The baddest female or the (most) awkward female?

Everyone has a mask
Please log in to read the full chapter
          The baddest female or the (most) awkward female?

 

          For once Lee Chaerin was feeling happy.

          Oh yes! Happy, delighted and ecstasic was perhaps the better way to describe her current feelings. It was not like she was normaly sad or moody. In her modest opinion her life was utterly boring and she was not really used to feel such extreme emotions. Generally her mood could be described in four single words: annoyed, lazy, bored or interested.

          That day in special she was happy. She didn't know why she was feeling that way... well perhaps she did, she thought while smirking. But then, considering that it was a day like any other, there were not reasons to make her feel that way. She woke up and dressed to go to school. She had to wake up even earlier than usual since she was tasked to take her little brother to school.The weather was bad: it was a cold day of winter and it was raining a lot.

          She tried to smile gently to her little brother Yedam before saying goodbye, but instead of the smile, twitched becoming a malicious smirk. Yedam shuddered. Though Chaerin was a good older sister everytime she smiled it gave him the creeps.He returned her smile with his own, though a bit uncertain.

          The reason why Yedam felt uneasy with her smile was to do with the simple fact that his noona was a person who didn't particulary expressed her feelings. She was often cold and aloof, not because she was really a bad person but due to the fact that she didn't know how to act other way. The eight year old kid tilted his head in confusion while watching the retreating back of his sister. What could have happened to make her in such mood?

          The answer was a bit shocking in itself considering that anyone who met the blonde would never believe she thought that way. The reason why she felt so pleased with herself and the world was...

          The School Winter Festival!, she thought (Some people retreated, looking at her weirdly due to the intensive way she was glaring at the bus driver, who was giving the change while sweating bullets.)

          Now why should she feel happy with something so random and boring as a school party?

          Chaerin never was able to assist or even participate in a school festival. At first because when she was little, the other kids were always afraid to approach her. Later it had to do with the fact everyone assumed that since she was «cool» and «awesome» it was beneath her to participate in something so common as a school party. 

          But that year she was decided to be an active member of the festival. That way she could finally make some friends, she thought to herself giggling (unfortunately to the bypassers it looked like an evil chuckle).

          To understand the thoughts that crossed the mind of Lee Chaerin, one should understand some facts about her life:

          First of all Chaerin personality was always that way. She always had trouble in expressing her feelings. Not that she lacked any emotions like her classmates believed. And it was not like she enjoyed being «cool» and the «aloof» chick. She simply didn't know how to act other than that way.

          Second, e

Please log in to read the full chapter