The Truth - The Author's Last Letter

His Majesty

Hello to all the readers of His Majesty,

 

As you might have noticed, I barely updated this fic (I think for more than a year already). I can't really say anything that won't sound like an excuse except that I am really, sad to say, losing interest in finishing this. I am so sorry. I know a lot (some) of you have patiently waited for any kind of update but it would really be unfair to all of you if I continue this half-assed.

Some of you would say that this fic is hugely based on the story of Mary, Queen of Scots and yes, I will agree. This is an AU for that and I still wanted to finish this to be honest. Unfortunately, even if I rewatch Reign (to which the inspiration to write this came from in the first place), I don't have the heart to put my everything in finishing this. I know this is unfair, but I don't really want to keep you guys waiting for an update that may never come.

The truth is, I already have planned the ending for this fic, and currently, it'll be around 2-3 chapters before the fic finally ends. Unfortunately, the drafts I wrote for those chapters left me unsatisfied and I felt like I didn't give the inspiration enough justice. I don't want to tarnish something historical with a half-assed attempt to 'somehow' retell her story through a different protagonist.

I know that this really is unfair for everyone but I hope you all understand that I really don't want to continue this anymore, especially when life had been bugging me for a while now.

Another thing I'd like to say is that, recently, the connection I have for KrisBaek is somehow weakening (and I agree that it is my fault -- I haven't been able to keep up with any EXO/Kris updates that much), and I don't want that weakened link to show in any of my writings. I still have this longing of contributing to the krisbaek community but I'm just not sure if continuing His Majesty is enough and would be enough. As I keep on saying, I really don't want to continue something, anything, in a half-assed manner. It will also be a disgrace to all the great writers in the fandom (krisbaek and the whole EXO fandom).

I know it is also a petty thing to say but only a few people have appreciated this fic. And while these people are dearly precious to me and their comments as well, I guess it is true that writers thrive on comments and criticisms. A few people are commenting on this story and I feel like I'm only wasting your time, the space on the Cloud and the space in AFF for this. I hope all of you can understand.

I'm sorry if you've all been disappointed about this news. But then again, I feel like you all had an inkling that I will be writing this closing letter one of these days. I'm sorry that you were all proven right. :(

If it makes you guys feel any better, I still have a lot of open plots/prompts in my head that I reserved solely for KrisBaek. I just don't really know when I will have the time to write them. I might throw them in one of my fics (I Give Little Bits of My Heart To You)

Again, I'm sorry. If you want to continue this story (I doubt though lol), you may message me here or on Twitter (@baekbansot). I might even give you the last two or three chapters (both ready to post and cluttered drafts) if you want to know how I planned to end this fic.

Again, I'm deeply sorry. :( Please don't let this hinder you from finding and writing great krisbaek fics in the future. I'm sorry again.