The Other Pledges

The Fraternity

Luhan was beyond ecstatic and shook Kyungsoo's hand (a little too eagerly). After many 'thank yous' later, Luhan thought that it was best to go get his suitcase from his car that was parked right outside. With his suitcase in tow, he found Kyungsoo with a smile on his face with his lip quivering as if he was urging to say something. 

"Your room is upstairs, second door on your left. Be aware that all rooms here are shared."

Luhan nodded as he heard the instructions, "Of course, room mates have never been a problem for me. Thank you again Kyungsoo for this opportunity."

"No problem, there's just one more thing you have to do before you're an official pledge. You have to go through the initiation."

Luhan's eyes widened when he heard that word. Nothing good ever comes out of initiations. He's seen movies, he's read the newspaper on how some college kids collapse from such challenges. 

"Oh relax Luhan, it's nothing severe. Plus you don't have to go through that today. Sometime during the week though. After all the members get acquainted with you. Anyways you must be exhausted, go up to your room and unpack."

Luhan carefully went up the old stairs, each one slowly creaking as Luhan distributed all his weight on each step. He finally arrived on the top step and slowly walked wheeled his luggage to his shared room. He hesitantly knocked on the door and waited for a response. 

"Come in." A soft voice greeted Luhan, something he wasn't expecting at all. He slowly opened the door, only to find a boy with soft, feminine features. His roommate's name was Baekhyun. Like Luhan, he is also a freshman at university. He however moved in weeks prior.

"So Luhan what brings you to Delta Psi? As you can see, our home isn't in the greatest of conditions, so why pick us?"

Luhan thought for a moment before replying "I'm just looking for a change. Commuting from home to school everyday seems a bit much, considering that I live about 45 minutes away. To be honest, out of all the other fraternities I've considered, I got a good vibe about this one."

"Good enough answer for me bro. Did Kyungsoo mention anything about initiation yet?"

He gulped nervously hearing that word again within the time lapse of an hour, "He did mention something. What do you guys do for initiation?" 

"There's actually options you can choose from. None of which are life threatening. Just embarrassing for the most part." 

"Hmm how so?"

Baekhyun chuckled and leaned back onto the bed as he thought about the past initiations. "Well, since you'll meet the rest of the pledges tonight, I might as well tell you what they went through before they tell you something completely different. For the record, we are all freshmen and we wanted to keep up tradition. Uh let's see. Chanyeol chose to dress up as a woman in public, that was hilarious, an old woman hit him with her purse thinking he was some e. Chen, Lay, Kai and Sehun decided to do theirs together by playing strip poker in front of all of us, that was more of a punishment for the rest of us though. Xiumin decided to twerk in front of the girl's cheerleading squad. And Kris and Tao decided to to strip down to their boxers and let's us pelt them with freezing water balloons, never knew Kris could scream up so many octaves."

Luhan listened to this intently all with a grin on his face until he realized something, "That's hilarious, well from my point of view it is. But Baekhyun, what was your initiation."

"Dammit I was hoping you wouldn't notice and move on. But alright." Baekhyun inhaled deeply before beginning "Since the other challenges seemed far too degrading, I did something a bit subtle. The members took me to one of those haunted walk through places and I had to do it alone with a camcorder. God it has horrible, I almost punched out one of the actors and stepped on someone's hand when they tried to grab my foot."

Luhan was trying to hold in his laughter but ended up laughing loudly to the point of tearing up. 

"Yeah yeah Lu have your fun now. Just wait until yours," Baekhyun said with a devilish grin etched across his face. 

Luhan waved his hand in a playful matter "I don't have to think about that now."

"Ya Baek, are you talking to yourself? What's with all the noise--" the boy who was talking stopped short mid sentence as he saw Luhan in the room. His deep voice didn't match his face at all, since he had child-like features from his ears that stuck out to his glassy yet delicate eyes. 

"Ah, you're the new pledge Kyung was talking about. I'm Chanyeol," Chanyeol said awaiting to hear the latter's name.

"I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you Chanye-- HAHAHAHAHAHA."

Chanyeol suddenly went wide eyed since he wasn't expecting this. "Wait, is there something in my teeth?!"

Baekhyun sighed and got up, "No stupid, he knows about what you did for your initiation."

"OHMYGOD YOU TOLD HIM?! I'm sorry you had to hear that. Hey, you wanna know what Baek did for his?"

Baekhyun suddenly looked nervous "I-I already told him about what happened."

"Yeah, Baek went through a haunted walk through." Luhan confirmed.

Chanyeol shook his head with a large smile plastered on his face, "That's what he wants you to think. You see he--"

"YAHHH" Baekhyun tackled Chanyeol and covered his hand on his mouth from saying anything further.  Chanyeol struggled for a couple of seconds until he finally got a hold of Baekhyun and said everything in one breath "Baekhyun dressed as a girl too in order to be accepted into our rival sorority house as sabotage."

Luhan was flabbergasted once he heard this, "OH MY GOSH BAEKHYUN HAHAHAHAHAHA--" in between laughs and gasps Luhan was trying to ask where's the sorority located and why sabotage them. 

Once Beak had calmed down about his secret being told, Chanyeol began to explain upon his behalf. "The sorority Kappa Beta is just around the block. This rivalry has been going on for a while and we're trying to carry on the members Delta Psi's legacy for it. No one knows who started it, but we prank one another, each one being harsher than the last hoping that this will come to an end. Baekhyun has used as bait. Given to his....features, he was accepted as one of them, no one knowing that he was a boy. The plan was to find any evidence that they're planning against us, since there is no consistent pattern in their pranks. Baekhyun did however find cartons of eggs and cans of spray paint. Baek however came up with a greater idea; why not do something personal that doesn't affect the house itself. He bought bottles of Nair (hair removal cream usually for legs) and replaced the girl's shampoo bottles with it. That, was the final blow, and we haven't heard from them since."

"Seems kinda harsh, don't you think? Making girls lose patches of hair?"

Baekhyun shrugged "Not exactly, they did superglue the stairs outside once. We had to pry poor Xiumin off." Luhan cringed as he heard this, "Fair enough then."

"Don't worry, by now they should've grown enough hair to get themselves a nice pixie style." 

 By now, it was around 5 and dinner time was approaching. Kyungsoo came in and asked if anyone would like to go to the restaurant he called to pick up the food he ordered. All three boys nodded their heads in unison and proceeded to collect their shoes from the foyer. 

While walking, Baekhyun had a sudden thought, "Yah Chanyeol, why didn't you ask Sehun to come along too?"

Luhan was confused "Why Sehun?"

"He's my roomate and doesn't get out much. He mostly spends time in his room sleeping. And it's better not to wake him up, just ask anyone." Chanyeol explained. 

"Sounds scary," Luhan commented.

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded. "You'll regret poking the bear. Kai once ended up with a sprained finger and I'm pretty sure Chen busted open his lip."

"Ouch. Oh hey look, we're here. Is everything around here close? I felt like we walked a block," Luhan said.

"Actually 5 blocks," Chanyeol corrected.

"Whatever I'm starving let's go in," Baek said.

With plastic bags in hand, all three boys proceeded to go back to the house. When they arrived, they were greeted by a stern looking Kyungsoo and a set table.

"Finally you're all back. Baek, call up the other boys, tell them that dinner is here."

Once that was done, each of the boys went down the stairs one by one. 

"I thought the food was never gonna come," Tao whined.

After that statement was made was when he and the rest of the boys suddenly noticed their new visitor. Baekhyun put his arm around Luhan's shoulder and introduced him to them.

"Everyone, this is Luhan. This guy is pretty chill. Don't go trying to impress him, I already told him about all of your initiations."

Aside from a few gasps, everyone welcomed Luhan with open arms. Each one properly introducin themselves.

"Hey, where's Sehun? He's usually the first one down here during dinner," Kai asked.

"Luhan." Kyungsoo stated.

"Yes Kyung?"

"I think I found the proper initiation for you."

 

 

 

A/N So here's chapter 2~~ Woah am I a week early? I'm sorry if things seem to be progressing slowly. I don't this fic to seem too rushed. Please let me know if there's anything I can improve on :D until next update~