Delta Psi (ΔΨ)

The Fraternity

It's old and practically falling apart, Luhan thinks, but he wouldn't have preferred anything else as he stares at the fraternity house.

It wasn't his initial decision on joining a fraternity. No, he actually wanted to live in a dormatory. However like the considerate son he was, he was aware that a residence hall was far more expensive. He wouldn't want to put his parents through paying for that, given that they are already having a hard time making ends meet. Not to mention the cost of Luhan's tuition to attend the University of New YorkHis cousin, Zhang Yixing actually persuaded him to check out the fraternity house, since he himself went there as a student. Although reluctant at first, Luhan agreed for the sake of experimenting. Because why not?  Of course he was aware that there can be wild parties, and possibly dabble with his uality in participating in nightly escapades (although he is openly homoual).

Luhan wasn't the best student, he was more of an athlete. It wasnt surprising that he was captain of the varsity soccer team junior year in high school. How did he get into such a prestigious school though? He got a partial sports scholarship along with the required sat score (after multiple sessions with a private tutor) in which he just met the criteria by the skin of his teeth.

Luhan has a feeling that he is being watched. He then approached the door and he noticed the greek letters delta and psi engraved on the entrance. Before his knuckles can brush against the wooden door, a boy no older than him opens. He has a small build with narrow shoulders and round eyes. His hair is short and jet black with bangs neatly trimmed towards his eyebrows. A serious facial expression is on his face. He looks alluring nonetheless. 

Luhan thinks he might as well start off first since he's here in the first place. 

"H-hi, I heard you were looking for a new housemate. Is that right?" 

The other boy stares him up and down, as if observing him, judging him. His voice is soft, but also in montone. "That is correct, please come in." 

With an affirming nod, Luhan enters the house. The foyer consists of a small carpet along with nine pairs of shoes neatly aligned. He then proceeds to take off his shoes as the boy signals him to follow him. Luhan is now seated at a circular table in the houses' kitchen where the boy gives him some paper work to fill out. 

 "Sorry if this seems overwhelming, but the landlord wants this to be done. By the way, I'm Do Kyungsoo."

"It's alright, I'm Lu Han. Just call me Luhan because I feel weird about people calling me just Han." 

With a nod of recognition, Kyungsoo left Luhan to complete the paperwork. Some of these questions left Luhan with widened eyes and raised eyebrows. 

Have you ever been convicted of a felony? What kind of criminal record could I have at 19, Luhan thought to himself as he checks off the no option. 

The next section just talks about hobbies and interests. Basically what he's done in high school. For the given space, he jots down about sports, volunteering, helping his family, bubble tea hangouts, and occasionally solving a rubiks cube within a minute. 

Luhan clears his throat to get Kyungsoo's attention "Um why is it necessary for you to know my blood type?"

Kyungsoo smiles and shakes his head, "That's in case you ever faint or need to be taken to the hospital. Here at Delta Psi, we look out for each other like brothers."

"Ahh, alright. Well, I think I completed everything on here," Luhan states as he hands Kyungsoo the paperwork. 

"Thank you, Junmyeon will be very pleased to hear this."

With confusion etched across his face and head tilted to the side Luhan asks "Junmyeon?"

"He's the landlord. He'll be pleased to hear about our new recruit. And according to this, you're a responsible young man. You really got two part time jobs in high school just to support your family?"

"Yeah, I wanted to be as helpful as I could."

"Well, helpful you are. I can't wait for you to meet the others. Oh and Luhan, one more thing."

"What is it?"

Kyungsoo outstretches his hand "Welcome to the fraternity, brother." 

 

~~~~~~~~

A/N -And that's chapter 1. In the next chapter, Luhan will encounter some interesting people. I'll try my best to update about every 2 weeks. If there's anything that I can improve on, please let me know in the comments :D subscribing is cool too :) 

chapters will also be longer. My goal is maybe around 2k per chap(??) See you guys next chap