Past

The Betrayed

"oh ..."

The four of them absurdly stunned, stiffed upon looking inside their house. Broken glasses were scattered all over the floor, the walls that used to be grey in colour somehow turned red as blood. Words "Go die!!" was written on the door using the same red blood paint. Chairs were threwn all over the place and have their television broken. They stepped inside the house and saw their clothes also faced the same faith, being threwn away on the bed and the floor. Plates in the kitchen were perfectly destroyed, leaving nothing behind. Their house almost looked like there was an earthquake happened before.

"We've been robbed." says Xiumin, fell down on his right in front of the door. They just came home from the restaurant that time and were so extremely exhausted and having to look their house in such a messy situation was definitely doesn't made them feel any better. "We are not robbed, Xiumin. No robber is stupid enough in this world to even break a television. Will you break it if you're a robber?" questioned Luhan to Xiumin. "Well, then...?" Upon looking at those two talking to each other, something suddenly popped inside Lay and Tao's mind. "Don't you think that this might be your past gang's dirty job?" asked Lay. "Why would they do that...?" Luhan asked him back, with his eyebrows frowned. "I don't know... you two were the one who used to be one of them, so i guess you should know them better on how they do their 'jobs'."Are they here for some revenge or what...?" asked Tao this time. "Why would they bother to even seek a revenge?! it was me and him who've been locked up in the jail for 10 years. US! Not them!" yelled Luhan. "We think about who's behind all this later. Right now, what's important is we have to find a place to spend this night. we can't be here. they might come back for us." says Lay. "We can't go to Kris's house. He's not here." says Luhan. They can't help but sighed when they heard Luhan. "It's alright then. Xiumin, close the door, let's go find any hotel nearby. But before that, we still need to lodge a police report."

In the end, 4 of them left the house with a heavy heart and scattered messy head, trying to figure out the man behind the mess.

"That police, really got on my nerve." Xiumin suddenly 'confessed' his unsatisfied feeling towards the police who took their report just now to them. "Yes, it's true that we are ex cons but still they have to take our report seriously, right??" Tao who was happened just came out from the bathroom after taking a shower while drying his hair. "Accept the fact that we are the ex cons the society hates." Luhan and Lay who listened to his words remained silence and sighed. "I accept the fact as it is, but I can't accept it when they treat us like that. they don't even look at our faces." "You right...at first, he gave a smile while preparing our report, but when he checked our names, I can sensed his face's changes. Damn." says Luhan. "Let it be. Let by gone by gone. Now, we need to figure out who created the mess in our house. What if the landlord find out. She might kick us out." Tao who just finished drying his hair then took a seat next to Lay on his bed.

"Actually...I think I know who." Their eyes concentrated at Tao after they heard them. "Who?? Do you know them?" questioned Xiumin. "No, I don't know them, but I think they know both of you." said Tao to Luhan and Xiumin. "What makes you think so?"

"One day, when I was walking home from the store, I saw two suspicious guys. Leather jacket, black cap. "They kept looking at our house but I didn't really care about it. I thought they were just looking at it. The next day, when I was throwing the rubbish outside, I saw them once again. But once they noticed me looking at them, they quickly fleed. But yeah...they could be anyone. It's just my instinct." explained Tao.

"Who they could be?" Lay asked. "You said, leather jacket, black cap?" Luhan asked to Tao and he nodded. He then looked at Xiumin. "Is it them..?" Xiumin shrugged. "If it's them, what could be their motive?" they became silenced. "Haih, this thing is really tiring my brain. I don't care, I'm going to sleep." Xiumin then turned off the lamp beside his bed and pulled over the blanket to cover his body.

Then, all the lights were turned off. Everyone was lied down on their own bed, stared at the ceiling except for Xiumin who was already landed in the dreamland. "Maybe...they're worry, worry in case the two of you leak their secrets and tell to the police." Suddenly Lay's voice spread in the room through the dark. "When we think again, it is making sense on why they look for us. That gang really do commit serious crimes. Drugs processing, drugs dealing. sometimes more than that. It's not impossible if they come back to scare us so we won't say anything to anyone." says Luhan. "But, still they could be someone we know, right Lay?" said Tao.

"I guess...this is the time. The time for the past to come back to us." said Luhan, ending their nights. But somehow those words haunted theier minds, well except for Xiumin, making them hard to even close their eyes.