The Dreadful Initiation

The Fraternity

Luhan didn't know what he has done in his life to deserve such a punishment. With a sudden thought in mind, he decided to speak up.

"I thought that initiations here weren't supposed to be life threatening."

The pledges look at each other searching for an answer. Luckily, Lay came up with something. 

"Sehun only does that with people he's acquainted with. So he technically hasn't met you yet and therefore won't know who is waking him up."

The pledges were pleased with that answer unlike Luhan. Nonetheless, he was willing to take on the nearly impossible task. Swallowing the lump that formed in his throat he asked where Sehun's room was. 

"It's the last door on your right, good luck," Chanyeol said in a serious tone. With a final sigh, Luhan went up the stairs with most of the pledges following closely behind to witness this. Kyungsoo however decided to stay downstairs.

"Kyung you're not coming to see this?" Baek asked.

With a shake of the head Kyungsoo explained "No, I can practically tell what's going to happen by listening to everyone's commentary upstairs. Plus, the house's phone is down here and I got the hospital on speed dial in case anything happens."

Baekhyun gave him a nod "Smart move, I'll give you details," he then quickly jogged up the stairs. 

Every step Luhan took down the corridor was a reminder of how close he was to sudden death (well, not really). Everyone was quiet when Luhan waited a solid minute just staring at the door. Who knew a minute could go by so quickly? With eyes cast downward, he slowly gripped the knob and turned. What was waiting for him on the other side was a resting figure slowly breathing. Luhan quietly padded across the room in fear of waking up Sehun. When in reality, the drama only increased since he was bringing on more tension to himself. 

When he got a better look of Sehun he saw a skinny boy with dark brown hair. His mouth was slightly open as he breathed in little puffs of air at a time. Luhan calmed down a bit and thought that it was cute. He then shook off his thoughts and returned to complete what he came here for. 

It can't be that hard, can it?

Given that Luhan was an only child, he didn't have any experience in waking anyone. He was usually the one to sleep in since his parents were up at the crack of dawn each morning. Anyway, Luhan started off with poking Sehun in his side. The latter nudges slightly in his sleep and had a slight grimace on his face. In his head, Luhan started to weigh all of his options, no matter how he put it, the possibilities of him getting hurt from this were incredibly high. 

Luhan decided to bite the bullet and try something else. He firmly gripped the sleeping man's shoulder and tried to rock him back and forth in an effort to wake him up. 

We'll that only made things worse.

Said sleeping boy started to groan in his sleep and tried to shake off whoever was trying to disrupt his peaceful slumber. Multiple gasps were heard in the background as most of the pledges were still waiting by the door. Luhan silently prayed as he did the unthinkable; hit Sehun with a pillow and call out his name repeatedly. 

"SEHUN, WAKE UP!" Luhan kept shouting.

Boldness was never a part of Luhan's personality, but it would probably be the last thing he'd done (if it even counted as a personal accomplishment). Suddenly, a hand gripped Luhan's wrist and swung his body across the bed onto the floor on the other side. Luhan fell with a painful thud as he was tossed like a rag doll. 

Surprisingly, that did the trick. The sleeping figure finally shot up from his bed fuming. To be honest, it was expected. You the saying on how one should let nature take its course? Well that rule applies for when Sehun is sleeping; only he should decide when to wake up. 

All of the members quickly left the area to prevent seeing the moment when all hell will be breaking loose. Sehun, on the other hand, stomped to the other side of the bed to find the culprit and tell him off.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!?! You know not to wake me up? Honestly what the Chanye-- wait who are you?" 

Having a difficulty getting up, Luhan just decided to remain on the floor. "I'm Luhan. Apparently, this was my initiation. Did I wake you up?"

"YES YOU WOKE ME UP. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO BACK ASLEEP?!" 

"Congrats Luhan~ you made it," he heard Baekhyun yell from downstairs.

Celebrating for making it into the fraternity was in the back of his mind for now. His main priority at the moment was to learn how to prevent being a target from Sehun's "wrath."

Snapping out of his reverie, he realized that Sehun had already left the room without another word. Shrugging this off, he went downstairs to join the rest for dinner. Turns out that Sehun was at the table with them. With all awkwardness aside, Luhan took his seat quickly and started to eat. In the midst of eating and casual conversations, Kyungsoo spoke up, directly looking at Luhan. 

"I have to say, I didn't think you'd do it. I don't think anyone would've to be honest. Luhan, that took a lot a lot of guts, probably the most remarkable initiation this fraternity has ever experienced. Well, maybe not. Maybe for our day and generation though. All in all, on behalf of all the members of Delta Psi, we'd like to welcome you." 

With a glass raised, everyone cheered for Luhan except for Sehun, who was silent and staring at his food. 

"Don't let him get to you, he's like that with everybody," Baekhyun whispered next to him.

With a clarifying nod, Luhan faked a grin and continued to eat. As a considerate person, it bothered Luhan for someone to be physically mad at him. He'd try in his best efforts to befriend the stoic boy.

After everyone finished eating, they all joined in the living room to pick a movie to watch. Luhan however went to join Kyungsoo to help him clean up. 

With a chuckle, Kyungsoo said, "Lu, you don't have to help, you're already a member. No need to kiss up."

Luhan playfully rolled his eyes "Kyung, I want to do this. Just wanna show my gratitude." He took the wet dishes from Kyungsoo and started to dry them with a dish cloth. 

"You know I really meant it when I said that you're very brave for doing that."

"Hm, how so?"

"How about I make it up to you? Maybe after classes this coming week a group of us can show you around. I know some great arcades where we can all hang."

With a smile, Luhan agreed "It's a deal, thanks."

"No problem, I can take it from here. Go join the others in the living room."

"Will do!"

 

About three hours later, Luhan found himself passed out on the couch along with Tao, Baekhyun, and Chen. Baekhyun also happened to be awake. 

"Baek, what time is it?"

"It's one in the morning, in gonna go crash upstairs in the room. You coming?"

"I'll be right up, should I wake up Tao and Chen?"

Baekhyun shook his head, "Chen always falls asleep after movie night and sometimes Tao prefers the couch. Sometimes things are better left untouched."

"Understood, I'll go get some water and I'll meet you up there."

"Alright, I feel like I'm going to pass out any second. Goodnight Lu. Hope you enjoyed your first day here."

"Goodnight. Let's just say that this day was...interesting but I enjoyed it nonetheless."

With a smile, Baekhyun went upstairs to their shared room. 

With a glass of water in hand, Luhan stared out the window that was overlooking the sink and took a moment to reflect on today's events. 

Official pledge after waking up a sleeping bear....that's good I guess. Everyone has to start somewhere. Wonder what we'll have planned tomorrow. 

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he saw the reflection of a silhouette on the window which caused him to gasp and turn around. To his surprise it was Sehun. Making no eye contact, we went towards the fridge and poured himself a glass of milk and sat down at the small round table, his back facing Luhan. In order to avoid yet another awkward situation, Luhan thought that it was best to chug down his glass of water and go to his room immediately. Like always, the odds weren't in his favor when he went to go put his glass in the sink. 

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for getting off on the wrong foot with you. It's obvious that you're scared of me and trying to avoid me at all costs."

With that, he turned around and placed his hand on Luhan's shoulder. "I also forgot to properly introduce myself. Name's  Oh Sehun, just call me Sehun. Welcome to the frat." Sehun said in a monotone voice. He then turned away and returned to his room leaving a very confused Luhan. 

Maybe I should've said something too. At least a thank you? C'mon Luhan you're better than this. 

After chastising himself, he decided to call it a night. After all, he has all of college to befriend the strange boy.

 

 

A/N hey guys~~ Woah updated super early. It's 11 at night rn and I should be sleeping. Oh well XD anyways, what'd you guys think of this chap? Please tell me if there's anything that I can improve on? I'll try my best to reply to all comments :D well, see you next update~~