Chapter 4

Awake ~ 1st Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 4

 “What the hell happened?” Yunho asked Changmin when he saw Yoochun laying on the bed with his eyes closed and a lot of bandages on his stomach and legs. He could somehow smell they’re reek of blood even though there’s no blood stain on the fabric.

“Chunnie!” Jaejoong didn’t care there’re two unknown men in the room. He felt his heart almost stopped when he saw Yoochun like that. He and Junsu rushed next to Yoochun, they held his hands tightly.

“He’s in deep sleep, let him heal,” Changmin finally said.

“Are you mad? Why didn’t you take him to hospital?” Jaejoong asked as his voice cracked. He didn’t realize he was crying; he had enough. He just wanted everything returned to normal; he wanted his boring day being Yoochun’s and Junsu’s wife back. He didn’t even realize when suddenly Yunho was right next to him, wiping his tears gently. He swore he thought the man teleported next to him, but he was too occupied worrying about Yoochun.

“Hyung,” Junsu suddenly spoke up before anyone else could,” Can you stay with Yoochun? I need to talk to Yunho hyung and Changmin. I know you have a lot of question. We’ll talk later, okay? Just stay with Yoochun for now…please…”

“…Okay,” Jaejoong sighed as he curled up next to his sleeping best friend. He was actually dead tired too; it had been a total rough night for him. He dozed off almost immediately as his hand still connected to Yoochun. Then, Junsu, Yunho and Changmin left the room.

“What’s wrong with Jaejoong?” Yunho couldn’t wait any longer when they’re out of the room.

“He doesn’t remember obviously, hyung,” Changmin answered instead of Junsu.

“Yes, hyung doesn’t remember anything before five years ago,” Junsu finally said as they sat on living room couch, this would be a long discussion for sure,” When I and Yoochun found him, he was a blank shell. He couldn’t even speak until we taught him to. He leant fast and eventually could live like a normal person; I don’t think he remembers much about his first few months after awaking.”

“So he really doesn’t remember…That’s why he didn’t know who I was,” Yunho sighed as he rested his back on the couch.

“Judging from his reaction, I expect Jaejoong hyung doesn’t know anything about his power and the curse with it?” Changmin asked, making sure.

“Yes, he thinks he’s normal human living with amnesia,” Junsu declared,” He has no idea he is the cursed demon king and will bring the end of the world.”

The three of them went silent.

One of them felt the guilt almost ate him alive, he knew this from the start but it was damn hard. Half of him wanted to not give up and searched for any other way to end this, but the other half just wanted to end everything before it turned completely hopeless. Changmin closed his eyes; he knew he couldn’t be like this. He had made up his mind.

“I think the demon starting to take over,” Junsu broke the silence as both Yunho and Changmin tensed up,” Hyung was having an episode and Yoochun found him before he fell unconscious. Then a Cerberus attacked us. I fled with unconscious Jaejoong hyung, thank to Yoochun. Then, Jaejoong hyung woke up and he was still him, but then I fell asleep and woke up finding him had disappeared. I panicked and followed hyung by his smell. I ended up at the place I met him and you, Yunho hyung.”

“…I almost couldn’t believe myself when I saw Jaejoong,” Yunho spoke,” I mean, I called him once but he ignored me and entered an abandoned alley. I knew a starving chimera was following him. I thought he could finish it in one blow with his power but I was wrong.  Thanks God I followed him or he would be food to a starving chimera.”

Changmin didn’t say anything. He just stared at the air. Yunho and Junsu realized how silent the youngest one had become, but they decided to wait. There’re times Changmin would stayed silent before he spoke him mind; they got used to it.

“I noticed an unknown cursed creature nearby and decided to check it out. A burning building and badly hurt Yoochun hyung were what I found. I did my best to heal him but as you can see, his wound is bad enough. He managed to say this address before completely fell asleep. The rest…you know it,” Changmin finished.

“So I guess fate really brings us together again when it’s time,” Yunho sighed,” I and Changmin purposely went separate way from you and Yoochun to avoid meeting each other. We’re trying to avoid the prophecy that the four servants of demon king will reunite once again when the time of demon king’s awaking comes.”

“Guess, we failed miserably,” Junsu smiled in defeat,” I and Yoochun haven’t found any clue how to save Jaejoong hyung from turning completely into demon king.”

“Me neither,” Changmin hated to lied. He had, it was killing Jaejoong before he turned evil.

“I…I might find some clue,” suddenly Yunho spoke,” But I’m not sure where to start…”

Junsu and Changmin couldn’t believe their ears. They’re about to ask more but stopped when they saw the horror on Yunho’s face. Yunho sat on the opposite direction of Changmin and Junsu. He was facing the bedroom door and he could see Jaejoong stood there with a smile on his face. His eyes went pitch black and his front hair had turned slightly blue. 

Before Junsu and Changmin could turn around, they and Yunho were thrown across the room. Yunho vanished before he hit the kitchen counter. He reappeared in front of Jaejoong and used his sword to attack but it was futile. Mere servant wouldn’t beat its master. Yunho fell down on the floor and the three of them couldn’t even get up. Jaejoong laughed at their useless struggle.

“Fools,” Jaejoong spoke in hoarse voice,” You think I’ll fall for the same trap twice? You sealed me once and I won’t let the same thing happen again.”

“Jaejoong hyung! You can’t let it take control!” Junsu called desperately as he felt he was crushed down on the floor.
“Damn it, hyung! Wake up!” Changmin cursed as he threw his venomous dagger, which was easily avoided.

“Or what?” Jaejoong walked slowly mocking them, they’re basically bowing to him on the ground,” What will you send this time? Let’s see…You used a Cerberus before…Then a Chimera…Should I expecting Hydra now?”

Yunho and Junsu couldn’t believe what they heard. The demon was saying Changmin was the one who wanted to hurt or kill Jaejoong. Changmin was the one hurt Yoochun. The demon had to be playing with them; it wanted to make them turned to each other.

“You don’t believe me?’ Jaejoong titled his eyes cockily as he bent down in front of Changmin. He pulled Changmin’s chin up as he stared at the eyes. Yunho and Junsu didn’t know what happened as they heard the youngest screamed in pain. They begged Jaejoong to stop but he didn’t. It felt like forever until Changmin’s cries eventually died out and he was sobbing badly.

“I did it…I sent those monsters to…kill Jaejoong hyung...” Changmin cried,” I know his awakening is near…I can sense it…God please…I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt him or Yoochun hyung….or Yunho hyung…I just…I just want it to stop please…”

“See?” Jaejoong turned to Yunho and Junsu as he scoffed. He let go of the youngest one as Changmin buried his face on the ground, too ashamed to look up. Jaejoong walked around a bit more as he was in a deep thought. Then a brilliant idea popped up in his mind.

“All of you betrayed your own master and sealed me away for centuries. It is so wrong and every mistake has its own punishment,” Jaejoong laughed,” Since my cute little Snake Demon is already too ashamed on his action trying to kill me again, it’s my beloved Hellhound’s and Malphas’s time.”

Yunho and Junsu flinched when they heard they’re called. They’re the demon king’s servant and they knew they couldn’t say no. No matter how ridiculous and bad the order was, they had to do it. It was their cursed.

“Kill each other!” Jaejoong said as he clapped his hand once.

“JAEJOONG AH!” Yunho called desperately.

“Hyung, please don’t do this,” Junsu was crying. He didn’t want it to end like this. He didn’t want to lose his older brother in the madness again.

” I said, you should fight to death… Are you deaf?” Jaejoong asked in cold voice. Yunho and Junsu could feel their body started to feel light. Without they’re realizing it, they’re attacking each other. It was like their inner demon took control.

“Hyung please…stop,” Changmin tried to get up but he failed miserably as Jaejoong sat on his back. He stared at the youngest one in sick twisted way. Changmin was so afraid of the unbearable pain he experienceed before would return but he decided he didn’t care this time. He needed to make Jaejoong stopped. He needed to stop Junsu and Yunho from killing each other.

“Let’s enjoy the show, shall we?’ Jaejoong smiled wickedly at Changmin.

 

 

-------------------------------
P.S. To clear things, I mentioned what the five of them are. They're all demons taking shape in human. In case you missed it, here’s some explanation. Comments are love XD 

Jaejoong Yoochun Junsu Changmin Yunho
Demon King Demonic Owl Hellhound (Hell Dog) Snake Demon Malphas (Crow Demon)