04

The Star That Made Her Smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20160120

Luhan was running, fast. He was running faster than when he got late for school, faster than when he play’s his football games, and faster than that day when he saved her. He didn’t even know anymore if this girl was his Soo Yeong anymore.

He had gone to call Kris and Jang Mi because they were going back in, so he had been chosen to go call her. But when he went to the back of the school, he had witnessed them –or her– hugging him tightly, while tears flowed down her pale cheeks. All the while Kris was hugging her back.

What was he supposed to think of this? This isn’t something brothers and sisters do? And they did say they were besties before, so who was he to come in between them. He stopped running when he reached the rooftop of the school, his spot.

The stairs to the roof were in the deserted section of the school, and nobody goes there, but Luhan always comes here to cool his mind and just think about random stuff. He had a mattress set up, as he usually takes naps, and today was no different. He decided to lie down and just forget about everything.

But who would have thought he would actually fall asleep, and dream of the day he met her, saved her, and fell in love with her. He had known her long before that day, he always stared at her, watched her every move, and for some reason, he felt attracted to her.

Being young, he didn’t know too much about love, but after witnessing her personality, he was sure this was the girl he wants to spend the rest of his days with. They say young people are reckless and think every little fling is true love, but this time, boy did they underestimate them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris had calmed Soo Yeong down by now, and he was taking her back to the rest of the group, along the way, he spoke up, “So, how did you become friends with that Suzy girl again?”

“Curious, are we? Or is it something else?” she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

“Hmm, yeah” he chuckled, “I saw her a month ago, and I don’t know, it was like love at first sight,” he admitted.

“Then why’d you say you didn’t know her?” Soo Yeong questioned, confused?

“Because its creepy?! ” he exclaimed, then chuckled, “So, do you have that drawing you were talking about?”

“Yeah, why?” She asked again, confused.

Kris just shook his head, deciding to play cupid for the two, and to admit, he saw a picture of a girl in Luhan’s wallet before, and it looked like a younger version of Soo Yeong, but he had yet to confirm it.  “I wanna see it later, no buts!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---5 years ago---

--School Grounds--

It was a bright and sunny day, no one would have ever thought something bad could happen on a day like this, but people couldn’t predict deaths or accidents like they could weather. The sun was shining; there was barely a cloud in sight, a perfect day to –in Luhan’s opinion– play football.

He was out with the rest of the gang (EXO) playing, when Tao kicked the ball too hard and it was about to make its way onto the street. Luhan was closest, so he ran to get the ball before it turned into roadside meat rubber.

There was a girl walking, or crossing the street, while laughing and looking back, and not focusing on the road like she was supposed to. She was glancing at her friend, who at first was telling her to stop and wait for her, but afterwards, her eyes grew in size as she was screaming for her friend, who was now standing in the middle of the road, to get off the road.

Before the girl could comprehend anything, it was too late, all that was heard were the loud horns from the truck, and the girl was standing staring at the headlights, too shocked to do anything.

Luhan was running after the ball, but changed targets when he saw the girl. He ran and before the truck could touch her, he pulled her away. They ended up rolling on the grass, her, shocked, and in his arms, while he tried to get them to safety.

They, safe, were now just lying in the grass, him on the bottom, with an unconscious girl in his arms. He picked her up, bridal style, and took her to the school infirmary. The nurse said it wasn’t severe, and that she just fainted from shock, and she will be fine if she rests.

He planned on staying with her all afternoon, sitting on a stool that was beside the bed. The sun was shining in through the window and onto her face, unconsciously, the girl scrunched her face. Not wanting to disturb her sleep, he was about to stand in front of her face and block the sunlight, when she caught his hand and started mumbling –something about not leaving her alone–  in her sleep. While holding her hand, he stood in front of the sunlight.

“Soo Yeong, Soo Yeong!” a girl’s voice came from the door, and she ran up to them. Panicked, he hid their hands under the comforter. He recognized her as the one who was telling her friend not to go on the road.

“Hello, I am Krystal,” she bowed down, “Sorry for the trouble, if you want, you can go, I will stay with her,” he  looked at the clock, the school day was about to finish in the matter of an hour, and he told Krystal to go since he already missed most of his classes, she thanked him and left.

The sun wasn’t as strong anymore, but he still stood there, admiring her face, and repeating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter