3. Hidden Feelings

Pretty In Pink

A/n: This chapter is a little smaller than the previous, but I really wanted to address the dynamic of the group of friends, as it will give a more 3 dimensional view on their relationships, and I hope this really helped clarify some things, I know this is starting off quite slow, but it will pick up the pace soon enough. ^^ Please be patient my beautiful readers, and thank you to all those who subscribed~ Extra love for you <3 *throws confetti* ouo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun had occupied himself on the computer next to mine, replying to facebook messages and playing games as I continued to browse, placing together beautiful co-ordinates, learning the various styles, what went together and how it would help give me curves despite having a very straight figure. Unlike a girls hourglass figure, I had more of a rectangle shape, with only a small hip breadth, but only being sixteen, I guess that’s what I should have expected. It wasn’t long before a loud bell rang through the library, making me jump alittle, snapping me out of my intense trance, signalling lunch to which being the forever hungry boy he was, Jonghyun jumped up and I could have sworn if he really was a puppy, his tail would be going a 100m/ph.

“Bummie! Lets go!!” He grabbed my hand to which I responded with a soft whine.
“I’m not hungry~” I lied, my eyes still trained on the screen. Jong rolled his eyes at my stubbornness, crouching beside me and poking my side.
“Ani~ You will whither away if you don’t eat. Then what will I do with a skeleton of Kibum? He certainly can’t wear Lolita.” He looked up at me, feigning an upset look to which I just raised my eyebrows, but smiled at his cute reference to the fashion, making me feel a little warm inside with happiness.
“Hopefully nothing ghastly.” I responded, deciding it was no use arguing with him about going to eat and flicked the computer off, standing up quickly.
“Hyung!” A loud voice boomed out, to which the librarian nearby shushed the boy. He gave a sheepish smile and bowed a few times in apology. As she shook her head, lips pursed, he ran up to me.
“Taemin, we are on our way to lunch, do you want to come?” I asked, smiling at the boy as I slid the strap over my shoulder and pushed my computer chair in.
“We?” He looked puzzled for a second, leaning to the side to see Jonghyun still clinging to my arm, and his eyes slightly widened. I couldn’t help but crack a small smile at the young boys’ reaction; he had always been so shy around Jonghyun, perhaps it’s because he admired the football player so much.
“A-ah, Taemin-ah.” He let out a small chuckle, to which Taemin just stared, a little dumbfounded, nodding his head.
“Hyung.” He responded quietly.

(Taemins’ POV) 

As he leaned around and his eyes locked with the smaller male, his heart speed up and his palms became sweaty. Swallowing quickly, he nodded, swearing his stomach dropped the moment the other spoke his name casually, shivers running up his spine. He would never admit it out loud, but the moment he met him, Taemin had fallen in love with Jonghyun. He looks really good today.

“Hyung.” He spoke quietly before clearing his throat. He let his eyes brush over his senior before flicking to Kibums, who only looked at him oh-so-knowingly. Although he had never proclaimed his love out loud, he had a feeling Kibum knew to some sense how he felt about Jong.

It wouldn’t exactly be easy to admit he was gay, and there was no way he could ever confess. It took him years to come to terms with it himself, and Taemin couldn’t face the humility of being rejected by the schools’ most popular womaniser.

“S-so, are we going to lunch?” The tall boy spoke, trying to stop the nervousness he felt, running his fingers through his own hair, it easily slicking back as it was still damp from the rain.
“Well, I’m starving.” Jonghyun announced, his voice echoing in his ears as Taemin let out a strangled chuckle, causing Kibum to break out into laughter, earning a glare from the younger boy.
“I need to use the bathroom.” Kibum suddenly announced, “You both go ahead, I’ll catch up soon.” With a small wave, the other boy strutted off, leaving Taemin and Jonghyun awkwardly standing together. He watched the elders’ face carefully, and frowned a little as the boy was still focusing on Kibum walking away, feeling a little jealous at all the attention his best friend was receiving and decided to drag it back to himself.
“Jong-Hyung~” He spoke confidently, feeling a slight surge of urgency to spend as much time as he could alone with the elder, “Let’s go find a seat.” Jonghyuns’ face lit up, earning an award-winning smile as he gestured for him to follow.
“That hungry, huh Tae?” He added, taking the boys’ hand with ease, and although for Jong it was easy and natural to give skinship, it made Taemin feel nervous. As all the girls were shooting daggers at him with their eyes, which slightly frightened him, he pulled his hand away just as casually as Jonghyun had taken it. Although the older boy looked at him questioningly, Taemin didn’t say a word and kept his eyes averted.

“Did you have fun in the study hall Hyung?” Taemin tried to distract the other, thankful he took the bait with a small nod.
“Well….” As the elders’ lips stretched into a heartfelt, his heart felt tight. Swallowing his feelings, he just nodded, waiting for the other to finish his sentence, “Uh, nothing important, just played some games. How was math?” He looked down at the young boy, causing him to blush. How did he remember?
“It was…um, good I guess.” He replied, “I’m pretty good at it so not too hard.”
“Really? Could you teach me?” Jonghyuns’ eyes lit up, grabbing the smaller boys’ arm eagerly.
“I-I’m sure you have some noonas’ that would be more than happy to help you.” Taemin stammered, trying to keep the heat from becoming obvious on his cheeks.
“But I want you to teach me. Those noonas’ are grabby.” He rolled his eyes before giving Taemin a flirty look, rubbing his arm a little and pressing his body against him. Is he trying to kill me?! What a natural flirt… Taemins thoughts were interrupted as he spoke again, “Please Taemin. I will really owe you.”

“O-ok.” Was all he could stammer out and Jonghyun pulled him into a hug, shaking him a little, Taemin now a beet red, to which he coughed, pushing the other away, despite the slightly hurt look in the elders eyes. Tae just gave him a solid shoulder pat and avoided his eyes, not wanting the other to see the lust and love illuminating out of his eyes, as obvious as the sky being blue.
“Am I interrupting something?” Kibum must have snuck up behind them, now prodding gently at Taemins’ side.
“Of course not hyung.” He mumbled, fidgeting with his uniform, shyly glancing up to watch Jonghyun casually throwing an arm around Kibums’ shoulders.
“Took long enough.” He chuckled, poking his friends’ cheek, earning a soft whine.
“You know I must always look my best.” Kibum said, pushing his hair away from his eyes cockily, feigning confidence as Jong let out a light hearted laugh.
“You always look beautiful Bummie.” He grinned, making Taemin want to cringe. He knew he could never have this boy infront of him not because he didn’t like boys, because it was clear as day that Jonghyun was Bi-ual, but it was because it was so obvious that his heart already belonged to Kibum, whether he knew it or not was only a matter of time and that’s what hurt the most.
“Coming Taemin?” Kibum looked back, and with a realisation that he hadn’t moved quite yet, he nodded a little, before walking quickly behind them, lost in his thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Poor Tae-baby~ ono I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will surely update again soon ^.^ thank you so much for reading. Good-bye for now :3

For those who have die-hard JongTae feels and need some imagery: