009; Soojung

011018; Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung

 

This time, I didn’t volunteer for the role for the play. I did not feel like performing for this one so instead, I chose to do the costumes. I had to reject the offer from my director for Juliet’s role, I really don’t think I will be able to act in character if I have to act as Juliet. So it is for the better and I’m glad many of them volunteered for this while I sat on one of the seats facing the stage as I watch them auditioning for the roles.

 

I would look at the script that I’ve practically memorized during the weekend, sometimes I’d stare off somewhere. After the auditions, they had to practice the first few pages of the play.

 

So again, I had to look at them practicing their lines with one another as I sat there crossed legged.

 

I guess this time I won’t have to do much but my Director did insist that I should at least be an

Understudy for Juliet’s role but I doubt nothing would go wrong so I just agreed. I already thought of the costumes so I just had to do more research and planning before I started designing and maybe get some help from the Fashion Design Department.

 

When everything was done, I finally got the chance to stretch. We greeted our instructor before we all scattered around to get our belongings and said our goodbyes. It might have been a long day but it was basically just auditions and everyone trying to plan out the whole play for this semester, our last performance this year.

 

I carried my bag on my shoulder and walked out through the two giant blonde wooden doors, still planning and visualizing how the costumes should be, before I could actually trip on my shoelace that has gone loose unknowingly while I sat around in the hall, someone saved me from getting embarrassed.

 

He caught me by arms and held me there, when I finally processed the situation I stepped back and bowed down while I thanked my savior under my breath. I looked up to see who it was but it was just Jaehyun, yeah that Jaehyun.

 

“I should tie your shoelaces so you wouldn’t fall for anyone else” he knelt down to tie them for me while I tapped his head with my notebook.

 

“That again, was super lame and would most probably come out only from your mouth but nice try though” I laughed, we were always this close because he was in the theatre department too and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter