Sudden Turns

Pu(rrr)fection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sir?" A small voice broke a very-worried Sehun free from his thoughts, coming from a petite nurse who glanced at him with concern."You can visit your hybrid now, but before that the doctor would like to talk to you!" 

There was something about the way she talked that alarmed the other. Maybe it was the sorrow that burned in each word that escaped her, maybe it was the way she spoke so quietly and slowly, as if she was afraid of someone hearing her. 

"Alright," with a heavy sigh Sehun stood up, running a hand through his dark hair."I hope he's fine." he added, paying close attention to the small woman's reaction. What he saw was not pleasant: a bitter smile graced her lips for a brief moment.

"He will be, I'm sure." she said.

Just ten minutes later Sehun was leaving the doctor's office with shaky steps and unshed tears glistening in his eyes. Never before had he been shaken like that, not even when his pet dog - the only thing he had ever truly cared for around the age of five - was hit by a car. The poor thing dyed in its owner's arms, yapping a few more times before closing its warm eyes for the last time..

Was Luhan going to leave like that, too? 

Sehun choked back a sob as he stumbled to room 1-7-7, nearly falling over his own legs. He couldn't understand why he was feeling like that: before, he had been planning to give the small hybrid away and now he just didn't want to lose him. 

But fate seemed to be playing a cruel trick on Oh Sehun: even the doctors had no idea what would happen.

Luhan was sick, so very sick. He had been so, probably for many many years and yet he had showed no sign of it for the past weeks. Had his temperature not risen so abruptly, the doctors would not have suspected it either. 

Hybrids were frail creatures, being both animals and humans. Several illnesses could taint their health, and many could threaten their lives. The one that had snuck upon the unaware cat-boy was even more cruel than most of them: it only caused distress by the time it was truly hard - too many times impossible - to cure. Thankfully for many, it only attacked strays that were not vaccinated against it. It was cunning but quite hard to catch, carried by ticks that were repulsed by the stench of chemicals in the hybrids' blood. 

It was c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter