I'm Begging You

Pretty In Pink

A/N: I am sorry it took so long to bring this chapter out, but I was just looking for a link between the last chapter and the next one. I hope this does well. I also have a surpise for the next chapter :3 I am super excited, happy that I am finally getting this story back on track :3  Some Taekey in this chapter as well as some terribly confused Jonghyun :) Hope you all enjoy ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Jonghyuns' POV*

The cool wind caresses over my skin, as if it was trying to soothe the pain in my heart. I tighten my grip on my legs, hugging them close in fear and regret for my actions. I- I hurt them both so much. I don’t deserve forgiveness. But I craved it, I craved a simple glance, a sly look from them but I received nothing. Nothing to catch glances of but the back of their heads between classes. I’m such an idiot. Letting out a heartfelt sigh, I dig in my pocket only to light a cigarette, sliding it to sit between my lips. I let my eyes drift closed, the heat of the poisonious smoke enflame my lungs, a small nudge of comfort and relief eliminating the numbness of my bad decisions. I shift a little on the hot cement, the ground becoming uncomfortable after my hours of stillness on the roof. My phone bleeped, bringing me back to reality. I knew who it was, I could only sense the evil radiating from my phone, the messages for the last hour had been bitter and raw, like her vengeful personality. I had skipped second period and lunch just to avoid her.

Removing the stick from my mouth, I threw it to the ground and puffed out the smoke. I stood up, squashing the fragile tobacco stick beneath my foot. Stretching out my cramped legs, I felt a small rush of relief and squinted at the sky. That’s when I heard it, a creak from the roof door and a stifled giggle. It’s past lunch time so who would be…? Not wanting to get caught in cause it was a teacher, I moved stealthily behind a vent and peer at whoever had disturbed my quiet escape. To my surprise it was Taemin followed closely behind by Kibum. Why aren’t they in class? As much as I wanted to confront them, a part of me urged not to approach them. You , they still hate you. I gritted my teeth, wanting to cry at the painful reminder, but I stayed still, my legs protesting as I once again squatted behind the vent, peering out to watch.

“Taemin-ah~ We are going to get caught.” A playful giggle escapes his thin lips as Taemin pulls him close, arms around his middle.
“I couldn’t help it, I was thinking about you in math, the way you looked in the uniform is just delicious.” His words smooth. What is happening? I have never heard them talk to each other like this. I watched in upmost confusion as Taemin slid his hands down Kibums’ back, watching the latter squirm in delight as he begins to trail kisses down the elders’ neck.
“Tae-“ the feline boy squirmed, eyes fluttering shut as it became apparent by his flushed cheeks that he was enjoying it.
“The way it hugs your curves and emphasises that cute of yours~” The heated whisper even reached my ears and I embarrassingly realised I was spotting a problem myself. My pants became uncomfortably tight, my face heated as I ripped my gaze away, falling to sit on the ground. I had tried so hard to make sure my now ‘girlfriend’ promised  not to spread those photos of taemin and me, so he wouldn’t come out as gay and now he was carelessly flaunting it. A feeling of hot white anger filled up inside me, my fist tightening into a fist. And Kibum is actually fooling around with Taemin? Why? Are they…. The anger began to melt away, a pressing sick feeling in my stomach erupted, leaving me confused and empty. I have so many questions but this numb feeling-

To my utmost horror, my phone bleeped alerting the two people who hated me the most that I was here with them.

*** Kibums POV***

My body feels hot, sensitive to his every touch along my body, but I prolonged the , enjoying every moment of it. Despite my moans filling the air from the glorious feeling of his lips on my neck, I was snapped back to reality when I heard a familiar tone fill the air. I frowned, my whole mood changing as I gently pushed Taemin away.
“Yah~ Hyung… why such a tease?” He muttered in my ear, forcing a blush to heat my cheeks before I playfully hit him.
“Taemin-ah, didn’t you hear that?” I glanced around the rooftop, completely disinterested in the latter who was gropping at my .
“No, are you sure it wasn’t your phone?” His tone was impatient and I snapped back to give him a harsh glare.
“Yes.” He seemed to pick it up because he rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets. I shook my head, tucking my shirt back into my pants and shuffling over to where I heard the phone bleep. What if someone caught us? My blood ran cold, my heart racing as my palms became sweaty. Stepping forward, I peered around the vent and let out a sigh of relief to find no one there at all. But instead, a lone phone, laying forgotten on the ground and flashing a green light of importance. I bent down cautiously and took the device in my hands. It looks so familiar. Sure they are a popular model but the crack in the corner of the screen… My eyes widened with realisation.

“Taemin!” I called out, pushing the power button to brighten up the owners’ lock screen and sure enough, there was a photo of Sulli gracing us with her smile. Since her and Jonghyun became a couple, rumors exploded with suspicion and girls became jealous at her stealing their precious ‘Oppa’ away. This phone could only belong to him.
“What?” He replied grumpily, obviously annoyed at me rejecting his advances.
“Seriously? Quite being a baby and come over here.” I unlocked the screen and peered at what seemed to be 20 messages that had been left unread from a certain brunette.
“I’m fine.” He states, stalking over and snatching the phone from my hands, “It’s not right to snoop Kibum.”
“Gone back to full name basis huh?” I scowl, reaching for the metal device only to have him lift it out of my reach, “it’s Jonghyuns’, maybe-“
“Stop.” He locks eyes with me, holding my gaze as he glares me down. I feel my stomach drop, the close proximity no longer making me feel an electric charge but instead tense air. I lower my eyes in defeat, and he loosens his grip, letting my hands drop to my sides.
“Fine.” I was so close, maybe if I just saw those messages it would-
“Going through his phone won’t give you some kind of magical solution for why he did what he did.” Taemin spoke quietly, as if reading my mind. His hand reached out to brush my skin, but still upset and guarded, I brushed it away.
“I know.” I stubbornly spoke, my throat thick with emotion before turning away from view, blinking away the tears forming in my eyes.
“I’m sorry.” He didn’t dare to touch me again, and I didn’t blame him, I was just hoping that deep down, Jonghyun did this all for a reason.
“I know.” I nodded, my strength slipping as I let the tears fall.
“Are you alright?’ It annoyed me how much he cared, I still didn’t want him to see me so weak. Lately, I had always been on the brink of tears, the breakdowns more heartbreaking than the last. I couldn’t help as the crying got worse, I began to shake and slide to my knees, Taemin by my side immediately, comforting me quietly. I was thankful that he no longer spoke, but slid his hand comfortingly down my back, humming my favourite song quietly. I rested my head on his chest, gripping his shirt and listening carefully, my breathing evening out as I felt his heartbeat against my cheek.
“We have each other Kibum, that’s all that matters.” His worth soothed, but didn’t fix the gaping hole in my heart. It was only a short time later before I spoke, rubbing my dry, red eyes on the back of my long sleeves.
“We should go back.” Even as I spoke the words, deep down I had no urge to move from here, wishing only to stay in the comfort of his arms.
“Nah, lets ditch.” I pulled back in surprise, looking up at his crooked smile, something that made me warm and I couldn’t help but nod despite my inner conscious saying otherwise.
“R-really? What would we do?” I sniffle alittle, blinking up at him.
“Lets go to Alder-.” His words fade as well as his smirk, before stopping all movement and stares at something behind me, “What are you doing here?” I snap to look behind me, my heart skipping a beat as I peer into those chocolate eyes framed by luscious black lashes once more, and I felt a pull of both anger and sadness. I wanted to speak, to say anything to him but I found no words.
“I…” I felt Taemin trembling with anger as he pulled me up, hugging me to his broad chest as Jonghyun trailed off just staring between us.
“Did you see us?” The younger boys’ tone was so cold, I couldn’t help feel a shiver as well as a stab of guilt as I snuck a glance at Jonghuns’ heartbroken expression as he nodded slightly.
“I did.” His voice was so soft I almost didn’t hear it. A whisper that was enough for Taemin to snap once more, his fingers digging into my shoulders. I winced and tried to wiggle out of his grip but he wasn’t paying attention, his eyes piercing Jonghyuns.
“What? Getting off to it I assume? Going to go spread rumors about us?” He spat, and I had had enough. I pushed Taemin off of me, my body heated with anger.
“ Taemin, will you just stop?” I yelled, catching them both with surprise, my body shaking with nervousness as my legs grew heavy and weak.
“Are you defending him?” The dancers’ eyes shot to mine, pointing at the clueless looking Jonghyun on the other side of the roof.
“I’m not! I just-“ I’m just tired of the fighting. Letting out a sigh, I turn towards my elder, but don’t bother to meet his eyes and just ask quietly, “Why did you hurt me?”
“Kibum, I said he-“ Taemin interrupted and I silenced him with a wave of my hand, only to have him huff. I need this, I need to hear him say it. The air was tense, but he hesitantly spoke.
“Because I wanted to have fun and you seemed easy.” I barely had time to react before Taemin was infront of Jonghyun, his fist in a tight ball with blood pouring from the elders’ nose. I wanted to make all this hate and anger stop, but in the end I had made it worse.
“Was that all I really was to you all these years? A loser who needed you? Who worshipped you and you just were taking pity on me all along?” I couldn’t stop the overflow of tears and the coke in my throat, but I could stop Taemin hitting him as the older boy nodded. Leaping forward, I grabbed Taemins’ wrists and despite his struggling, I was determined to stop him from doing more damage.
“Stop, Tae please.” My eyes were pleading as they met his hateful ones, “Don’t hurt him anymore.” I shook my head, adrenaline having taken over as I stood my ground. It was only a few moments later, That he nodded in return, giving me a nod before speaking:
“Lets just go.” He pulled his hands out of my grip and stormed over to the roof top door, pulling it open just to storm out. I wanted to follow, but my eyes drew me to look down at Jonghyun, who was lying on the ground, blood streaming from his nose. I felt such hate for him, but I knew deep down all along everytime he said something hurtful, I had forgiven him right away. Cautiously, I bent down and pulled a tissue from my pocket. He seemed to have an impression of a fish down pat as I began to gently mop away the blood from his lips.

“S-stop helping me. I don’t want help from someone like you.” His words didn’t even seem to hurt my numb heart anymore.
“We have been friends for years, I can tell when you are lying to me.” His lip twitched with annoyance but I ignored it, wiping away the last bit of blood before he swatted my hand away.
“Stop! Y-you are both throwing everything away.” I frowned, watching him scramble to his feet and look around.
“Jong, what are you talking about?” I follow suit, brushing off the dust from my uniform and watch as the boy in front of me hops around, searching for something.
“I did-“ His voice dropped off, letting out a sigh, rubbing his temples, “You have to go. I can’t be seen talking with you.” He spoke in defeat, looking at the ground.
“Your popularity?” He nodded and mumbled a sure, shoving his hands in his pockets. I was going to keep inquiring but this boy infront of me, despite everything just seemed so lost. This was his path to take, even if I wasn’t here to help him through it.
“I didn’t know you liked brunettes.” I added on as an after-thought, watching as he flinched. Isn’t he dating Sulli? Why does he seem so hateful of her. I watch every time he is with her and he looks far from happy.

His eyes flicked to mine, stepping to stand in front of me hesitantly, brushing his fingers gently over my hair.

“I can tell you aren’t going to take this hate from me as simply as Taemin did so I’m begging you Kibum, Hate me. Please, for Taemins’ sake.” I froze, taking in his words with consideration. Why is he doing this for Taemin? This doesn’t even make sense.
“Don’t frown, it will give you some ugly wrinkles.” He smiled a little as I scowled, crossing my arms.
“Why should I even trust you? You hurt me….” His expression fell as instantaneously as his smile appeared in the first place, shaking his head.
“I know. I’m sorry.” He mumbled, “Since meeting you, my favourite hair colour has always been brunette.” Without another word, he disappeared from the roof, leaving me there to think over everything he said.

***

“I hate him, I really do!” Taemin jammed his spoon into the ice cream container, furiously digging at the frozen cream with anger. We had finished the rest of the day at school, unable to skip class happily in our previous mood. I found him after school, sulking near the gate and just suggested that he came home with me.
“I know.” I watched, thoughtful as my latter continued his indecent rant, throwing in filthy words whenever in felt comfortable for him. What was he protecting Taemin from? Did something happen to him? I can’t ask him directly because he will just flip his .

Deciding I had had enough of his hateful words, I changed the topic; “You still going to Naeuns’ party this weekend?” I dropped the hint casually, watching as he froze his attack on the ice-cream, turning a light shade of pink as he mumbled a ‘maybe’.
“Yah…you like her don’t you?” I teased, pulling gently at his blonde locks.
“N-no!” He choked, his ears turning a flattering shade of scarlet.
“Tae-baby has a crush~” I laugh, poking his sides. He grabbed my wrists, pinning them to my sides with ease.
“Aren’t jealous, are you hyung?” He mumbled, a smile graced on his angelic face. The mood changed to one more serious, one that was ought to be discussed eventually. No doubt after we started sleeping together, we had grown closer, but… I wasn’t falling in love with him was I?
“Of course not, I want you to be happy.” I replied with something easy, something routine so he wouldn’t second guess my answer.
“Maybe I do like her a little.” He brushed his nose gently against mine, my heart beating irregularily fast in my chest.

I nodded, hands running over his shirt with ease, not quite listening to his words anymore.

“Are your parents going to be home any time soon?” He mumbled, placing a kiss on my cheek, leaving him to breath gently in my ear.
“Yeah.” I sighed, pulling away hesitantly, “Probably only in ten minutes or so.”

He huffed in frustration, and I brushed his fringe from his eyes, “I know, I’m sorry.”
“It’s not your fault.“ He hummed, placing the lid on the ice cream container and sliding it to the floor, “I have been thinking Bummie, for the party this weekend, you should dress up.”
“Like in a suit and tie?” I joke, sliding from the bed to fetch my phone from my satchel.
“No, Lolita.” I stop, my face falling and I turn back to stare at him.
“What, are you crazy? I can’t do that.” I shake my head profusely, but he shakes off my doubt and continued.
“They won’t know it’s you. I will tell them I’m bringing a girl from another school nearby as my date.” He nods, determined to get me to do it. I’m so nervous, I mean, I want to wear the stuff but what if someone finds out.
“Kibum, no more excuses. You will look amazing, and no one will know it is you at all.” He nods happily, excitement lightening up his face.
“Really? I have been wanting to wear it…” I nibble on my bottom lip, thinking about the white box hidden in the bottom of my cupboard.
“I know. This will be the perfect chance.” He smiles, grabbing my hand and pulling me in close.

I smile in return, and despite my doubt, I know this may be my only chance to show it off. I hear the door slam downstairs, alerting me that my parents are home. Great, just what I need.
“KIBUM!” I hear the woman downstairs yell, demanding my immediate attention.
“I’ll be off. Text me later, alright?” He gives me a wink and slides out my window, giving me time to correctly  fix my uniform and head downstairs.
“Yes?” I call out, the devilish woman emerging from the lounge room to glare me down.
“Have you done any chores today?” I fidget, cursing myself for completely forgetting.
“No.” I mumble, watching her expression to turn into one of hatred.
“You are useless. I come home from a long day to cook dinner, and you have done nothing the entire day. I bet you have been just sitting on your .” She spits, and I take a step back, fear taking over my sense as she comes closer.
“I w-will do some now.” I watch as the small woman, stalks away mumbling names under her breath. I sigh, beginning to clean up the hall.