First Day Traditions

The Fraternity

The next morning was anything but peaceful. Luhan woke up from a loud crash coming from the room right next to him; the bathroom. When he got out of his room sluggishly, he found Kris waiting outside the bathroom tapping his foot impatiently. Apparently, he'd been waiting for his turn to take a shower for the past half hour. However, Tao was fighting with Xiumin that he supposedly broke his favorite hair dryer. Kris, had enough of this.

"YAH BOTH OF YOU GET YOUR ASSES OUT HERE, THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEED TO SHOWER TOO!"

Luhan was startled at the fact that Kris could be so assertive (given the fact that he was so quiet when he met him). However, it was probably one of his only options to get his point across. He probably would've done the same. Xiumin and Tao both exited the bathroom, each looking slightly embarrassed, since neither knew that their "small" spat could be heard outside the door.

Afterwards the line for the shower passed by quickly since each boy needed about less than five minutes. As the dirt and grime washed off his body, Luhan thought to himself on how college was going to be like. As far as he knew everyone went their own way and minded their own business. No one cared about ual preferences, appearances or even your taste in music. Nonetheless, he wanted to see for himself. After his quick and refreshing shower, Luhan went downstairs and joined most of his "brothers" down for breakfast. Luhan was surprised that Sehun was up early for once. His hair was damp from having just gotten out of the shower and had a groggy expression on his face. Judging from his prominent eye bags, it was obvious that Sehun was exhausted. 

Luhan sat across from the quiet boy. Awkwardness was avoided when Lay entered the room, asking about today's agenda. Whilst mixing his pancake batter, Kyungsoo said "After you guys eat breakfast, I'll get everyone gathered here to discuss plans. I have an idea that I want to try.

Chen nodded "Sounds good Kyung."

Kyungsoo poured portions of the mixture onto multiple heated pans. When simultaneously making pancakes, rustling can be heard from upstairs. Within minutes, the rest of the boys walked single file down the stairs and joined everyone else in the kitchen. Without delay, Kyungsoo had already filled nine plates of pancakes for his fellow brothers.

With an exhausted sigh, he said, "Now don't expect this everyday. Just need everyone with energy for today's schedule. Now, I believe we all traded numbers, is that correct?"

Everyone nodded, included Luhan who got most of his contacts from Baekhyun who programmed them  in his phone.

Kyungsoo put his hands together, "Great. So once all of us are done with our classes, let's meet on campus by the gates. We'll go from there and discuss what we all want to do." 

With that said, the members of Delta Psi left the house and walked to their nearby campus. Altogether, they went to the administration office to receive their schedules. In small groups, they parted separate ways to their classes. 

Luhan never had trouble finding rooms, he learned to be aware of his surroundings when he was a child since he was always so shy. He always wanted to avoid conversations with strangers and rather not risk his chances of encountering a rude person. Without further delay, he found the psychology building and went to the lecture hall. 

Within those four hours, the professor gave a brief synopsis on what material they would cover for the semester. The bell rang, indicating the end of the morning session. Students collected their items and flooded through the doors.Luhan however took his time to leave the lecture hall. By the time all of that was over, it was already 12:15 and he was starving. While trying to figure out a place to eat nearby, he couldn't help but notice a familiar face on the campus looking completely befuddled.

"Sehun!"

Turning his direction towards the familiar voice, Sehun immediately approached Luhan.

"No offense, but you seem really confused and lost. You need help finding a class?"

 

Shaking his head quickly, Sehun responded  "Ah no, I actually finished my morning classes, just wondering where to go for lunch."

Seeing a solution to his dilemma, Luhan offered, "Hey I just finished my classes too, wanna go get lunch with me?"

Nodding eagerly, Sehun agreed.

With bags slung on their backs and their stomachs craving for their next meal, the two boys walked out of campus together to browse at the small selection of restaurants and cafés that were available to them. 

"Sehun, what do you want for lunch?"

"Not sure, just been craving bubble tea lately."

"Didn't you just have some yesterday?" Luhan asked with a questioning brow raised.

Sehun shrugged, "Any day is good as any so why not."

Giving in because he was in the mood for some too, Luhan said, "Alright, just don't blame me when all that tea goes straight to your stomach!"

"Ha, yeah right, my metabolism is at its highest peak right now. I'm just taking advantage."

"Alright whatever, where to? I'm pretty sure you know this area better than I do."

"There's a bakery not too far from here. If we walk now we'd be there in about five minutes."

 Giving in, Luhan agreed to go to the nearby bakery (mostly because he was starving by this point and didn't really care). Like Sehun said, the walk was fairly short. Instead of going in right away, Luhan took the time to observe the place. The bakery itself wasn't large, however, that's what Luhan loved about it. It gave off a relaxed sort of ambience. 

Growing impatient, Sehun walked past Luhan and went straight into the bakery, leaving the dazed latter behind. After Luhan followed him in, Sehun told him to get a booth for the both of them while he ordered.

"The place is small though, and there's barely people here, is it really necessary to claim a table?"

Sehun turned around to look at the other, "You wouldn't believe the kind of lunch rush this place has. Now do you want coffee or bubble tea?"

Luhan made a squeamish expression before answering, "I'll take the coffee, two sugars with milk."

"Geez and you said that I'll get fat," mumbled to himself.

"You say something," Luhan asked with a questioning brow as he walked away.

"Nothing, its all in your head," Sehun said as he internally chuckled.

After ordering their drinks, Sehun took his seat across from Luhan and waited for their order to come. Luhan just kept his eyes trained on a specific spot on the table as he played with his fingers. Refusing to take the silence any longer, Sehun started the conversation.

"You seemed pretty disgusted with bubble tea, any reason?"

Snapping his head straight up, Luhan answered right away, "No idea, I used to have it all the time. This just happened about a year ago, I don't know, guess it's just not the same."

Or I just associate it with painful memories.

Sehun didn't really seemed satisfied with the answer, but just brushed it off and said okay, yet he still couldn't shake the feeling off that Luhan was hiding something.

Wanting the subject to change quickly, Luhan asked the other, "So what brings you to here?"

Sehun widened his eyes slightly in confusion before asking, "Here as in New York, or 'here' as in school?"

"I'm guessing a little bit of both. If you don't mind me asking."

"Well, I'm an average guy who had a typical life in Korea where grades circulated around my life. I wanted to broaden my horizons by coming here for an education, that's it."

Luhan was about to ask him to elaborate until their drinks arrived, automatically cutting off the topic. Luhan gingerly sipped on his coffee until Sehun began to comment.

"Ugh, how can you drink that stuff? It's so bitter."

Luhan carefully put the cup down before answering, "Taste is actually great if you add stuff to it. That's why I asked for sugar and milk. What you're thinking of is black coffee. And dude out of all the flavors, why chocolate bubble tea? It's practically too sweet to taste anything. Aish, and you judge my drink choices."

"Really? Maybe it's too sweet for you because you already burned off all your taste buds from drinking all that coffee. It's such an old person drink."

"I can assure you that my taste buds are fine, let's both shut up and enjoy our drinks, alright?"

"Psh, fine," Sehun concluded as he rolled his eyes. 

After leaving a tip for their waiter they both exited the bakery and walked back to campus. When they reached the gates, they both noticed that they still had a lot of time to spare until afternoon classes began. 

Luhan sat down against a tree, enjoying the shade that eminated from it, and pulled out a book from his bag. Sehun on the other hand just watched the boy read until Luhan broke the silence.

"So is this going to be an everyday thing?"

"What?"

"Us getting lunch every day we have class. It's alright if you don't want to, I just appreciate the company."

Sehun shrugged, "I guess."

Luhan chuckled, "Great," and returned to reading his book. 

After some time, the bell rang, indicating that afternoon classes would begin within minutes. Both boys parted without a word and resumed their day. Luhan entered the science hall for his biology course. As a wave of students came bustling through the doors, Luhan saw an awfully too familiar roomate.

"Baek!" 

Said boy turned towards the voice and was overly happy that Luhan was sharing a class with him. They took their seats next to each other and started to listen to the professor's instructions on the project that they would soon be assigned. After their hands were on the brink of getting carpal tunnel, the class ended. 

While the duo were catching up on today's events Baekhyun suddenly remembered something.

"Wait, Kyung said we meet at the gates, right?"

"I think so, yeah."

 

At the gates was a slightly ticked off Kyungsoo with an overzealous Jongin poking at his cheeks. Trying to maintain his cool, Kyungsoo calmly asked Jongin why he was repeatedly poking his cheeks.

Jongin shrugged, "Can't explain, you're just so squishy hyung."

And with that, he gave up. Minutes later, the whole fraternity had arrived, some more excited than others.

"So guys, what should we do, more importantly, how's everyone feeling?"

The response was a mixture of "good's" with some incoherent grunts and noises. 

"Okay, let me rephrase that, do you guys actually wanna go out and do something productive and fun?"

"Meh I don't know, I feel like staying at home," Tao said.

"Same, I feel like I've been lectured to death," Chanyeol added as he massaged his temples.

"Hmm, alright. Since the majority is do something at home, let's go. I got one more trick up my sleeve." Kyungsoo said with a mischievous grin.

The pledges were extremely confused but just opted to go with it, since most of them were extremely tired. 

Once they arrived home, Kyungsoo immediately went to the sliding glass door in the kitchen that led to the backyard. Since everyone was tired, no one didn't want to follow him to see what he was up to. Luhan, however felt bad that Kyungsoo was probably working on something really hard to earn the enjoyment of all his pledges; he decided to go help him.

When he went to the yard, he saw Kyungsoo fumbling with the garden hose and trying to inflate something with it. Noticing the sudden presence in his peripheral vision, he turned to see who it was.

"Ah Luhan, I somehow that you of all people would try and help me."

"Haha of course, now what's all this Kyung?"

"These," Kyungsoo motioned towards a bucket "are waterballoons. Because cmon, what's more fun that possibly inflicting pain on others with poorly filled and tied up balloons?"

"Can't disagree with you on that one. So I'm guessing this is your scheme for waking everyone up?"

"Exactly." Just as he said that, Baekhyun came outside, while rubbing his eyes. Before he could question anything, Kyungsoo already explained everything.

"So I'm guessing you need someone to lure all these boys out here? Well, I'm your man for that hehehe," Baekhyun said before he mysteriously strolled back inside.

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo cocked their heads to the side in confusion. 

Meanwhile in the house Baekhyun firmly planted himself in the middle of the living room where practically everyone was taking a nap. Heaving one breath in, Baekhyun abruptly shouted.

"FIRE! OH MY GOD, EVERYONE GET YOUR ASSES IN THE YARD, THERE'S A FIRE!" 

And like wildfire (no pun intended), the boys frantically woke up and ran to the yard, where they found both Luhan and Kyungsoo armed with the hose. Before any of them could go back inside, they all became drenched, leaving them no choice but to dry off out here (or so they thought). 

"Thanks Baek. Great, now that you're all awake and alert, let's have some fun. Divide into teams, go all out against eachother, I don't care, just pelt the out of each other with these balloons. I figured let's cool off, literally, from what this year has for us with an ultimate water balloon fight."

Kris suddenly asked, "What makes it ultimate?"

Kyungsoo waved his hands in an impatient matter, "I don't know it just is, now go." He said when he armed his hands with a balloon in each and threw one at Tao and the other at Chanyeol.

The other pledges followed suit as they began to hit each other with the water inflated objects. At one point Baekhyun took control of the hose and sprayed everyone. That's when it all turned back around on him when everyone pelted balloons at him, which wasn't so pleasing. Even Sehun of all people was smiling and having a great time, even when Luhan through a balloon straight for his face. But to no avail, Sehun got him back. The evening was filled with laughter, and shivering boys. About an hour later, then all their supplies ran out, Kyungsoo completed it with a few words. 

"Let this day be a reminder that we can still be kids along with the part time responsibilities of going to school. Hell, if things are getting stressful, we can have more days like this."

"Hey, can this be a yearly tradition, Soo?" Jongin asked.

The other pledges gave a rather enthusiastic response to all of it.

"Well, I guess that answered my question," Jongin said with a smile.

"Okay guys, let's dry off out here and help me make dinner, alright?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Yeah!" They all answered in unison. 

 

 

 

A/N hey guys ~ sorry for the extremely late update, I've been trying to stretch out the chaps as much as I can. The next chap should come a long sooner than this one so rest assured :D as always, let me know what you think of this chap and tell me what you want to know more about. So far we've had about one awkward hunhan moment thus far XD see u guys next chap ~