VIII - Secrets

Can't Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Cha Hakyeon!”

“Cha Hakyeon!”

“Cha Hakyeon!”

“Cha Hakyeon!”

“Cha Hakyeon! Stop daydreaming!”

Hakyeon had been called out by 5 teachers because he couldn't concentrate in class. He can't help it. Taekwoon has been missing class for 2 days now and he is worried. He could just call him or visit his house to know what's going on but his pride is not allowing that. Not after ignoring Taekwoon for weeks. He had his reasons. Reasons he can't tell Taekwoon.

“Hakyeon darling, come see me after class.” Ms. Song, their Korean language teacher called.

Ms. Song who is also their homeroom teacher just gave out their exam slips and as usual, Hakyeon’s at the top of the class but unlike other times, he doesn’t feel the joy. Instead, he feels empty. He sighed and continues to try really really hard to concentrate but he can't. He just can't. He mind wandered off to Taekwoon again suddenly regretting what he had done the past few weeks.

“Is this Taekwoon’s way of payback? Is he angry with me? Is he going to breakup with me?” negative thoughts flood through Hakyeon’s mind as he think about what he had done to Taekwoon. He might have jeopardized their relationship. Tears form in his eyes as he thinks about a life without Taekwoon. He had been his everything. They might have just got together but Hakyeon had a crush on him for years! How is he going to handle the heartbreak? A lone tear fell down his cheeks.

He got up and pulled the strap of his bag to his shoulder and just realized that the class is empty. He sighed again and pushed in his chair under the table.

He saw Minhyuk standing at the door way when he walks out. “Hakyeonnie? What’s with the long face?”

“Nothing…” he answered while looking down on the floor, tears threatening to fall out again.

“Hmm… did Taekwoon not come to school again?” Minhyuk’s question made Hakyeon even sadder.

As he was about to walk, he was suddenly enveloped in a tight hug. “Cheer up, my friend.” Minhyuk lets him go and took out a bottle of banana milk from bag. “And this is for you. One shot. Drink it up and feel better” Minhyuk smiles and it make Hakyeon smile too.

“Thank you.” He takes the straw and poked it through the foil, the liquid in contentment.

“Maybe he’s sick that’s why he didn’t come. I’m sure he won’t abandon you. That guy loves you too much.”

“How would you know that?” Hakyeon started to walk again.

“Oh, I just know… don’t think about it too much kay?”

“Mhm” Hakyeon nodded and finish the last sip. “Ms. Song asked me to see her after the class. You can go home first.”

“Nah, I’ll just wait for you outside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter