Chapter 1

Awake ~ 1st Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 1

Walking through the street, the strange feeling that had been bothering Junsu from the morning hadn’t disappeared. He didn’t know what and why but he decided to ignore it. Yoochun was on shift to watch Jaejoong today after all. Nothing should go wrong.

They actually never left Jaejoong alone; one of them always stayed hidden near their apartment and followed Jaejoong whenever he went. He knew it was wrong to act like that to his own brother but he wouldn’t take any risk this time. No way would he make the same mistake again.

“I’m sorry,” a woman bumped to him. Junsu looked at the woman before he smiled and apologized back. She was human, she wasn’t a threat, Junsu sighed in relief. He swore he would go mad these days if he kept being this paranoid.

It had been few hours since he left the apartment. He had gone to the newest public library but he couldn’t get any clue of the things he searched. Well, it wasn’t surprising, considering they never found a clue for centuries. Yet, Junsu wouldn’t ever give up, he knew the way was somewhere out there; they just needed to search harder.

Junsu realized they’re almost out of money. Then, he spotted a bank across the street; it was perfect. Waiting until the traffic light turned red, Junsu crossed the road and got into the bank. His eyes scanned the employee like a wolf looking for prey. He got one, it was an old lady and he knew it would be easy.

“I want to take money from my account,” Junsu spoke as the old lady looked at him, his eyes precisely. It flashed black for a second and Junsu waited. The old lady nodded as she went back to the office and gave an envelope to Junsu. Junsu smiled and thanked her.

Before anyone realized they had missed their money, Junsu got out from the bank. Well, he wasn’t actually stealing. Okay, it might count to be stealing but he made sure he the money out from one of the dirty politicians or some super rich person so no one would even care if they missed few thousands. He had been doing this for years and it was the safest route to survive without a job. It’s not like Junsu didn’t have anything to do. He had one mission in his life and it was all that matters. It’s proofed to be quite a hard one since he still couldn’t find any damn clue until now.

The sky suddenly poured down heavily, Junsu cursed silently as he forgot to bright his umbrella. Not that he might get sick but Junsu hated getting wet. He was about to enter a café when his phone rang. It was Yoochun, he immediately knew something was wrong. They never called each other if they’re watching Jaejoong except something happened.

“It’s happening,” Yoochun said as Junsu’s heart almost stopped.

“Please tell me he’s still Jaejoong hyung,” Junsu couldn’t even recognize his own trembling voice.

“He was Jaejoong when I found him and then he fainted,” Yoochun spoke,” I need you here; I don’t know of he will still be Jaejoong once he wakes up.”

It was enough for Junsu to run through the heavy rain. He didn’t care if he’s getting wet or anything else. He needed to get home and made sure he still got his older brother. He wouldn’t let anyone or anything took his brother this time.

Cursing at the green light, Junsu turned into an empty alley as he jumped up to one of the outdoor fire stairs. It was two-storey high but it wasn’t a problem to him. He skipped the next stairs like they’re nothing until he reached the rooftop. Running through the roof would save a lot of time. It was right; it only took five minutes to get back their apartment but it felt like forever for Junsu. He jumped into the balcony as the door opened. Yoochun’s worried face greeted him.

“He’s still unconscious,” Yoochun said as he pulled Junsu inside and dried him with a towel he had prepared before.Junsu wanted to rush to Jaejoong’s room but Yoochun wouldn’t let him; telling him to calm down.

“Junsu,” Yoochun said in his soft voice, “What will Jaejoong think if he sees you drenching wet like this once he wakes up?”

Junsu didn’t answer. All he could do was let Yoochun dry him up and prayed so hard it would still be his brother once he woke up. Junsu thanked Yoochun after they’re done and he changed his cloth before got inside Jaejoong’s room.

Jaejoong was sleeping peacefully on his bed, all of this almost felt like a dream. Slowly, Junsu pulled his brother’s hand and entwined their fingers. It reminded him of his childhood, when Jaejoong would hold his hand like this when it’s raining. Junsu used to be dead scared of lightning until he was ten years old. He used to be a crybaby younger brother and Jaejoong would be his strong protective older brother.

“Drink this,” Yoochun got inside the room as he gave warm milk to Junsu, who took it gratefully. He drank the content as he still staring at Jaejoong. Yoochun pulled Junsu closer as he hugged Junsu from behind.

“We will do it right this time,” Yoochun’s voice was almost like a whisper. Junsu knew Yoochun was trying to convince him and himself. They stayed like there for few minutes until Yoochun decided to get some warm milk for himself. It’s getting a bit chilly because of the rain. He got out from Jaejoong’s room and headed for the kitchen.

As he passed the living room, Yoochun felt hot all of the sudden. He glanced at the balcony window and realized the rain had stopped and the sky was mocking him with its new color. It was red burning. Yoochun cursed when the balcony door was smashed into pieces and a big inhuman creature stormed inside.

“Junsu, get Jaejoong out of here!” Yoochun managed to shout before he was thrown away into the kitchen counter. He could feel burnt pain on his chest that made contact with the creature’s tail. Grinning in pain, Yoochun got up as he looked at the creature, which was looking around, searching for something.

“Yoochun!” Junsu was beyond words when he saw the creature that had invaded their living room. It was big, on fire, three meters high with four legs, three heads, and a long deathly tail. It was freaking Cerberus. Junsu couldn’t fight Cerberus; it would end up like a joke, like a child fighting an adult.

“Didn’t you hear what I said?!” Yoochun got in front of Junsu in a heartbeat, making himself a shield between the creature and Jaejoong’s room,” Get Jaejoong out of here!”

“I can’t leave you alone fighting th---“

“Stop arguing! Don’t you want to save your brother this time?!” Yoochun shouted as he used his power to push the roaring creature back to the kitchen counter where he landed before. It was like a tornado just stormed their living room.

“But---“

“I won’t die,” Yoochun said in soft voice as he smiled to Junsu,” Get somewhere safe with Jaejoong, I’ll find you once I kill this beast.”

Junsu didn’t want to leave Yoochun but he would only be a hindrance if he stayed here too. He also needed to make sure the beast didn’t get his brother. Junsu turned back as he got unconscious Jaejoong on his back. He jumped out from Jaejoong’s room window to the next building. He ran and jumped as fast as he could, roof from roof, without looking back.

Tears began to wet Junsu’s cheek as he ran away. He really didn’t want to leave Yoochun. Yoochun was the one who was there for him when he lost his brother. Yoochun was the one trusted him enough for not giving up. Yoochun was the only one still cared about his brother. Yoochun was everything to him and Jaejoong.

Once they’re far enough, Junsu couldn’t help but to glance back. Horror hit him when he saw the building they had called their home for the past five years was on fire and then collapsed into debris. Junsu screamed Yoochun’s name but nothing came out. All he knew was his knees hit the roof tiles and broke them as he cried. He knew he had to find somewhere safe and his brother was still unconscious but he couldn’t get up. He couldn’t bear the thought of losing Yoochun.

‘I won’t die’ Yoochun’s voice suddenly echoed inside Junsu. Wiping his tears, Junsu decided he would believe in Yoochun like he always did. They had gone through far worst things in the past and they were still here. Yoochun might get away from the blast. He might be okay and he had killed the beast. Junsu should do the only thing he could do now.

Getting up, Junsu decided to go to their safe house. He and Yoochun had promise to go to that place if they ever got separated. He checked on Jaejoong, who’s still unconscious. Then, he jumped again to another roof and another one. Better stay on high ground where he could use his sense best.

Unknowingly to Junsu, on his back, Jaejoong opened his eyes for few second as he looked at the debris of the burnt building. Smile carved on his lips before he lost his consciousness again.

Soon…My awakening will come soon enough…

-------------------------
P.S. It has been AGES since I FEEL THIS GOOD AND SATISFIED after writing a chapter...I know I'm bombarding with a LOT of mysteries and twist up there and IT FEELS GOOD XD Anyway, comments are love^^