The World We Live In

The Betrayed

"All this time, I thought life was unfair. But then again life is fair because it's unfair to everyone."

-------------------------------------------

 

"Are they really sure that this is a food for humans?" Xiumin complaint. Tao, Lay and Luhan who were sitting next to him stared at their foods as well. Inside their tray filled with rice which doesn't look like one at all. Uncooked and yellowish. Kimchi that doesn't look or taste like the usual kimchi along with a bean sprout soup and chicken that wasn't so delicious even just by looking at it, causing their appetites buried deep 6 feet beneath the earth. "It doesn't really look delicious at all, but we still need to eat." Luhan sigh. He grabbed the chopstick then feed the rice to his mouth but only few seconds later that he spilled it out. "What is this?? It spoiled." Says him. "Just eat the side dishes then..." Lay told them. Upon hearing him, they forced themselves to eat it, or to be exact, swallowed it.

 

After the "hell eating time", hey returned to their cell. Actually, they were allowed to be outside at the prison's yard that is specialized for the convicts to inhale the fresh air or maybe hanging out. But them 4 prefer to be in their cell, lying on their own bed. Plus, the convict often fight among themselves there so they willing to do anything from getting involve in any of that.

 

Now, it's been 5 years. But still, no one ever show up to pay a visit to at least one of them.

"Are you an orphan?" Xiumin asked, breaking the silence that was conquering the cell. "Who?" Asked Lay back to him, confused to whom the question were referred to. "You and Tao, of course. It has been 5 years since we stucked in here, but yet nobody ever come and visit you two." Lay and Tao stiffed.

"Actually 5 years ago, my mom had once visited me but maybe she was too ashamed and disappointed to see me, so she just left the foods she brought to the warden. She never come back since that day." Lay explained. "Oh really? But why I never happen to see the foods?" Asked Luhan. "I don't have the heart to open it nor eating it. So I hand it over to the warden..." Xiumin and Luhan nodded their heads. Tao too.

"About you guys?" Asked Lay to Xiumin and Luhan. "Ohh both us are orphans. I met Luhan when we were in a orphanage house. We were 10 that time." Lay muted. "I'm sorry to hear that..." "it's okay.. it's been a long time. It no longer hit me in here." Xiumin said while pointing to his chest. "Besides, I have this guy in my life. I don't have anything to ask in this life anymore." "Xiumin said, laughed while patting Luhan's shoulder. Luhan who was next to him replied him with a smile.

 

Lay noticed Tao was quiet. He was only listening to their conversation all this time so Lay asked him the same question. "You?" Tao silence for awhile. He knew they will ask him too. "But if you don't feel like telling it to us, it's okay. We understand it." Said Luhan. Tao sighed. Those 3 eyes were glued to him. "My dad...he's been missing for quite a time. My parents were divorced when I was 5 and the last time I saw him when I was 15. My mom, she died when I was in high school. Cancer. My family are neglected by my relatives because my parents were married without their permissions. So yeah... no one knows my existence here." Explained Tao.

 

"Interesting, isn't it...our life stories..?" Xiumin who was trying to make a joke to kill the gloomy atmosphere was only given an annoying look from Lay and a slap from Luhan at his arm.

 

Days by days, years after years.

They patiently wait for their time to be set free.

 

One night, when all the convicts were "enjoying" their dinners, Lay, Xiumin, Tao and Luhan were "visited" by a group of man. One of them who has a tough body suddenly grabbed Tao's neck from behind and pushed his head against the table. The in-charged warden was off to somewhere else, giving oppurtinity to them to messed with other convicts. Lay who was sitting next to Tao quickly got up and punched the guy, causing him to fell on the floor. Seeing the friend got knocked down, the group then beat Lay. Tao, Luhan and Xiumin tried everything they could to help Lay but end up get beaten up by them that was clearly they've larger amount than 4 of them. The warden only showed up few minutes later upon hearing loud noises coming from the dining hall to stopped the one-sided fight. All the convicts then were told to returned back to their cells.

"Ahh...it hurts.." whined Xiumin. All 4 of them suffered some injuries on their hands, arms, faces and their abdomens due to be kicked and punched. They slept in pain that night even though they've been given some painkillers to reduce the pain.

"Ahh...it really hurts..!" Whined Xiumin everytime he move. "I should start working out now maybe..." "for what, Xiumin ah?" Asked Luhan. "So I can kick their asses back." They wanted to laugh but it surely be hurt like hell if they do so. They even faced trouble going to bathroom.

"We should get some revenge." Said Xiumin.

"No." Said Tao.

"Why??! They don't know who I am!" Asked Xiumin. To be honest, he was really mad. "I'm telling you not to do so because I know who you are...if you do the same like they did, then you're just the same with them." Said Tao again. "He's right, Xiumin ah.." comfort Luhan to his friend. Xiumin remain silent. Maybe he thought they were right. And they really are.

So, they decided to get some rest even though they knew they won't be getting any good sleeps that night. The lights were off everywhere and all the convicts had landed in the dreamland.

Silence.

Silences were everywhere. Only the sounds of breathing and snorring could be heard coming from the next cell.

 

"The world we live in here...is so cruel" Xiumin said. His voice was so small but 3 of them could heard it clearly.

"No, Xiumin...the world is cruel everywhere." Said Tao.

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Thank you for reading and subscribing my stories! Thanks to my 5 subscribers (currently), i really appreciate you guys... I will be uploading soon. Let me know if you want me to add anything or any ideas for the next chapter. ^__^