Chapter 8

Awake ~ 1st Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 8

“,” Yoochun cursed when he realized someone broke his delusion.

It was too late though, their car was flying on the air, rotating to the right side of the road. Yoochun knew the first hit would hit Jaejoong and Yunho as they sat on the rightest seat. He couldn’t pull Jaejoong away because there’s Junsu between them. So he did what the only thing he could do, using his wind, he flipped the car again until it landed on left side; his side.

Yoochun could feel his left shoulder dislocated and he thought his left arm and leg bones broke. He might be immortal by human scale but that didn’t mean he couldn’t get hurt when a car flipped over him. As the car stopped rolling, Yoochun tried to open his eyes. He was so worried for Changmin, because he sat on the left side too. Luckily, Yunho managed to protect the younger one.

“Chunnie! Hang in there!”

Yoochun didn’t know how many seconds or minutes had passed when he heard Junsu’s voice. He felt he was dragged out from the car. He could see fire started to spark over his dream car. Yoochun knew he was silly to cry over a car when something or someone just flipped it and they’re in danger.

“You’ll pay for this…”

It was Jaejoong’s voice, but Yoochun knew it wasn’t Jaejoong. It was the demon king and he was beyond pissed to be woken up from his sleep. That’s when a bright light blinded him. Yoochun used his right arm to cover his eyes as he looked at the light. It took him few seconds to realize what it was.

It was a freaking angel and not your normal cupid or novice one. It was the archangel that almost exterminated them in the past. Yoochun’s heart winced in indescribable pain, even more than his psychical wound.

“…” Yoochun cursed as he said the name of the archangel,” Yoohwan…”

“Hyung, go help Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung,” Changmin, who rushed to tend Yoochun’s wound, spoke to Junsu, who’s reluctant to leave Yoochun. But Yoochun gave a nod; he would join after Changmin fixed his bone, again. Without any choice, Junsu got up and stood on the right side of Jaejoong. Yunho was already on his left side and they’re ready to fight for their life.

“Well, well, look at this; you demons have gathered up,” Yoohwan spoke with his all mighty voice,” It will save my time than to search for all of you one by one. “

“Leave and I won’t let you perish, Yoohwan,” Jaejoong said in commanding voice as he glanced at Yoochun. He could see visible pain on his favorite servant’s eyes. He might be demon king but it didn’t mean he couldn’t have compassion for his favorite one. It pissed him off more when the angel just laughed.

“Don’t you dare to order me, despicable demons,” the archangel spoke as he vanished. It took Yunho and Junsu few seconds to register Yoohwan was already in front of Jaejoong. The demon king wasn’t weaker than the archangel as he managed to avoid endless attack of the archangel’s sword.

Yoohwan smiled as he launched another attack with his wings feathers. Yunho and Junsu blocked it for Jaejoong. Yoohwan flew back but Yunho wouldn’t let any chance slipped. He flew chasing the archangel as he let his sword grew so long and tried to pierce the archangel. Yoohwan avoided it easily as he launched another feather attack, Yunho immediately teleported but few hit him.

“I told you to finish them in one blow,” another all mighty voice echoed.

Junsu immediately turned back and was ready to protect Jaejoong, even though it was the demon king now. He knew they needed to work with the demon king now because they wanted the same thing; to protect Jaejoong. In few seconds, another archangel came down from the sky and to his horror, Junsu knew him. At least he knew him in his previous life.

“Junho…” Junsu called the name he thought he would never call again.

“…You know I can’t make void forever,” Junho said to Yoohwan, of course ignoring Junsu as there’s no way the new archangel remembered him.

Angel fought on earth using their power; void. It was like creating their own dimension so they wouldn’t hurt their beloved God’s human. Any destruction happened there wouldn’t affect the real world, but it wasn’t like they could use it forever. Even only strongest archangel could use such power. Junho was new archangel but he already became the highest command of all archangels and creating void was like snapping his finger.

“This’s seriously a joke, isn’t this?” Yoochun tried to get up, despite his wound. He was almost fully healed but Changmin still protested. He ignored the youngest one and stood next to Jaejoong.

“Junsu and Changmin, take care of the new one. Yunho and Yoochun, take care of him,” Jaejoong pointed at Yoohwan. His servants couldn’t fight his order, the demon king knew. He even knew pairing Junsu to fight Junho and Yoochun to fight Yoohwan could cause havoc. Both of his servants used to call them ‘brother’ in their previous life after all, before he killed them all.

The demon king smiled at his brilliant idea; he thought he had enough fun before with his servants. Yet, this could be more entertaining. At least, it was true he needed them to fight the archangels, so he could cast spell to let them out from this so-called void. He needed time and his servants would buy it for him.

“I see you’re selfish as ever,” Junho said as his feet touched the ground and his oversized wings shone brightly.  Jaejoong ignored it as he closed his eyes and began to chant his spell. Junho could feel the spell began to crack his void, he wouldn’t let it happen.

Junho used his heavenly bow and shot arrows to Jaejoong, but they were blocked by Junsu and Changmin. Yoohwan marched forward with his sword and faced Yunho; Yoochun blocked the feather’s attack with his wind. The fight cause definite destruction around them but it didn’t touch Jaejoong. He kept casting his spell.

The demon king knew he had used too much power that day, he didn’t want to waste more to fight archangel. He could kill them by snapping his finger but it would take too much power and his full awakening would be postponed. No, the demon king had waited long enough.

Yunho felt he was wining with the sword fight, especially when Yoochun was backing him up. He managed to grace the heavenly creature few times already. Yet, he couldn’t dismiss the hurt in Yoochun’s face every time he did. He felt so guilty for hurting someone used to be so dear to Yoochun. He hated it, hated it enough to lose his focus for a second and the archangel’s blade barely graced his chest.

“Yunho hyung!” Yoochun panicked as he used his whole power to push the archangel few meters away from them. Yunho fell on the ground as he struggled to breathe. Graced by archangel’s blade was deathly for demon, it would like letting the heaven light entered his body from the wound. Demon was dark creature, heaven light would kill him.

“One more to go,” Yoohwan smiled as he marched to Yoochun. The demonic owl managed to avoid it as he pulled Yunho back. Yoochun put Yunho next to Jaejoong before he marched forward, facing Yoohwan. He knew he might get hurt like Yunho or possibly die but he couldn’t stop. He needed to make time for the demon king to cast the spell. So he fought using all his power, praying he would make it out alive and Yunho would hang in there.

Meanwhile, Junsu was jumping around avoiding Junho’s arrows. He knew being cut by heavenly arrow was as bad as heaven’s blade. Changmin’s dagger helped him avoiding the arrows, but he couldn’t land any attack on the archangel. Not that he didn’t want to, he was just not strong enough. Well, maybe he didn’t want to but the demon king’s order was absolute.

“Hyung, get down!” Changmin shouted as he threw three poisonous daggers toward the archangel. One of it graced Junho’s cheek and it pissed the archangel. Junho threw one of his gold arrows toward Changmin as Junsu tried to kick it away. Yet, before he could touch it, Junsu was thrown away by the arrow power.

The golden arrow was protected so no demon could touch it. Changmin realized it too late as he already threw his dagger, hoping it would stop the golden arrow and it didn’t. Changmin got down avoiding the arrow but it hit him on his shoulder. Indescribable pain hit him as he felt heaven light entered him. Changmin screamed in agony.

“Damn it,” Junsu kicked a car toward Junho to buy some time as he got Changmin up on his lap. The youngest one tried to heal his own wound but it was futile. Junsu was so shaken up until he didn’t realize Junho already stood in front of him. Junsu knew the archangel already pointing another golden arrow on his head.

“Don’t you dare to kill my servant,” Jaejoong’s voice echoed as a massive air pressure threw Junho and Yoohwan off the ground, until both of the archangel hit nearby building. Jaejoong laughed as he finished his spell casting. The sky, building, ground, and all of their surrounding began to crack and shattered into shards of broken glass. The void was broken and the archangel had vanished. No way they stayed on earth without a void. They probably returned to heaven to report their failure.

“Hyung!” Junsu shouted when Jaejoong’s limp body fell on the ground. Few cars honked on them as they’re still standing in the middle of street but they didn’t care. Yoochun and Junsu needed to do something. Jaejoong was unconscious; Yunho and Changmin were struggling to fight their heavenly wound. 

 

-----------------------------
P.S. Credit to userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=126.4creedee for the angel idea, it's supposed to be demons too...And my MUSE told me to make it into Junho and Yoohwan instead of some make-up character to add more feels...So how's it? Kekeke~