xxxxix - A Mess

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somehow or other, I feel like it's all just a dream, wild and completely unrealistic but the flames that jump dangerously close convince me otherwise. "Okay, look, Mr. K or whoever you are. You're saying that you're going through all this trouble just for me? Chasing after a little piece of information that says I'm some sort of key? I can give you all my hair, though I'd rather not, but don't you think that trying to rule the world is never going to happen?" I say, loud enough so that he can hear. 

For my entire life I have lived quietly and peacefully, not once have I stood out or even tried to. I was a little lonely but at least I was content. Yet here I am, my whole world shaken up, standing amidst a group of humans who have super powers, and who claim that I too am one of them. I let out a heavy sigh, "Hasn't history taught you anything at all? Or even those Hollywood films. Why are you so stupid!?" I yell, frustration seeping into my voice. 

The boys around me stare at me in surprise, my outburst clearly unexpected. Chanyeol coughed from smoke inhalation before grabbing my shoulder and pulling me close, "I'm sorry I brought you into this mess," he murmurs into my ear. Turning to face Mr. K, he shouts,"Adieu, perhaps next time!" He stomps at the fire around Jongin's feet, pushes me into his arms while giving him some signal, so that I find that we had moved away from the flames. 

We stand a little a ways from the ring of flames and the thick headed men who work for Mr. K. It seems Chanyeol had created a diversion and everyone had scattered, some rolling away commando style while trying to put out any flames that at their clothes. I duck out of sight with Jongin hobbling after my quick steps. Something rattles from the shadows and I turn to see a pale hand sticking out from between bars; I nearly let out a scream thinking it belonged to a dead person until the hand's owner appeared and beckoned me over.

I leave Jongin to the side to nurse his burn and hurried over to the person. Squinting to see their face more clearly, I recognise him as one of the people we need to rescue. What was his name again? Lu... something. "Luhan!" I almost yell out, remembering his name. He frowns but still waves at me to come closer. 

I approach him, slightly wary, drawing close enough to see hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter