003; Soojung

011018; Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung

 

“Jongin”, that name still felt so familiar coming out of my mouth but it felt like it didn’t belong to him.

 

I waited for him to react, somehow hoping that he’d tell me that he was the guy who I’ve mentioned. I knew he heard me because his smile faltered for a second but replaced it again.

 

“I think you’ve got it wrong, my name is Kai” he corrected me but he continued, “I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else.”

 

“I’m sorry but you just looked like someone that I knew. Please make yourself feel comfortable, if you do need anything you can just ask me”, I smiled before I turned around away from him.

 

I just kept my hopes up thinking he would come back even though I knew he wouldn’t. “There’s nothing to be sad about, Soojung. You’re working right now, keep your head straight.” I told myself then blinked back the tears and continued to clean the tables.

 

I’m so glad that no one saw that and luckily there’s only a few customers, maybe I will be able to go home early.  I distracted myself by cleaning every single spot in the café, I tend to clean a lot when I’m thinking too much but in this situation I’m just trying to avoid him.

 

Jong- Kai, that guy with that neatly styled hair keeps staring at whatever I do. I could tell because the reflection on the windows betrayed him because he looked like he was trying to burn a hole through me. When I would turn around, he’d look at something else like he wasn’t staring.

 

I’m pretty sure that’s why Jaehyun was laughing, most probably because he thinks after all the years we both met this is his first time witnessing a guy being interested in me. I shot him a glare and mouthed, “Stop laughing, you look ugly” then he’d mouth the same thing and we’d end up laughing.

 

He was cleaning all the dishes now and I was mopping the floor. Sulli should be back soon, I checked the time on the clock on the white wall.

 

 When I was about to ask Jaehyun if he could manage the café by himself now since Kai was the only one left and a couple of students, Sulli arrived looking like she ran all the way here.

 

“Soojung, sorry for coming late! Something came up after the showcase so I couldn’t come back right away-“ when she was about to continue she saw Kai then she looked at me. I shook my head and gave her a small smile. “Right, you can go home now if you want. I will talk to you tomorrow.”

 

I obviously knew what she was referring to, Kai. She is probably shocked like I am to see someone who looked exactly like Jongin and the both of us probably thought that it’s just purely coincidence, nothing more.

 

I went in the locker room, Sulli following behind. “Soojung, I’m really sorry for coming this late. You must be tired and I won’t ask you to talk to me about it now, let’s just talk tomorrow.”

 

“It’s really alright, I’m sure you couldn’t help it. The café wasn’t that busy today so it wasn’t that bad. Hm, let’s just talk about it tom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter