xxxxx - Five

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I briefly wonder who the other person is when something comes flying past my head. The lingering scent of something burning reaches my nose and I realise that it had been a fireball of sorts and that I nearly had my face burnt off. Luckily it was only a few stray strands of hair. Quickly ducking behind a sort of pillar or wall, I couldn't exactly see in the dark, I yanked on Luhan's sleeve and pulled him out of the way with everyone following close behind. 

"Everyone okay?" I asked, pressing my back into the solid concrete and turning my head just enough to see what the hell was happening on the other side of the room. It looked pretty epic with fireballs and flames flying everywhere and bolts of electricity, light and whatever else is coming from Baekhyun's hands, being thrown in retaliation. I realised our team was severely lacking in fire power. Both literally and figuratively. So that's why they carry guns, I think, remembering the way they handled the weapons in a skillful and professional manner. The loud bangs that echoed second later confirmed that. Jongin glances at me from another pillar, a gun held in his hand as he aimed and fired. He's mouthing some words but I can't hear him over the fighting. 

Looking back at the rag-tag group of escaped prisoners, they're all still wearing the neck collars. I'll bet that those things not only neutralises their powers but also keeps track of where they are and probably a whole lot of other functions I don't want to find out about. I look around for some sort of way to disarm them when Luhan points at some sort of equipment hanging beside the cells.

"That's where they take off our collars when they want us to use our powers for the tests," he murmurs.

I suppose that's our only option right now. Making sure everything was clear and that there weren't going to be any stray bullets flying my way, I crept over to the the equipment. They were locked in a clear cabinet, and hoping it was glass, I picked up a piece of rubble and hit it as hard as I could. It barely made a scratch. "Dammit," I muttered, looking around for something else to break it open. Jongin appeared beside me with a Swiss knife in hand and in two seconds flat, he had gouged out the hinges of the cabinet doors. I grabbed the equipment and hurried back to the group. "Here, you guys do it. I have no idea how to use it," I say, ing it all into Luhan's hands. 

While they were making quick work of the collars, I edged back to glancing at the fight. From what I can tell, Kyungsoo is crazy strong. I'm not even joking. He's stomping on the ground and people are falling over; whenever anyone gets close enough he simply lifts them and throws them back where they came from, knocking out several others on the way. Oh my gosh, he's Hulk! I gasp quietly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter