Chapter 9

Awake ~ 1st Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 9

Jaejoong felt his head almost explode again when he woke up but it was the least of his concern. He remembered every damn thing that happened when the demon king took control of his body. Worse was, he saw images of things he couldn’t fathom. It was like seeing himself in a movie, where he killed everyone, including two angels that almost killed them. They’re not angel there though, they’re harmless human and the thought of killing innocent people made Jaejoong sick.

“Don’t you ing close your eyes on me, Jung!” Yoochun’s enraged voice snapped Jaejoong back to reality. They’re in some kind of cheap hotel bedroom with two twin beds. He turned left and saw Yoochun pushing Yunho’s chest on a bed next to his.

Jaejoong tried to get up and cursed when the pain hit him again, but then again, he didn’t care. He remembered how Yunho and Changmin were hurt by the angels. He could feel indescribable pain on his chest and shoulder, like it was him who was hurt.

“Yunho…” Jaejoong called the name as he crawled next to Yoochun and held Yunho’s limp hand. The sight killed him, Yunho was unconscious, so pale and he wouldn’t stop bleeding from his chest. The black blood soaked the towel Yoochun used to block the wound. Jaejoong didn’t even realize he was crying.

“I can’t stop the heaven light tearing him apart from inside,” Yoochun’s broken voice caught Jaejoong off guard,” I’m transferring him my energy to keep him alive but I can’t do this forever…”

“We promise to protect Jaejoong hyung! You can’t die before him! ” Junsu’s sobs echoed from the bathroom and Jaejoong rushed there. The sight broke his heart even more. Changmin was unconscious and leaning on the bedroom wall as Junsu did the same thing Yoochun did to Yunho; transferring his energy to keep him alive.

Few steps from his two younger brothers, a golden arrow drenched with Changmin’s blood on the floor mocked Jaejoong. He bent down and tried to touch it, only to have his finger burnt. He hated for being useless and let the demon king took advantage of his body from time to time. He hated he couldn’t do anything to help his friends.

You can save them…Make a deal with me…

Jaejoong froze as he heard the demon king’s voice echoed inside of his head.

I’ll lend you my power to heal their wound and even protect your precious friend from now on but you have to pay a price…

Wiping his tears, Jaejoong brave himself to ask what the price was.

The more you use my power, more control I have over you…

‘So you’re saying it fastens your awakening and lessens my time in this world?’ Jaejoong asked as he could hear the demon king laughed,’ …Deal.’ Jaejoong closed his eyes. He needed to do this, no matter what the price was.

A bubble of power began to spark inside of him and Jaejoong could feel it. It began to grow fast and spread to his whole body. All his senses were beyond normal; he could even hear someone talking few building away, smelled how strong the blood scent in the room, and he could see through the wall when he wanted it. It was sickening how fulfilling such power was, but Jaejoong needed them.

“Su, move,” Jaejoong said as Junsu protested but stopped when he saw Jaejoong’s eyes. It was pure black but it wasn’t the demon king, it’s still Jaejoong. Slowly pushing the still frozen Junsu, Jaejoong put his hand on Changmin’s wound. He whispered some spell until the wound closed up and transferred more than enough demonic energy to Changmin. Jaejoong got up and went to Yunho on the bed. He did the same and Yoochun was beyond surprise as Junsu.

“Hyung…Did you make a deal with the demon king?” Junsu asked after he put Changmin on the bed Jaejoong lied down before. Yunho and Changmin were still unconscious but they’d be fine.

“I did,” Jaejoong answered with his still black-eyes.

“What were you thinking?!” Yoochun shouted. Usually it would startle the hell of Jaejoong but he felt no such feeling this time. Jaejoong laughed softly at the irony, maybe the demon king really began to take control of him, but he knew he did what had to be done.

“Hyung?” Junsu called worriedly as Jaejoong smiled gently at him. He gestured for Yoochun and Junsu to come closer and gave him their hands. As they’re connected, Jaejoong transferred more demonic power to both of them. Both of them protested but couldn’t break the connection.

 “Jae…What are you doing?” Yunho’s voice startled both Yoochun and Junsu. They really didn’t expect Yunho to wake up and heal that fast.

“Hyung…I can feel this strong ticklish power inside of me,” Changmin spoke to as he slowly sat on the bed. Jaejoong didn’t answer until he let go of Yoochun’s and Junsu’s hand. For once, Jaejoong could finally help the people that dear to him. Closing his eyes as he wiped his happy tears, Jaejoong’s eyes returned to normal.

“You’ll fight equally with archangel now,” Jaejoong explained,” A simple cut from their blade and arrow won’t kill any of you anymore but we still can’t underestimate them.”

“Hyung, why are you doing this?” Junsu asked; they knew Jaejoong was borrowing the demon king power and they knew the price. Jaejoong took a moment before answering as he made sure the demon king was asleep inside of him.

“I’m not going to let anyone die because of me anymore,” Jaejoong answered,” Besides, we also need to stay alive and not letting any angel kill us until we find the Hell Gate.”

The rest couldn’t argue as they knew it was the fact. But still, they were afraid to lose Jaejoong again. They knew Jaejoong chose a dangerous choice even though he knew the consequences. Jaejoong had to make a deal with the demon king because they’re not strong enough.

“I’m sorry,” Yunho said it first,” It is my job to protect you but I was too weak and I was the one being protected instead.”
“Seriously, Yunho,” Jaejoong frowned,” When will you stop acting like every time it’s your fault that I get hurt? I’m not your wife, you know…”

“WI---WIFE?!—But I’m not a royal blo---!” Yunho smacked himself on his cheek,” Umm…Jae, you’re…not a woman. You can’t call yourself as ‘wife’.”

Yunho’s response was too hilarious as Jaejoong ended up rolling on the floor again, laughing. Changmin scoffed as he tried to hide his laughing. Yoochun coughed softly and kept his cool. Junsu was grinning evilly.

“So, Yunho hyung, you’re saying you’ll take Jaejoong hyung as your wife if he’s a woman and you’re a royal blood? What a bold way to flirt,” Junsu’s remark caught Yunho off guard as he blushed.

“Use your delusion and make me invincible, Yoochun ah…” Yunho begged as he hid his embarrassed face behind his knees. He always thought Jaejoong the most precious person in his life, but not like that. It was more like childhood friend love.

“I think I can make you even disappear into a black hole with my new power now, hyung,” Yoochun smirked,” Do you want me to?”

“Yaaa! Stop teasing me! Help me Changmin ah,” Yunho pleaded.

“But I get no food from helping you hyung. I prefer to entertain Jaejoong hyung’s because he cooks well,” Changmin spoke as he looked at Jaejoong, who still couldn’t stop laughing and even on tears because too much laughing.

“…Stop…Please, don’t do this---I can’t breathe,” Jaejoong finally spoke as he got up and sat next to Yunho,” I’m sorry, Yunnie…I didn’t expect it to be like this, I was just joking.”

“It’s okay, Jae---Wait, what did you just call me?” Yunho asked as the rest gasped.

“I called you…” Jaejoong froze,”Yunnie instead of Yunho…I have no idea why I did that.”

“Hyung always call Yunho hyung like that in the past,” Changmin said like it was the most obvious fact. Jaejoong looked at the other and they nodded.

“Hyung, do you remember anything?” Junsu asked.

“Just saw flash of horrible images when the demon king possessed me before,” Jaejoong answered.

“Hyung, just remember it wasn’t you who did those horrible things,” Junsu said as Jaejoong nodded. He pulled all of them into a group hug and muttered how thankful he was to have them.

“I think we should get going, we can’t stay at the same place for too long since archangels targeting us now,” Yoochun finally said as he got up,” We’ll take the roof way to Yunho’s place, gather the clue and get to somewhere safe where archangels can’t track us.”

“But isn’t roof way too risky?” Jaejoong asked.

“Not anymore, I can make us completely invincible for a while now, even angel radar won’t find us,” Yoochun smirked.


----------------------------- 
P.S. I kind of upgraded their demonic power, even Jae can fight now (with a heavy price though) so I can write more deadly battle up ahead LOL Anyway, the next one is supposed to be the last chapter of the 1st act...Just saying...I can't wait to write the 2nd arc, the idea is almost bursting out from my mind XD