xxxvii - Doubt

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo informed us that afternoon that he had finished his surveillance work. He'd found out the true location of Mr. K's hideout and they were indeed working for the scientists.

That was fast.

They told me that after their escape three years ago, the facility they were at was burned down. They weren't sure if anyone had survived but it turns out that they had simply done that to avoid any suspicions and erase all evidence of their illegal activity.

I could barely comprehend the whirlwind of work as they went about compiling documents together, gathering equipment that I don't even want to know where they got them from and generally being a noisy bunch of boys. I would go back to my apartment except for the fact that I'd be in danger so no thanks, I've had enough to last me a lifetime.

I spent most of the time cooking. I couldn't really help out anyway despite me apparently being smarter than your average person. Excuse me for having nothing better to do than study. No social life, remember?

Honestly though, I didn't understand much of what they were doing.

Chanyeol also spends an awful lot of time glued to me when he's not doing anything physical like moving things about or going out with everyone to have combat practice.

I feel rather lucky that he's being overly affectionate, taking every opportunity to kiss my cheek, hold my hand and causing me to blush a bright tomato red when he steals a kiss from me. Are we an item now? Officially a couple yet? Dating properly?

That's right, we haven't had a date yet, I think while I'm in the middle of making stir fry noodles. He hasn't even mentioned it. A seed of doubt grew inside me.

"Oh yum," said someone from behind me. I felt like my heart jumped out of my body from the fright. It was just Jongin coming to see what was for today's lunch. He gave me an apologetic smile, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you like that."

I shook my head and resumed cooking, "No, I just didn't hear you. You're always appearing out of nowhere like that," I say, adding the final seasoning to the food.

Jongin leaned against the counter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter