I - Prologue

Can't Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon woke up early that day, even before his alarm is set to ring at 6.00am. He's been excited since the day before. It's his final year in high school after all and he'll be enrolling in the university next year. Being a model student with perfect grades and attendance, he makes sure that his uniform is perfectly tucked in before double checking his books in his bag and heading to the kitchen with it.

“Good morning eomma!” Hakyeon greeted his mum with a kiss on the cheek.

“Good morning my baby. Did you have a good sleep?” Hakyeon’s mum greeted back while setting the breakfast; toast, fried egg and ham on the table.

“Eomma! I’m not a baby anymore. I’m turning 18 this year!” Hakyeon whined but he didn’t really minded that his mum still calls him her baby.

“You’ll always be my baby no matter how old you are, my dear. Now eat up before it gets cold. I’m going to wake your appa up for work.”

Following his mum’s words, he poured himself a cup of orange juice as well as made coffee for both his parents before settling down to eat his breakfast being careful so as to not dirty his school uniform.

“Good morning appa!” Hakyeon greeted when he saw his father.

“Good morning son. You’re up really early today.” His father yawned while stretching.

“It’s the first day of school appa! Of course I’m excited.” Hakyeon cheered.

“Do you want me to send you to school?” Hakyeon’s father asked, now sipping his cup of coffee.

“It’s okay appa. It’s still early, I’ll walk.”

“If you send him to school, he won’t get to walk with his crush from next door.” Hakyeon’s mum interrupted.

“Eomma!!!” Hakyeon whined again, head hanging low from being embarrassed.

Both their parents laugh at their son whose face is now as red as tomato. “He’s a good kid, Hakyeon ah. What’s his name again?” His father inquires trying hard to remember the name that he had only heard once when the boy carried a passed out Hakyeon back home under the rain. He found Hakyeon in an alley being cornered by several drunken men touching him at place where they shouldn’t. He almost got too if not for the boy next door who so happened to pass by after a late soccer practice.

“His name is Taekwoon.” Hakyeon replied; ears still red from having to remember the embarrassing incident. He was studying in the library and totally lost track of time. He was going to walk straight back home but it was raining and he didn’t have his umbrella with him so he decided to run and go through the shortcut back to his house. Hakyeon tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter