Partners

Will You be Alright?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        He tapped his fingers impatiently against the library table.

"For 's sake how hard is it to be on time?" He muttered to himself. He was already upset that the class clown was his partner and now he had the nerve to run late.  Baekhyun contemplated going home and doing the project himself, but the giant stumbled into the room before he could leave.

"Sorry I'm late. I had some personal to take care of." Chanyeol flashed a smile at his partner.  

"Let's get started. So we are supposed to write out the scenario each of us were assigned in English. My scenario is two strangers discussing a common interest. What’s yours?”

Chanyeol looked at the small piece of paper he was given earlier, “Someone confessing to their crush. Why do we have to know how to do that?”

“Why is not important. We just need to get it done. Write out a Korean dialogue and we can work on translating it later.” The two worked in silence for the next three hours.

"I'm hungry," Chanyeol whined, "Baek, can we please go eat?"

"Don't call me that. I don't do nicknames." His tone was flat. He looked at the clock on the wall it was later than he thought and he had to admit he was hungry too. "Alright,  let's go eat." They packed up their books and walked to the convenience store down the street. The two enjoyed their cup ramen in silence.

"Hey," Chanyeol broke the silence,  "why don't you like nicknames?"

"I don't think we are close enough to share painful backstories."

"Can't we be friends?"    

"Why do you want to be friends?"

"You just seem lonely."

"What would you know about lonely people?"

"More than you think." Chanyeol muttered almost inaudibly.

"What?"

"Nothing...uh how about we eat lunch together tomorrow? "

"I don't want to."

"Come on we can work on the project."

He didn't really want to eat lunch with anyone. Baekhyun enjoyed the quiet time to himself, but he wanted this project done as fast as possible.

"Fine, but only because I want to finish this as fast as possible. "

"Who knows maybe you will enjoy hanging out with me."

Baekhyun laughed, "Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter