Side story: How TOP lost his underwear and Chen his temper

Everyone has a mask
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Somewhere in Beijing, China

 

          It was the umpteenth time that Chanyeol, as usually was putting a 2ne1 music video that day. The vibe he was giving was weird... and downright creepy. The dazed expression he had every time he saw his said angel, Sandara Park gave the rest of the members some shudders.

          That was not the first time they've seen Chanyeol acting like a creep. The guy unfortunately for the rest of Exo members was a fanboy.

          But worst than being a fanboy, was unfortunately being a fanboy and a blackjack... at least when concerning idol company SM.

          It was not like SM artists had something against YG company, but the topic about the man and his artists was always awkward to touch. Sure, they've greeted them and participated in some shows with YG artists, but they never had the courage to truly engage in a conversation. The only one truly bold to do something like that was Amber, and even so she only spoken with 2ne1's maknae.

          They were just... intimidating. SNSD and Suju were acquaintances with big bang, but even they were always careful around them. Which was funny since Suju debuted first which made them their sunbaenims ( though they were apart in seniority for a few months), and supposedly, Big Bang should be intimidated by Suju not the opposite.

         Chanyeol was similar as his fellow artists. He had an healthy respect towards YG artists and never directly approached them, and god forbid, 2ne1. But that doesn't mean he was afraid to unleash his various levels of "fanboyism" in national tv, to a point that rumors about Exo being 2ne1's fanboys grew like a disease, when the only fanboy was the same guy who started the rumors.

          As expected, the company didn't like it and scolded Chanyeol for his behavior. Baekhyun, a self-proclaimed Sone (and now dating the woman of his dreams), decided to beat his "blackjackism" out of him. Of course there was some resistence from Chanyeol in the beginning, Baekhyun thought that he was going to die the day he took the posters of Sandara Park from his walls and hid it. But slowly and surely Chanyeol began to act a bit more normal.

          The company and the members breath in relief when he greeted 2ne1, in one of the shows they met, without causing a commotion. They even started to believe that the giant (finally) left his fanboy ways and forgot to marry Sandara Park!

         They thought.

         Unfortunately, the results of Baekhyun's therapy didn't last long.

         The catalyst was his participation on "Roommate" with 2ne1's Park Bom.

         In the beginning there was no hint that he returned in what he used to be. He greeted her the same way he did to anyone who lived in the house. He was polite. He was nice. But he was distant.

         Then the hell broke loose, when a well intended praise from Park Bom shattered the wall Chanyeol was keeping.

         «That's the first time that i notice... you would look good with Dara-ah...»

          Since then, he decided to pursue his love for Dara, his inner blackjack chauvinism returned stronger than ever. Not even SNSD and Baekhyun's constant attempts to convert him into a sone managed to ha an effect on him.

          But the worst was not even the fact that his creepiness was back in full force... the worst was that his damn fanboy ways was spreading like a disease inside SM. At his side with the same creepy look as him, stood none other than Wu Yifan, otherwise known as Kris, leader of Exo-m, beside him was Kai, who was giving all of his attention into the mv like he never seen anything before, and to anyone's amusement Xiumin who generally run from Chanyeol every time he was acting that way.

          « I understand why Chanyeol has that kind of expression. » spoke Suho with amusement. «But why the hell are Kris, Kai and even Xiumin acting that way?» 

          «No idea. » answered Sehun with a puzzled expression. «And i would like to know.»

          « We only arrived to find them giggling in front of the laptop. » Explained Luhan, then added with a sour expression. « Leader's fanboy face is disgusting.»

          « I don't think that anyone can manage to look as scary as him. » agreed Tao with a sour expression of his own.

          « Let's just turn off the computer. » said Chen with an hint of despair on his voice. «Please, if we don't stop them now than it's going to be worse!»

          That comment from Chen wasn't surprising.  Luckily for the members Chen was usually the only one who would receive the worst from Chanyeol's behavior. The guy was not the type to complain, but then the other members guessed that Chanyeol's antics were too annoying to even make a peaceful guy like Chen loose his patience. And his patience apparently had its limits when the tall boy sneaked during the night to cuddle with Chen,  thinking that he was his beloved Dara in the middle of night. When asked why he did it, Chanyeol would reply that Chen was at fault for smelling too much like a girl.

          None of the members Exo could argue that point.

          « Someone tell me this is a nightmare.»  mumbled Chen, unconsciously trying to hide himself behind Sehun.

          The boys started to giggle again, their cheeks gaining a crimson color. The rest of Exo members only shuddered in fear.

         Only D.O, who just entered the living room attracted by the commotion, had the guts to ask:

          « What are you doing?»

          In a fearsome way, that only fanboys can, they turned their heads perfectly synchronized from the laptop to glare in D.O's direction.

          «We are listening to music.» Said Kris. His tone was cold and the other members couldn't help but shiver at the way he was throwing them dirty looks. «You better have a good reason to interrupt us. » he added threatening.

          The boys gulped. In opposition to Suho, Kris could be really scary and none of them had the balls to cross the guy in any way.

          « Ah, ah,ah. Don't be like that Kris-gege.» Laughed Lay nervously. «We just wanted to ask if we could watch with you.» He lied. The other members sighed in relief, feeling thankful that Lay came up with something.

          But even so, it was not like they were safe. The four fanboys, at the same time, began to study with scrutiny the group. The boys gulped and glanced nervously towards each other. They only breath in relief when Chanyeol's face broken on his famous grin.

          «Sure.» he answered, the smile never living his face. «It's always a pleasure to show the awesomeness of 2ne1.»

          Then the Exo members (not the fanboys!), for the first time realized what entailed Lay's little white lie and glared at him. Chen s

Please log in to read the full chapter