II - Incidental

Can't Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon woke up around 6.45am after trying to shush his ringing alarm for almost 30 minutes now. He groaned while trying to get himself out from the comfort of his soft bed and warm blankets. He’s not exactly a morning person. Feeling slightly chilly, he got up while still hugging his blankets that shielded him from the cold and went to close the slightly opened window. He likes sleeping in natural environment with only the fan that is at low speed to circulate the air in his bedroom. Staring out the window at the still dark sky, he saw a figure coming out from the house next door.

“Good morning, Hakyeon.” He whispered to himself after making out who the figure belongs to. “Why are you out so early?” Taekwoon sigh. He sometimes wake up as earlier just so he could walk to school with Hakyeon though he’s just trailing behind his shadows, still it felt as if they were walking together. “I guess I’ll meet you at the school field then. Be careful on your way to school.” He smiled and waved a little. Taekwoon knows Hakyeon’s habit like the back of his palm after years of stalking. Maybe he wouldn’t call that stalking but more of… protecting?

Taekwoon had stayed after school countless of times just to wait for Hakyeon. Most of the time he would be in the school field practicing soccer except when it’s raining, Taekwoon would end up in the school library: a place he used to hate going but came to like because of a certain someone. And because of that certain someone, he had practically read about almost every book on animals there is and fallen asleep countless of times. He sat at the very end corner of the library hidden by the bookshelves but near to where Hakyeon would usually be because it was quiet. If he did fell asleep, he would be awoken by Hakyeon when he wanted to leave; the chair screeching against the tiled floor whenever the boy gets up.

There was only once where Taekwoon fell into deep slumber. He was worn out after having an intensive training earlier in the day for an inter-school competition. He wanted to head home to rest but had to stay because of Hakyeon. He had wanted to forcefully drag Hakyeon or even carry him (if he’s going to be stubborn) back home just so he could have some sleep but shook off that thought the second after. Hakyeon’s going to avoid him if he did that. He doesn’t want to scare the latter away.

It was the day he regretted not following his mind because when he woke up, Hakyeon was gone. Immediately, he rushed out of the library and ran through the path Hakyeon would always take but there were no traces of him. Not even till he reached in front of Hakyeon’s house. He quickly traced back his steps and found Hakyeon in the alley shortcut to their neighbourhood being touched by few drunken men at inappropriate places. He got so mad at them so he punched them unconscious for touching his precious Hakyeon.

His precious Hakyeon, he smiled to himself. How he wished.

Maybe he should make Hakyeon learn some self-defence techniques. That is, if he could get a chance to talk to Hakyeon even.

Hakyeon didn’t really have many places that he would go to. Hakyeon’s life is pretty mundane according to Taekwoon. He’s mostly in the school compound; studying in the classroom or the library. Sometimes Taekwoon would find Hakyeon at the school field where he would watch him at soccer practice after school but he would always have a book on his hand. Always reading or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter