08

The Star That Made Her Smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

20160212

A/N: The part after she blacks out is a flashback in the form of a dream, and the Italicised  part is the flahback, and the different font is her thoughts and feelings. She cant make out Luhan's face, so like......she doesnt know who he is, and thats why i never used his name. Enjoy~~

“Oh…her name is Aquila, or–”

Aquila, why do I recognize that name? “Niu Lang Xing?” She blurted out, without thinking. The names kept ringing in her head. She started feeling the pounding in her head again, and everything started spinning.  Voices started ringing in her head, and before she knew it, her knees buckled in, and her eyes shut close, her consciousness creeping away. The last thing she heard before passing out was Luhan's voice calling out to her in alarmed tone.

“Yeah, how d–, Jang Mi!”

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Soo Yeong.”

She was standing in a hall, and judging from her surroundings and the voices from just now, it was someone’s birthday. The scene playing out in front of her was vivid, leading her to question if this was a dream, a figment of her imagination, or a something real.

A young Soo Yeong blew out the candles on the cake resulting in claps echoing all over the big hall. The hall was pretty big, magnificent even. Her parents had gone all out for their daughters 13th birthday. There was a big chandelier hanging in the center of the ceiling, directly under the ceiling, was a circular design. On top of the design, was a cart, carrying the big blue elegant five tier cake. The cake was blue, with golden designs.

Soo Yeong felt like she had been casted into a scene from a show, like a watcher, witnessing the scenes, but they all felt awfully familiar. She could make out her younger self in the crowd, and her parents. But the rest was a blur; she couldn’t recognize any of the faces. They were there, but she couldn’t make them out completely, like the outline was there, but the face was blurry.

The cake reminded everyone of Cinderella, a princess, and for the parents of the birthday girl, their daughter was no less. There were smaller chandeliers decorating the ceiling, illuminating the room with a golden-yellow color. Red velvet drapes decorated the windows, some tied, and some loose, letting in the cool night breeze.

The birthday girl herself was in a teal gown, with straps that hung from her exposed shoulders. The front of her gown was decorated in golden threads, creating elegant and intricate roses. From waist down, her gown had netted frills, getting bigger bit by bit. The edges of the netted frills decorated with a strip of golden satin.

The crowd consisted of friends of Soo Yeong, and business partners of her father, and other business contacts. The highest people of Korea were there, and some from China, even. That included the Xi family. They were one of the biggest and highest business conglomerates in China. Her parents and they were about to propose a partnership to bring their two biggest businesses together to create one big business that would outgrow Asia.

Their relatives were there, all had come in from different parts of Asia and other parts of the world. Her father’s side of the family was just as successful as their brother, but he was on top of them. Her mother, however, was not from the high class society. She was a mere middle class person, but she built her way up to the top. She bought pride to her family. While working on her path. She met her father, and the two fell in love. A love story pulled out of a book.

The Xi’s had a son, who was already acquainted with Soo Yeong and their parents couldn’t be happier that their kids were already familiar with each other. They were dating, and their parents couldn’t be more content, although they were a bit shocked that their 13 year old kids were dating, so they just called it a ‘bit-more-than-friendship’ relationship.

She tried to listen to the conversations going around, varying from the birthday girl to the successful accomplishments of her father’s business. She felt really drawn to the boy that was constantly hanging around her younger self. Being around them, looking at the scene, memories were resurfacing, but she still couldn’t figure out the name of the young boy.

She couldn’t see the face of the boy, no matter which way she went. But she faintly remembers the build of the body that seemed to be so over-familiar with her old self. She didn’t persist in trying to see his face, if she had to see it, then he would turn around, or she would remember something.

The guests all stepped forward to congratulate the girl, who couldn’t be happier. She was a daughter of the rich, but she was as humble as any middle class person. She asked her parents to keep it small, and just invite friends and family, but why would they ever listen? They were ready to give their daughter the happiness she deserved at any cost.

The party was over, and standing by the door, Soo Yeong handed out the party favours with the help of the Xi boy, while their parents chatted away while sitting on the sofas. They looked like they were having a good time, so deciding not to disturb them or the workers that were cleaning up, Soo Yeong decided to show how grateful she was to the guests for coming by herself. 

The last of the guests had left, leaving the two kids alone to themselves and the echoing laughter from their parents chatter. The house was empty now, save for the maids and butlers. Soo Yeong was never the type of person to push people into giving her gifts, but today she felt disappointed because the one person she wanted a gift from didn’t give her one.

She went over to the table and started browsing through the gifts to see if he left it there for her. “Looking for something?” a voice spoke, startling her into his arms.

“Oh, nothing. No.” She smiled sheepishly, feeling dejected. Instead of being concerned, the boy’s lips broke into a smirk.

“It took me so long to find your room!” He was smiling smugly now, and that’s all it took for Soo Yeong to run to her room on the second floor. She burst in through the room and her eyes tripled in size. The room was decorated with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter