III - Dilemma

Can't Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that incident, Hakyeon had been avoiding Taekwoon and it’s been getting hard on Minhyuk as well.

“How long are you planning to go on like this?” Minhyuk asked, obviously annoyed with Hakyeon behaviour.

“Like what?” Hakyeon asked back, standing at the near the edge of the rooftop watching Taekwoon leave the school compound with a bag sling to one side of his shoulder.

“Don’t play dumb Hakyeon. You know what I mean.” Minhyuk sat on an old reclining chair that used to belong to the cleaner that once worked there. He’s been skipping classes and following him around almost 24/7 like magnet. He enjoyed the company but it’s getting too much for him to handle.

“What do you mean?” Hakyeon fidgeted. He really doesn’t want to answer.

“Oh come on Hakyeon! Taekwoon didn’t even do anything to you and yet you’re avoiding him like plague!”

“No I’m not!” Hakyeon defended.

“No? Then what the heck are you doing here? You have never once skipped class nor do you ever come up here.”

“What? Can’t I hang out with my best friend?”

“Pfft. Stop giving me lame excuses.” Minhyuk scoffed.

“I’m just… I don’t know… ” Hakyeon look down on the floor.

 “Don’t know what?” Minhyuk tried to pry for more information.

“I don’t even know why I’m like this.” Hakyeon collapsed onto the ground and started sobbing. “I don’t know why I feel like running away every time I see him.”

“Hakyeon…” Minhyuk squatted down beside him, patting his friend’s back. “I’m sorry”

Hakyeon shook his head “No, I’m sorry for shouting at you.”

“It’s okay Hakyeon-ah. Wanna go for a walk?” Minhyuk suggested.

Hakyeon nodded and stood up with Minhyuk’s help. Minhyuk would always bring Hakyeon out for a walk at the park near the river when he’s down or upset and immediately he would feel better after a breath of fresh air. However, this time he still doesn’t feel any better.

He sighed and turned to his best friend. “Minhyuk-ah, I don’t think this is working.”

“Wait here. I’ll be right back.” And with that Minhyuk ran off to somewhere without waiting for the other to reply.

Hakyeon stood there dumbly. As time pass, he got conscious of the stares around him so he went to sit down at the field nearby. Not long after, Minhyuk came back with a very familiar looking bottle in his hand. That caused Hakyeon to smile unknowingly.

“What are you smiling at?” Minhyuk asks as he hands the bottle of banana milk to Hakyeon.

“Nothing…” he took out the straw from the plastic wrap and poked it through the foil cover “You’re the best Minhyuk-ah. Thank you!” Hakyeon beamed after taking a sip.

Minhyuk chuckled and ruffled Hakyeon’s hair. “Glad you’re feeling better.”

Both of them lied down on the grass and look up at the beautiful nice sky just enjoying the moment of peace taking this opportunity to clear their heads. Hakyeon’s stomach started to grumble disrupting the silence and he blushed. Minhyuk laughed and stood up dusting his backside.

“Come on, let’s go get something to eat. My treat today.”

“But…” Hakyeon was going to retaliate but got cut off.

“No buts! It’s my treat today but I can only afford ramen though, if you don’t mind.”

Hakyeon shrugged. He didn’t have much of an appetite anyway so he let Minhyuk drag him to the rame

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter