Chapter 2

Awake ~ 1st Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 2

Jaejoong felt his head almost exploded when he opened his eyes. His body felt like it was run over by truck, not that he ever did nor did he wish he would in the future. Long story short, he felt like dying because of the unbearable pain inside of him.

Slowly, the pain lessened as he tried to open his eyes again. He felt the soft fabric around him as he realized he was on a bed. This wasn’t his room though. Sitting up, Jaejoong tried to remember anything he could. Then, he remembered the almost-feel-real dream he had of chains and underground prison. He swore he would throw up if his stomach wasn’t empty.

Getting out from the bed, he walked slowly to the bathroom and washed his face. He looked at the mirror and saw how pale he was. He was probably sick and that was why he had such nightmare. But where was he now? He had no idea. The sound of open door almost caused him to jump. He was ready to throw punch and kick if he was kidnapped but his younger brother’s worried face was the one greeted him.

“Junsu?” Jaejoong called,” You almost gave me heart attack!”

“Hyung!” Junsu stormed inside the bathroom as he hugged Jaejoong tightly. Jaejoong wondered what the hell happened when he was asleep. His eyes tried to search for Yoochun but he couldn’t find him. Yoochun usually always tailed Junsu whenever he went.

“Junsu ah, where are we? Where’s Yoochun?” Jaejoong asked.

“We’re in Yoochun’s parents’ house. Don’t worry they’re away in another country for now, so we can stay here for a while until we find new place,” Junsu explained,” Yoochun is sorting things with his parents and other stuff.”

“Okay…” Jaejoong was beyond confused,” We have our apartment so why we have to stay at Yoochun’s parents’ house? And I never know Yoochun’s parents are abroad.”

“Well…” Junsu took a deep breath,” Our apartment burnt down badly because some gas leak. I and Yoochun were lucky to get hyung out in time.”

Jaejoong frowned. Somehow he felt the uneasiness feelings again. He didn’t think Junsu was lying but it still felt everything wasn’t right. His headache went back before he could ask more. Junsu told him to lie down on the bed and sleep a bit more because he breathed some of the smoke from the fire until he lost consciousness. Jaejoong couldn’t really argue as the pain hit him again. At least, he didn’t feel like exploding when he’s asleep.

Junsu sighed in relief after Jaejoong fell asleep. It was still his older brother; at least he didn’t lose two of the most important person in his life at the same day. No, he didn’t lose Yoochun. He had to believe Yoochun was somewhere out there with his oversized forehead so Junsu could again for it. Tired and beat, Junsu didn’t realize he dozed off next to his brother.

-x-x-x-

Falling down as the mighty darkness engulfed him didn’t feel strange at all. He used to the darkness; it had become his friends for centuries. He knew things beyond normal and cursed. There was time he didn’t believe himself that he was alive, he felt like a puppet without any purpose. The only ones kept him sane were Junsu and Jaejoong. Yoochun decided to live his cursed life for them even though he knew someday the clock would stop moving.

Time was nothing for immortal damned creatures like them, but time was also everything. He and Junsu shared one purpose and time was limited for that, no matter how many century they had, it never felt enough for searching the only thing they wanted.

Fire sparked and Yoochun realized he wasn’t alone in that darkness. He opened his eyes and saw the beast he fought before, floating in front of him, torn apart. He remembered he had won but in great sacrifice. Yoochun couldn’t feel his feet. As he looked down, he could see his legs were out of place and a deathful teeth scar on his stomach drew his blood into the air. He was dying when he thought he was immortal, how ironic was that?

‘Goddammit, open your eyes!’ 

Yoochun heard a voice calling him desperately. He knew the voice, he longed for it, but he couldn’t remember who it was. It wasn’t Junsu or Jaejoong.

‘You’re cursed demonic owl for God’s sake! You can’t let a mere dog kill you!’

Yoochun wanted to fight back; he was fighting a freaking Cerberus, not a mere dog. It’s the king of hellhound; one reason Junsu couldn’t fight it. Without realizing it, his mind went back to the fight. Yoochun used the air around him to strain the Cerberus from catching up to Junsu and Jaejoong. He twisted the air and made another tornado to throw the Cerberus off the ground. The creature smashed the wall into another apartment unit. Taking his chance, Yoochun jumped toward the creature as he pierced his invincible wind blade into the creature’s heart.

The hell dog roared in pain as it threw Yoochun few feet away. Yoochun could feel the building structure trembled because of their fight, but he didn’t care. Marching forward, Yoochun used his arm to slash the air and made the impact to the hurt beast. He jumped right into one of the head and cut it off. He used his wind sword to half-cut another one. Yet, he lost his balance when the last head bit his legs, tearing it apart.

Yoochun screamed in pain but still, he wouldn’t give in. He used the chance to cut the second head fully. Only one left, Yoochun didn’t take any time to retreat as he charged forward. The last head avoided his attack and managed to bite him on his stomach. Yoochun cursed as he felt his sight blurred because of the pain. He used his last strength to cut the last head off. It fell down on top of his body on the trembling floor.

Fire exploded and started to devour the building. Yoochun knew he had to get away from that place fast or he would be a toast. Pushing the dead Cerberus off him, he crawled toward the broken balcony door. He needed to get out, he promised Junsu he wouldn’t die. He could feel fire started to catch up to him from behind, fast. Yoochun cursed as he pushed himself from the balcony by his wind. He fell and he could remember nothing after that. When he woke up, he was engulfed in this darkness.

‘Yoochun hyung!’

Yoochun awoke from his death dream as he choked blood on his throat. His legs felt burning with pain and his stomach, he couldn’t even describe it. He half wished he could return to his dark nightmare, at least he didn’t feel such pain there.

“Hang in there, I’m going to fix you,” Yoochun heard the voice again. He tried to look around, he was in somewhere wet and dark, but not total darkness like before. There’re these flickering light that sometime bothered his eyes to no end. He could smell something funny and he almost jumped when he saw a rat stared at him.

Yoochun realized he was in the sewer and someone was doing something at his wound. He looked down and couldn’t believe his eyes. For years, he had search for the person in front of him but he couldn’t find any trace. Now, that person reappeared in front of him, trying to stop him from bleeding to death.

“Why…you…” Yoochun tried to talk but failed miserably.

“I know you have a lot of question, save you strength,” that person muttered,” I’m using my full power to heal you but it’s going to take some time. You’re lucky to be alive…We’re not that immortal, you know…”

Yoochun couldn’t disagree. They’re immortal by human scale but by monster scale, they’re not. Only cursed creature could kill another one. Closing his eyes, Yoochun tried to concentrate his strength to heal. He could heal fast, but his wound was too deathly. That’s why Yoochun was so thankful to the person next to him; his healing skill was beyond miracle. Yoochun was sure now he would survive now and could keep his promise to Junsu.

“Thank you…” Yoochun said before he lost his consciousness again,” Changmin ah…”

Changmin gave a weak smile as he continued healing Yoochun’s wound. The bleeding had stopped, what left was he needed to close the wound and assembled the bones and flesh. He could feel his sight blurred a little, but he needed to finish this.

This was the result of his doing after all. Yes, Changmin sent the Cerberus, but not to hurt Yoochun. He manipulated the beast to work under his spell to kill Jaejoong. He didn’t have any idea Yoochun and Junsu were there. He thought Jaejoong was alone.

Changmin didn’t want to kill Jaejoong obviously; he had to kill him before he turned into something else. He promised himself, he would never let Jaejoong turned like the last time. He alone searched for a way to save Jaejoong too, like Yoochun and Junsu, but he found none. He reached one conclusion, it was killing Jaejoong.

Changmin was ready to pay for the price but not like this. Everything went wrong and now he needed to figure out how he would carry on his plan with Yoochun and Junsu around Jaejoong. Or even if he still wanted to carry it on. Shaking his head, Changmin told himself to concentrate saving Yoochun for now. He would worry and solve the rest of the problem later. He knew he would.