Crush

Everyone has a mask
Please log in to read the full chapter

       

 

Minji's melancholy

 

     

         If someone asked Gong Minji why she loved to dance so much, the answer would be a random one...

         She loved to dance for various reasons.

         To her friends, acquaintances and family she would answer the obvious: It was good for the body and gave her the physical workout she needed. It was the only way she felt she could express her creativity and be herself. It was her way to clear up her head. Dancing was part of her, just like her arm, her toes and any part of her body. If she was prevented from dancing, she would still be Minji but not the same Minji.

         Dance was the escape for everything that made her upset. The escape she needed when someone disappointed her. The way she figured to channel all her negative emotions.  More than being an escape dance was her life. She was Dance, and if someone took it from her she would die... figuratively speaking.

         But then, there was something she didn't dare to admit.

         The reason... no! The person who made her love dancing was her childhood arch-nemesis: Kim Jongin or as his closest friends and loved ones called him, Kai.

         N-not that she was in love with him or anything of the type. She was a good rival and as a good rival she would follow her foe to the depths of hell (definetly not hell! She loved her self too much to follow an to such a dangerous place. If he did something like that she would admit that she lost just to have the satisfaction of seeing him finally go to the place he belonged!) the earth to beat him at anything possible . She didn't begin dancing because he looked cool  and not because it was a good opportunity to spend more time with him. Definetly not!

         She stared at the way he gracefully moved his body. He was skillful and his technique was amazing. There were not many people who could compete with him in a full out dance battle, begrundingly she had to concede.

         And then he suddenly smirked provocatively and with his right hand he gestured in her direction to come forward. Minzy who was currently drinking water after dancing without rest, choked. The liquid spilling on and chest. The other club members who were beside also resting, laughed loudly at her reaction. Everyone knew of the animosity between the two maknaes, that's why everyone assumed that Minzy was disgusted by seeing her nemesis trying to act y.

        That was not the reason though. Despite blaming every disaster and decease known to mankind in Kai's existence (and she blamed him for her recent mishap!); at the same time she was mortified by her own traitorous body for having such extreme reaction for something... Something that should be disgusting! She definetly had fever! She was not blushing and her body was not hot because he looked y. He was not y!  Look stupid body, the way he is looking in our direction is not y! He just looks like a pedo trying to lure kids with candy, get it?!

         She knew that gesture wasn't for her; their animosity was so big that they avoided dancing with each other, yet because Jiyoung was sitting right beside her covered the angle he was pointing, it felt like he was flirting with her.

         She really hated the way he looked handsome with no effort: why God had to be so unfair?! She had to wake up everyday at an ungodly hour so that she could look good! She knew from a reliable source (She was no stalker! H-his mother was the one who told her!), that it was a nightmare to make him take a bath; sometimes he would go to school with bed hair. But even so, how come he always looked so...so... argh!!! He was a guy he shouldn't be that pretty! Comparing her own ordinary face with his was like comparing a frog with... with... forget it! She was not even good with literature , which obviously he was good at! And she really abhorred him for it too! 

          Well, since she was thinking of the things she really, but really hated about him, might as well add the way he smiled when Jiyoung gave him a bottle of water and a towel. She hated the way he laughed with brown-haired girl, the way he looked at her as if the world did not exist.

         As if she didn't exist. She bit her lip and tried not to look at them.

         Why didn't he look at her the same way? Why she was always on the receiving hand of his anger? Why couldn't he smile at her the same way he did to Jiyoung? Why couldn't he laugh at her jokes?

         She glared at her feet. She hated him. He was  truly a disgusting bastard, why should she want him to threat her the same way he did to Jiyoung? Hmpft. If he did something like that, than she would truly choke on her own saliva and die.

        She rose from her fee

Please log in to read the full chapter