harder he was shy in nature so it was naturally harder for him to approach people. He was really a lonely kid. Sometimes he wished that he could have had siblings... at least he wouldn't feel as lonely as he was.

          Daesung knew himself to be a coward and scaredy-cat. He always

Please log in to read the full chapter