xxxvi - Papercut

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as I was discharged and deemed fit enough to walk, I made it my mission to finally find out what was going on. Ever since Chanyeol came and turned my life over, I have refused to look into the past because I never knew it so why did I need to now?

But I only brought more trouble for myself now that someone is trying to catch us as if we were criminals. So as soon as Chen stopped the car (he'd come that morning because he was driving us back - Chanyeol knew I'd be discharged that day) I hopped out and hurried to the elevator and arrived at their apartment in less than two minutes.

I stormed inside as soon as the door opened after ringing the bell, startling Jongin and causing him to nearly knock his head on the door, I ran to find Kyungsoo. As usual, he was holed up in the computer room, the screens eerily lighting up his face in the dark. They really need to open the curtains.

"Kyungsoo, do you have the files?" I asked, not really sure if he'd even hear me.

Something rustled in the dark before Kyungsoo said, "Here. Your files, yes?"

I nodded but quickly realising that he couldn't see and answered, "Yeah. Thanks." I took the documents he held out, barely lit up by the screens and headed back outside.

As soon as I sat down on their couch, Jongin came bouncing over with drinks and snacks, "Here."

"Thanks," I muttered, too busy frowning as I tried to figure out where to start. The beige manila folder was filled with so many sheets of paper that I wondered if they'd even place anything in order.

"What was that all about?" Jongin asked, sitting down beside me. When I didn't respond, he tapped me lightly.

"Hm? What?"

"Why did you run in here so quickly? Chanyeol and Chen only just came up," He said, leaning over my shoulder to see what I was doing. "Hey, isn't that..."

"Yeah, it is," I turned to face him, "Because it's about time I found out for myself why everything is happening now, and I know it's because it has to do with the appearance of you guys. Especially you Jongin, after 10 years of not hearing from you."

He moved away at that and I could see the hurt expression on his face; I hadn't meant to say everything so harshly, particularly with the fact that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter