Chapter 7

Awake ~ 1st Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 7

“Is your stomach really bottomless?” Yoochun frowned as he saw Changmin ate his 15th portion. The youngest one glared at Yoochun as he continued to munch his food.

“It’s okay, let him eat. I just hope I made enough,” Jaejoong smiled. He had made some stew and grilled meat using every ingredient he could find in the kitchen. He was thankful for Yoochun to let him use them all because somehow Yoochun predicted it might not enough for Changmin. Jaejoong remembered he almost didn’t believe Yoochun but now he knew, it was right to follow his advisor’s advice, not that Jaejoong remembered about the past yet. He still preferred to think Yoochun as his best friend.

“I’m so full and I think I can’t move,” Junsu finished his meal; Jaejoong specially made him some chicken soup because he wanted to let Junsu swallowed his food easier. Junsu didn’t really need to be treated as sick person, he almost fully healed, but he enjoyed the idea of annoying Changmin. He knew the younger one had strained himself to steal his chicken soup in front of Jaejoong.

“I can’t remember the last time I ate decent food, thank you Jaejoong ah,” Yunho made a circle on his well-feed stomach. His happiness was instantly disturbed though.

“Hyung probably eats instant food like ramen or things like that all this year, right?” Junsu’s witty remark caught Yunho off guard as he half-smiled.

“WHAT?!” Jaejoong said almost screaming,” You! Jung Yunho, from now on you have to share at least one meal with me every day. I’ll feed you properly and make up for every lack of nutrient all those centuries!”

“But Jae, I don’t really need to eat healthy food, I’m already almost an immortal bei---“

“No buts, that’s an order,” Jaejoong finished as Yunho couldn’t fight back. Junsu let out a soft chuckle as Yunho sighed. He didn’t realize he walked right to the trap.

“I’m DONE! Let’s talk now,” Changmin declared as he wiped clean the last plate. They’re sitting at the living room, on the floor, because things were just smashed beyond repair to be sat on. Jaejoong was beyond relief when he found out this was just a safe house, not really Yoochun’s parents’ house.

 “Okay, so I’ve been searching for the origin of demon king and it goes beyond written history,” Yunho started,” I even went to Egypt and other place searching more about it. Long story short, I found out that the demon king was originally from hell then he escaped to human world to end it. He was angry because he was imprisoned by God and he sought revenge to destroy God’s greatest creation, our Earth.”

“That’s some serious ed up story,” Changmin said without thinking as the rest of them stared at him,” I’m just saying my opinion, please go on, Yunho hyung.”

“The demon king needs to possess human in order to carry own his purpose. He will protect his host in any cost and change to another one if the host is killed; most of the time is to the one who kills his host. The demon king is almost as powerful as God itself and that’s why he managed to break out from our underground prison. As you can see, he’s gathering his power now as he’s asleep in Jaejoong’s body, waiting the time to take over,” Yunho continued.

“Wait, does that mean he can hear and see whatever I do?” Jaejoong was worried.

“No, he can’t. Like I said he is asleep. He can only sense danger to his host and that’s when he’s mostly active,” Yunho saw relief in Jaejoong’s face and he continued,” So here’s my plan. We need to find Hell Gate. Then, it will to separate the demon king and you, Jaejoong, automatically. The demon king is bound to be into his own realm. He will surely struggle to stay on Earth and that’s when the curse God put works.”

“What curse?” Junsu asked.

“God knew someday the demon king could escape to human world. He made sure he got another backup plan. There’s a hidden deathly curse on the Hell Gate and it will destroy the demon king for sure once he is separated from his host and try to stay on Earth without a host,” Yunho ended his long explanation.

“So we just need to find Hell Gate?” Changmin made sure as Yunho nodded.

“The only problem is I haven’t managed to find it even though I have the clues,” Yunho said,” I left them in my place.”

“We should head there then,” Junsu suggested,” Where’s it?”

“On another side of the city, few blocks away from your burnt apartment,” Yunho answered,” It takes fifteen minutes if we use the roof route, but I think it’s better if we stay out of any unwanted attention and use my car instead. It will take almost an hour by car though.”

“Agree. We have no idea what sort of things out there as the demon king’s awaking is drawing near,” Yoochun said almost immediately,” I can use my power to make use undetectable.”

“Wait, Chunnie, you can make things invincible?” Jaejoong asked.

“Not really, people will hit our car if we’re really invincible. It just will make no one or thing pays attention to us. They know we’re there but can’t really do anything about it,” Yoochun was afraid Jaejoong would get confuse but he didn’t; they sometime really got what each other thought of.

“Okay, we should get ready,” Jaejoong said as all of them got up and took their stuff. There wasn’t much to bring though. As they got out from the house, Junsu immediately tried to smell out any dangerous thing around them; he found none so far. So they walked across the street and followed Yunho toward a parking space. There’s only one car there; it’s Yunho’s.

There’s this long antique black car, which Jaejoong swore he saw in some kind of western series he watched before. More ironically was, he remembered it was some kind of supernatural series and it kind of fit to their situation. He also remembered things always went ed up on the series almost every time. He couldn’t help it as he was dying of boredom because his younger brother and best friend used to imprison him in his apartment, thanks to his supposed-to-be-amnesia.

“Is that 1967 Chevy Impala?!” Yoochun’s excited voice sent all of them literally jumped on the hard asphalt,” Oh my God, It’s freaking Dean Winchester’s car! My favorite one in Supernatural series!!!”

Ah, Jaejoong now remembered. The show was called Supernatural and the reason he watched it was because Yoochun stocked a pile of DVD of it in their shared-apartment. Dean was one of the main character’s names and he had the same car Yunho had. The car was cool and Jaejoong kind of liked it too, he just couldn’t take over-excited Yoochun once the car made its appearance on scene.

“What did you do to Yoochun hyung? Where is he?” Changmin frowned; he never knew the overly-calm-Yoochun could be like this. Guess, long life really changed someone.

“Chunnie, calm down and let get inside, okay? Remember we need to get to Yunho hyung’s place. Be a good boy and ride your favorite car quietly, okay?” Junsu spoke as he patted Yoochun’s back and pulled him into the car. They took the back seat as Jaejoong laughed softly and followed. Changmin was shaking his head as he sat on the front, next to Yunho. Yunho…Well, he was beyond words seeing Yoochun like that. The guy used to be his role model on controlling his emotion but he was also happy knowing that Yoochun had this side of him.

“Seriously, stop grinning, hyung,” Changmin said as he glanced a look at the back mirror. Yoochun ignored it as he squealed like a fan girl over the seat. Jaejoong lost it, he laughed and so was Junsu. Even Yunho did too, only Changmin kept frowning and kept his cool.

“I bought this car because I think it’s simply unique and cool,” Yunho commented,” But now I’m not regretting is because I can see you like this, Yoochun ah…”

“Sell the car to me, hyung. I have enough saving, please?” Yoochun begged,” I promise I’ll take care of this beautiful baby well.”

“I…I’ll think about it,” Yunho answered. He loved his car but he knew Yoochun might need it more than him. He could find another good one.

“So, Yoochun will be busy admiring every inch of this car and Yunho will be driving,” Jaejoong said,” Umm, can I ask questions to my two adorable brothers to kill the time?”

“Sure,” Junsu smiled and Changmin gave a  light nod.

“Umm, how am I in the past?” Jaejoong asked,” I can’t help but to be curious about it.”

“Pretty much like hyung now,” Changmin answered,” Hyung’s cooks are always beyond awesome. As a prince, hyung is very kind and care about the people, not like some prince who likes to tease people---“

“Yaaa, I only tease people to show how much I love them,” Junsu defended as he continued Changmin’s answer,” Hyung is a good person, in the past and even now. Hyung shouldn’t worry too much about it.”

Jaejoong blushed slightly at the compliment. He never thought himself like that. Listening to both of his brother made him happy. Before he could mutter his ‘thank you’, their car was flipped over by an unknown strong force and everything went black.

 

----------------------------------------
P.S. You see, I watch lot of western series, like Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Grimm, Hannibal, Sherlock, Elementary, Flash, Arrow, Walking Dead and others...So you can see where my inspiration comes from XD kekeke~