Apple Pie

Pu(rrr)fection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun let out a sigh as he poked the cat-boy's left ear, trying to wake him up as gently as it was possible."Luhan, food's here." he said softly, chuckling a bit when finally those round emeralds fluttered open, filled with sleepiness.

"Oh.." Luhan yawned a bit, rubbing his right eye with his IV-free hand."You bought pie.." he added quietly after he sniffed the air a couple of times, lips twisting upwards into a tiny but very honest smile."Are you sure that it won't cause me to be very fat?" he asked, tilting his head to the side a little.

"I'm sure." Sehun's reply was short and somewhat cold, but his eyes were all but that. They were filled with gentle compassion and heart-wrenching worry."I surely do hope that you like apple-pie. This was the last one in the bakery so I didn't really have the chance to choose.." he was about to say something else, but the way the hybrid's ears perked up and eyes shone with utter glee halted his words.

"I love apple pie.." Luhan mumbled sincerely."It's my favorite food as a human. As a kitten I love fish the most. But I don't like chicken much.." the crimson-haired boy, once more, was rambling. He talked a mile a minute as he blinked at his owner somewhat innocently.

"Okay, then eat it!" Chuckled Sehun, quickly helping the boy to sit up after he failed to do it twice. He ruffled the messy red mop of soft hair on top of Luhan's head and finally handed him the small paper bag that held his treat.

Luhan munched on the pie for quite a long time, swallowing each little bite with great care. To Sehun, it was all too obvious that he was still doubting himself. Sometimes, his face would crunch up a little or his ears would press flat against his skull.

But at those times, the human would smile at him a little, trying to encourage him gently. Usually it would work and in a matter of moments, the hybrid would be eating happily again, quiet little purrs escaping him. 

The purrs ended the moment his food seemed to have disappeared from his grasp. Gleaming emerald widened as he looked around, searching for the remnants of his pie everywhere: just a minute ago he still had half of it, but now, only a couple of crumbs remained, scattered across the thick blanket Sehun had snuck in for him some time age. Luhan blinked, a pout forming on pretty pink lips as his ears flattened against his head once more.

"Someone stole my pie.." he whispered quietly, lower lip trembling."I swear!" he added quickly when the other gave him an incredulous look."One moment I was eating it happily and bam! it just disappeared. I bet it was some mouse wanting to steal everything I have." he even puffed out his cheeks as he ranted on and on.

Granted that Luhan could not lie once he had opened his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter