Sharp Claws

Pu(rrr)fection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glowing green eyes peeked up at the tall male dangerously. The cat got ready to attack, a hiss escaping its mouth. Yet it never pounced, easily distracted by the small object that fell on the ground: a small coin. It jumped on with with a small mew, huffing when it managed to catch its prey. 

"All bark no bite, eh?" The human chuckled."Or... all mew no scratches, maybe?" he asked when the cat gave him another low hiss, picking up the coin expertly, only to drop it moments later. Its nose started twitching wildly, causing it to look even less intimidating then before. Within moments though it was leaping again, landing on the man's bag. It could smell food, and plenty of it. its muzzle the cat tried to claw the odd container open, mewing loudly when it just refused to budge.

"Hey, stay boy..or girl," growled the human with a sigh, peeling the feline away from his bag. Unfortunately for him, the damage had been already done: the top layer of the neat leather bag was torn mess, pretty much useless."Wow you seriously should learn how to obey commands!" continued the man with a groan as he glared down at the small animal."You've just ruined my favorite bag." 

The cat gave a small mewl, casually placing its tiny paws on the man's legs, trying to pull itself up: after all, the food was still in the bag and not in his tummy! So maybe the human was being all weird and loud but he had tasty-smelling food so... He probably was a decent person as long as he was willing to share the it - or maybe most of it - with the starving cat.

"What's with you now, all begging and cute?" the man asked with a sigh, one hand slowly reaching out to pet the fluffy tuffs of crimson fur on top of the cat's head. Its appearance was quite unusual: fur as red as cherries was very rare, especially for cats. Its eyes were also greener than what was considered normal - well at least if the man compared them to the cats' eyes he had seen in the shop. They shone like emeralds, a mix of curiosity and hunger clear in them. 

All in all, it looked nothing like its kin that lived in shops, waiting to be adopted. Because of that, it was skinny as well: it probably would have looked a lot better had it been a bit thicker. Oddly enough though, its fur was neat and shiny, completely void of any dirty.

The man ended up sighing as the cat mewed once more, the fact that he was begging for food clear in its tone."You know, what? You can get it, just don't ruin anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter