xvii - Explanation II

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you want to know everything?" He asked, looking up at me with solemn eyes. Chanyeol looked serious but I couldn't help it and poked at his forehead. Being serious wasn't something I was used to and it rattled me inside, I felt... scared. And that could only mean that whatever it is contained in that folder was something that I didn't want to know about.

Chanyeol rubbed at his forehead and nodded, "Alright. If that's what you wish," he said. I nearly forgot that he could read minds. He stood and pulled me up with him. "When you want to know... we will tell you. Everything about your past." 

My past? What could be so important about my past? I can't pinpoint anything because all I remember was from an early age, I was always living alone except for the elderly couple who cared for me until they passed away ten years ago and left me their apartment.

Which is why there are so many older people in the apartment building I live in. 

I glanced again at the folder, wanting to know yet too frightened to dare to open it. "Um... maybe you could read it for me?" I murmured to Chanyeol, "You can just summarise it?" He looked perplexed for a second until he saw that my hands had curled around the one he had placed on my knee. "Please?"

"Alright, but you will read it yourself when you're ready," Chanyeol conceded, reaching over and picking up the heavy folder. He looked me in the eyes as he cradled the papers in his lap, "It's what my experiment on you is for," he added so quietly at the end that I almost didn't catch it. 

It has something to do with his experiment? So he already knows who I am? But where on Earth did they get all the information from? I thought until I felt a throb in my head. Why me? Aren't I just another regular citizen? Right?

I knew I was beginning to over think what they have said, but anyone who just heard that they have some mysterious past would either want to know or just want to leave it as the past. I couldn't decide. 

I could feel despair rising up in my throat as I choked back a sob. Chanyeol snapped his head up to look at me with concern, his beautiful brown eyes searching my own. Suddenly, sitting in this room, this building, felt too suffocating. I stood and ran for the door. "I just need some air," I managed to say before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter