01

The Star That Made Her Smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20151230

Twisting and turning in bed, Soo Young sat up with a jolt. She sat there, as the beads of sweat trickled down the side of her face, with the bright sunlight blinding her view. She thought about the contents of her recently dream turned nightmare. Through the memorized nightmare, there was one thing that stood out; a face, one that she never saw before today, ever.

She already has the subjects of the recurring dream about her accident memorized, so who was this? She checked the time on the alarm clock on her bedside table. 6: 30? Why do I even need an alarm clock when I always end up waking up an hour earlier?, removing the covers, she stood up and made her way to the bookshelf across the room. This was a bookshelf, yes, but it didn’t contain very many books, rather, it was b with sketchbooks that she filled in with drawings of the images from her dreams.

She got one out that she knew wasn’t filled up and sat down at her white wood finished desk and opened up the sketchbook to a fresh page. The image was still fresh in her mind, but she couldn’t make sense of it. It was in 720p quality, but it was still blurry. In a moment’s time, she had started sketching the face. Along the way, the image on her paper started getting clearer and clearer until the drawing was finally completed. She tore the drawing out of her book and held it up to her eye level, admiring it in a way that was new to her. She put it down and checked the time once again. 7: 00, better get ready, she thought to herself as she walked in to the washroom.

Half an hour later she was walking out of her middle class one bedroom apartment and headed towards the stairs to get downstairs. Not that she isn’t comfortable with elevators, it’s just she doesn’t live too high in the sky, in fact, her small apartment is located on the 5th floor, and the elevators in her building aren’t first class, so they take their time to come when called.

She got to the parking lot and sat on her ride, her favourite and imported, white Suzuki GSX R600. She pulled the helmet over top of her head and with the turn of the key, her bike came to life and in the next second, it was roaring away on its way to the destination.

She got to school in a matter of minutes as she didn’t live too far away. Stopping a small distance away from the gates of the high class school, she noticed her step siblings and went over to them. “Finally! What took you so long Noona,” her youngest brother, a freshman, Jinhwan exclaimed as she parked in the spot next to theirs and took her helmet off.

“Stop bothering her Jinhwan,” said his older by one year brother, Junhoe.  “Let’s go on in, and Sis, we’ll drop you off at the office,” her sister Hae Ra stated. “Ah, no it’s okay, I’m going to look around a bit,” were the faint words that came out of Soo Young’s mouth. “You sure?” all three ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter