Bits of Tuna

Pu(rrr)fection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man collapsed on the couch with a satisfied sigh, lying back contently. He loved silent moments like that the most: there was absolutely nothing that could bother him. He knew well that soon, he would have to collect himself and wash up before going to bed but for a moment, he just allowed himself to relax a little. It was better than anything in the whole wide world: he had nothing to give a about.

Well, at least until the loud yowling started. At first he male thought that his imagination was tricking him: as far as he knew none of his neighbours had annoying, loud cats that were able to give out sounds like that. He shook his head a bit, eyes fluttering close as the pleasant silence lulled his senses once more.

Another yowl was heard, than the sound of something slamming against the front door, hard.

The man stood up, annoyance clear in his voice as a grunt escaped his thin lips: he just so wasn't in the mood to go and check just whatever had decided to bother him at such an ungodly hour. 

However, the moment he opened the door, surprise wiped away all traces of annoyance from his eyes. The cat from before was sitting right on the middle of the doormat, its leg slowly as it peeked up at the human as if saying I'm home.

It was weird.

"Go away!" Muttered the dark-haired man, kicking ahead lightly - he made sure not to touch the cat though, he was not that cruel. The small feline flinch but didn't move from his spot, blinking slowly.

Its eyes were oddly mesmerizing, greener, livelier than anything the man had ever seen. He was tempted to just kick the door shut though as he was already sure that he was not fit to take care of an animal, let alone one that was - most probably - capable of turning into a human. It required too much commitment and care.

And yet, he couldn't do it, not when the cat was looking at him with a nearly pleading gaze. It was already quite cold outside and the cat was probably hungry. Well, it did look like it had been starving for a long while.

"Come in!" muttered the man with a sigh, not really expecting the animal to actually do so. The small, furry creature surprised him once more with quickly scur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter