Reopening Old Wounds

The Fraternity

Luhan broke down sobbing into Baekhyun's chest. Since it was the first time he ever told the full story to anyone. Nonetheless, there were missing pieces to the story that Luhan further explained while slightly hyperventilating. 

"It was the day of our one year anniversary, I always went to his house or vice versa unannounced since his family couldn't afford to get him a phone or computer as a means of communication. When got to his house, none of the cars were there, I tried looking through the window near his front door and everything was gone. I tried calling my friends to see if they heard anything, sadly they knew as much as I did. The next couple of weeks were hell for me. I spent the remainder of that summer looking through old photos of us, keeping his gifts right next to me at all times and even looked through videos on my camcorder just to hear his voice. My parents noted the drastic change in my behavior. They were aware of my uality and my relationship and accepted it because they wanted their only child to be happy. They felt really bad about it too and I felt a weight on my shoulders because I didn't want to be a burden to my parents. To say my senior year was hell was an underestimate. All my friends, which consisted of only maybe three at the time had no classes with me whatsoever. My peers that saw my relationship and scoffed at it would further instigate me. Where's your boyfriend? Did he leave you for another guy? This made everything worse. I was in a hurry to graduate. A week before my graduation my dad got an offer in his company to move to a branch that was located in America. My mother agreed and told me that we should leave Korea to leave all the bad events that occurred behind us and to start fresh. That summer I moved here to New York since I was accepted to one of my abroad schools, which happened to be NYU. I'm sorry for overwhelming you with this, it must be a lot to take in on your part Baekhyun."

Baekhyun laid a gentle hand on Luhan's shoulder "Don't ever restrict yourself from saying what you really feel Luhan. If you want to talk just to vent things out or to talk about what's bothering you, I'm here and it's not burdening me at all."

Luhan looked up through tear filled eyes, "Thank you Baek. You're the best, you know that?"

Baekhyun smiled and realized the time, "Come on, let's get some sleep, I'm sure you deserve some."

"Goodnight Baek, couldn't have asked for a better roommate."

"Neither could I have, Lu."

 

 

The next morning went better than expected. Luhan woke up feeling refreshed hkwever, Baekhyun wasn't in the room which was odd because he always woke up first. He padded down the stairs and found Baekhyun fully dressed. Judging from his slightly tense posture, it looked like he was waiting for someone. Luhan rubbed his eyes in an effort to further wake himself up and approached his roommate.

"Baekhyun, why are you up so early?"

"Just waiting for you, I know you're an early bird. Get dressed and meet me down he in ten minutes." 

Luhan's eyes widened at the sudden request, "W-Why, where are we going?" 

"Relax Lu, we're just going to a coffee shop I think you'll really like. Chanyeol is coming along too," Just as he said that, both of them heard scurried taps coming down the stairs.

"Ready Baek, morning Luhan," Chanyeol said happily as he greeted both of them. 

"I think that's your cue to get ready," Baekhyun said to Luhan as he pointed upstairs for him.

Within five minutes, Luhan was dressed, combed his hair, and brushed his teeth. Baekhyun made a motion to him to go towards the door and both followed suit. 

The walk to the coffee shop was quite short, considering that it was near campus. First day of college would start the next day so there weren't any  students lined up to get their morning fuel that's supposed to make them last through the day. 

"Luhan, can you and Chanyeol get us a table while I order your drinks? You both wanted a cappuccino, right?"

"Yes," they both said in unison. 

Minutes later, Baekhyun came over to their table with three cappuccinos in hand. As soon as the drinks arrived, Chanyeol excused himself to use the rest room. 

"Baek?"

"Yeah?"

"What's the real reason of why you brought me here?"

Baekhyun stared at the table as he answered, "I always come here when I need to cheer myself up. I don't know, maybe it's just the good vibes I get whenever I'm here. You seemed very down yesterday and I'll make it my upmost duty to cheer you up."

Luhan smiled at his friend's consideration, "Thanks Baek, but I'm not sure that caffeine is the solution to everyone's problems," he jokingly said.

Baekhyun gave a sly smirk and slid the cup across the table. "You haven't tried this kind of coffee yet."

Luhan lifted the cup to his lips and took a little sip and was astounded by the taste. "Okay, maybe it does help, what's in this that makes it different?"

"The ground up coffee beans are imported from Jamaica, they're known for their great coffee."

Luhan nodded in taking in this new information. "Just out of curiosity, why Chanyeol come here?"

"Oh, that's easy, one; he's my best friend. Two; he loves coffee."

"Ah, that makes sense." As soon as Luhan said that, Chanyeol came back from the bathroom. 

Their morning at the coffee shop included lively conversations such as their plans for after their first day tomorrow, and that talent show that was mentioned before. Alas, it was already 8:30 in the morning and it was probably implied that most of the pledges were already up.

On the way back back, Chanyeol came to a sudden realization, "Hey, it'd be a great idea that we exchange numbers, so you know we can all find each other after tomorrow."

"Oh yeah Lu, I still don't have your number," Baekhyun said.

The three happily exchanged numbers and went back to the house. They were met with an overly concerned Kyungsoo. He tapped his foot impatiently as they all entered the kitchen asking where were they before. 

"I left you a note on the fridge," Baekhyun pointed.

Slightly embarrassed about his sudden accusation, Kyungsoo decided to carry on and cook breakfast for the rest of the group. Baekhyun and Chanyeol however decided to go back upstairs, leaving Luhan with the leader of the frat.

"So, how was the place you went to? It's usually a regular hangout spot for Baekhyun."

"I actually like it. It has a calm, serene, environment that makes me want to go back. Plus, the coffee is amazing."

Kyungsoo chuckled at this, "That's good to hear, are you prepared for tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I got all my books ready and I'll get my schedule from the administration office first thing tomorrow."

Kyungsoo nodded in approval, "Good, maybe afterwards we can hang out, show you around a bit more."

"Sounds great Kyung, thanks."

"No problem."

 

The day went by fairly quickly. Although it mostly consisted of all the boys sleeping in, since classes would start the next day. As the night grew, Luhan prepared his materials that he may need for tomorrow. He was excited yet anxious on the types of people he'd meet. It's true that college is a while different world compared to high school; people go about their own business and don't judge each other (for the most part). As these thoughts raced through his mind, he let sleep overcome him.

 

 

 

A/N very short chap today, sorry about that :/ next chap includes first day of college. As always, let me know what you guys want to see in the near future :D until next chap <3