xxxviii - Sundaes

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel like I haven't seen the sunlight properly in a while, mostly having been cooped up in their apartment with barely enough sunlight. Even when I opened their curtains, it still felt like I was living in a cave. 

So when they all decided to go out for whatever reason, I was more than happy to be invited along. 

As we headed out, Chanyeol linked his hand with mine, ignoring everyone else and happily swinging our arms. He wanted to, not me. I was feeling slightly embarrassed, but he assured me in a whisper, "It's fine. We're boyfriend and girlfriend. Perfectly normal, and you wanted a date right?"

I looked up at him with surprise when he said that. I suppose he had heard me thinking about it then.

Today's weather is perfect. The sun is out, not a single cloud in sight and I'm going out on a date! With Chanyeol's friends behind us but that didn't matter; I'm not going to be greedy and ask for alone time, because I have rarely gone out with friends and today seems like a good day to hang out with everyone. 

Okay, maybe I'll be a little selfish - it's an absolutely beautiful day for getting sundaes. I urge them that I know a great ice cream place, and they follow, intrigued but mostly excited at the prospect of food. Anyone would be too, and I'm craving something sweet. A chocolate banana sundae might suffice. 

The boys got ice creams and smoothies for themselves, and we find a table outside with an umbrella shading us from the midday sun. It wasn't particularly hot with a cool breeze blowing, then again, winter has already passed and I'm surprised at how long I've already been friends with these four guys. Especially the fact that they had powers. 

"Guys, I still don't know much about your backgrounds, except for Jongin. Care to share?" I ask, scooping up a dollop of chocolate ice cream. I glanced at each and every one of them, wondering if they would tell me.

Chanyeol shook his head, "Maybe after all this is over, I'll tell you, but for now, we'll keep it a secret," he said, giving me a wink. Baekhyun nodded as he took a sip from his smoothie, while Chen grinned at me. Chanyeol took a bite of my sundae just as I scooped some more. I wrinkled my nose at him but continued to eat. 

"Fine, but pinky promise," I said, holding out my left hand. He linked his little finger with mine and our promise was sealed, even if it's a little childish.

Sitting beside me, Jongin was silent, seemingly absorbed in eating his ice cream. I nudged him for a response, and harder when he still said nothing. Kyungsoo watched our exchange with those large eyes of his before he cleared his throat to gain everyone's attention. He finished off his green tea ice cream, dusted his hands and held up his satchel that he'd been carrying; inside was a thin laptop which he pulled out and opened. Knowing how important this will be, we scooted closer next to him until we blocked out any person who might look from behind or the side.

"I've been doing surveillance wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter