The Betrayed Cell

The Betrayed

 

 

"I didn't do it"

"I swear to God I didn't do it."

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"Yah...you..."

Tao heard a voice as if someone was calling for him. His eyes quickly followed the voice that was coming from the upper side of a double-storey bed that was placed next to his. Tao who was reading a book given by the wardens, closes it then looked at the voice owner who has a brownish hair, Xiumin, waiting to hear what he was going to say.

"You're Tao, right...?" Tao nodded. Upon hearing his response, Xiumin swiftly hopped off from his bed then grabbed a spot next to Tao who was sitting on his bed. "I'm Xiumin~" He streched out his hand, as a sign of handshake. Tao took it with a simple smile plastered on his face. "You don't look like someone who supposed to be in jail."

Luhan, who was happened lying on his bed, smirked when he heard the words that came out from his friend's lips. "Why are you laughing?" Asked Xiumin. Tao glared sharply at Luhan, feeling disastified with him. "A human's heart cannot be judge upon his face, my friend." Said Luhan, as if trying to provoke Tao. "Don't say that, man. We're staying in the same cell, we're supposed to make friends, not enemies."

"I don't wanna be friend with a killer." Tao who can't stand being provoked by Luhan then suddenly stood up from his bed and grabbed Luhan's collar. "Be careful with your mouth. You don't know anything, so shut the up." Lay who had been silently watching them end up jumped in to settle them down. "Stop it! We have so much troubles now and I don't think any of us in this room are willing to add another one." Upon hearing Lay's warning, Tao let go of Luhan's collar and return back to his bed.

"Do you really have to say that?" Lay move his sights towards Luhan, who was furiously glaring at Tao. "We are all the same in this cell. You're guilty. I'm guilty. He's guilty! Do you think by saying that could shorten your punishment? Or do you think by saying that it could redeem all your wrong doings before this?" "Luhan, he's right. Plus, we don't know each other's background. And, we're not even that good kind of human." Luhan who heard his friend then hits his friend's arm and said, "you're my friend, you're supposed to back up me!" Yell Luhan. "But what I said was true..." said Xiumin with his low voice tone while his arm.

"Why are you convicted?" Lay suddenly asking Xiumin. "Luhan and I are members of China's biggest mafia gang. We were captured by the police when we were trying to flee. We were involved in a fight against another mafia gang during the incident." Explain Xiumin. "You....are a mafia gang member?" Lay asked, he seems to can't believe what he clearly just heard. "You don't look like someone who would be involve in a mafia gang."

"A human's heart cannot be judge upon his face." Tao suddenly intercept their conversation, repeating the words from Luhan just now. Luhan stared at him, but Tao's eyes were glued to the book in his hands. "What about you?" Lay questioned Tao. "How did you end up being here?" "It has nothing to do with you." Said Tao with a calm expression. "Such a brag." Luhan provoked him again. "Can you two please cut it off?!" This time, it was Xiumin who end up yelling at them two, getting sick with their "cat and dog" behaviour. Lay who was happened standing at the end of Luhan and Xiumin's bed then moved to a spot next to Tao and took the book from his hands. "We don't know each other's background and I assume it is something sensitive and private since we're still strangers to each other. But it's better if you could tell why you're here. At least we know with whom are we living with for 10 years."

"I was accused for murdering a lady." "What do you mean?" Lay still patiently wait for Tao to continue with his story, hoping for a longer explanation. "I was framed. I was accused for killing a lady I have never meet even once in my life." "How?" Lay asked again. "One day, my friend called me. He said, he need to discuss something with me, something important. I agreed to meet him at a restaurant but he insist on meeting me in a hotel. I didn't ask much questions since he was my good friend and I don't suspect anything. He told me to go to receptionist and mention his name then they will tell his room number, so I did. But when I got into his room, there was nobody there. Empty. I still hasn't suspect anything yet, so I sat on the bed. Tired of waiting, I fell asleep. Then, I woke to a loud banging coming from the door. I was confused. What happened? What have I done? Polices came in and they were pointing guns at me, telling me to put my hands where they can see. I don't know what was going on so I did what they told. Then I saw forensics entering the bathroom. I looked at the floor and I saw blood stains were all over the bathroom. That moment I know I was framed."

"Then, why did you're the one who convicted?" Luhan asked, as if he already forgot the misunderstanding going on around them just now. "The police said, they found my finger prints on the knife that was used to killed her. I told them I'm innocent and I don't even know that lady, but because the police didn' believe me and the evidences are strong to use against me, so here I am..trapped for 10 years."

"Poor guy..." said Xiumin, trying to console Tao. Luhan's facial expression suddenly changed, perhaps feeling guilty for his wrong doings towards Tao without knowing the real story. "So, what is your plan now?" Asked Lay. "I don't know...I seriously doesn't know." Lay inhale a long deep breath and exhale it heavily. Xiumin was shaking his head in disbelief, and Luhan was quiet, staring blankly on his bed. "How about you?" Tao asked Lay. "Why are you here?" Lay was muted for awhile. His eyes dropped to the floor. Tao patted Lay's shoulder and said, "it's okay..just tell us."

 

"Actually, I was in the same boat as you, Tao. But, in my case I know the girl, but never know the identity of the man." Now, they were getting comfortable with each other. They were sitting face to face. Tao and Lay were sitting on Tao's bed, facing Luhan and Xiumin who were sitting infront of them. "This incident happened during my girlfriend's birthday. I thought I wann give her a surprise so I went to her house without telling her. Luckily I have the second key. But then when I got inside, I saw her with another guy, they were making out. I never met the guy before. I was so mad and I was just grabbed anything my hand could reach to hit that guy. Suddenly that guy stood up and fought back. I don't know where did he got the knife but he tried to stab me and somehow he stabbed my girlfriend who was trying to settle us down. He got panicked and ran away. My girlfriend was covered in blood and passed away shortly after that due to excesive lost of blood. The neighbour who heard us called the police. I can't simply run and left my girlfriend there, not in that kind of situation. My finger prints were found on the knife just because I pulled out the knife from her stomach. And that is why I was convicted to 10 years in prison."

Everyone was muted. Their brains were trying to imagine how Lay's feeling when it happened. Tao looked at Lay. Somehow he felt so sorry for him. Tao pat Lay's shoulder, trying to comfort him. Lay smiled. Xiumin and Luhan were looking at each other. "Do you know what, Luhan?" "Hmm?" "In this cell, only me and you who are really really guilty." Tao and Lay laughed. Somehow, there's something funny about Xiumin's statement. Luhan smirked, as a sign he was agreed with his good friend.

"I'm sorry for what I've said just now, Tao." Apologized Luhan. His eyes were on the floor, feeling ashamed to look at Tao. "I forgive you."

"So, both me and you are betrayed, right...? Don't you think?" Said Lay to Tao. "Hmm...actually we are betrayed too." Said Luhan. Xiumin let out a heavy breathe as a sign of regrets. "Actually, it was our leader who lodge a police report to captured us when he was the one who told us to pay some revenge for him." Explained Luhan. "Why did he do that?" Lay asked. "Some says because there are too many members now that he need to decrease some." Said Luhan. "Yup, but we were the one who had been with him ever since the gang was established." Xiumin continued. Lay suddenly smirked. "Do you know what us 4 have thing in common?" Lay asked. "I know." Said Xiumin. All 3 pairs of eyes were concentrated on him. "We are all betrayed by the person we trust." Lay nodded. Luhan smirked. Tao muted.

"I guess we have to name this cell as the betrayed cell." Joked Xiumin. All of them burst into laughter upon hearing Xiumin. Then their laughters were stopped when a warden suddenly passed by their cell. "Having enough talks? It's time to sleep now. Return to your own bed." They did as they were told to and quickly return to their own spots. Few minutes later, all the lights were out. Silences spread all over the cell.

"Guys..." Xiumin suddenly spoke to them.

"Hmm?"

"Don't you guys think that we should seek justice for us once we are out?"

After few moments of silence, Lay answered...

"We'll see."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: I hope everyone enjoys it. Thank you so much for reading and subscribing my story. I'll update soon~.