The Star

Love Team
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A 10 year old Seo Joo Hyun sat legs crossed on the floor a meter away from the television. Her eyes glued on the boy on screen, the former child actor has grown to become a fine young man at 12 years old with a talent to boot. He has won many awards from rookie awards to best child actor awards.

 

Yonghwa started in a kiddie show but becoming a part of a youth oriented drama made him move up to the rank of a dramatic actor.

 

She has been a fan of him since she was 5 years old. And at fourth grade she is having a huge crush on him. She even has a poster of him inside her room.

 

Joo Hyun looked up at her mother when she felt her hand caressed her head. “Don’t worry Joo Hyun-ah, in time, we will pass the auditions and you will become famous just like that boy Jung Yonghwa”

 

Her mother was the one who really wanted her to be an actress. She was already told that even before she learned how to walk. Brain washed. That’s why she was sheltered since young, she can’t be overexposed to the sun, she avoided contact sports or any activities that has the potential of her getting wounded or hurt.

 

--

 

And after hundreds of failed auditions, her time has come. She was casted in a drama and played a minor yet important role.

 

“Closer Seohyun-ah! Closer!” she heard the director yelled behind the cameras

 

She inched a bit closer to Yonghwa, the actor she is shooting the scene with. She felt uncomfortable with him. He was Jung Yonghwa for crying out loud! She was star struck since the day they met at the script reading until now. She couldn’t bear to look him in the eyes. She felt her heart leap every time she does.

 

“You’re supposed to be in love. You love him! Look him in the eyes like you love him!” the director added, talking to her obviously

 

“You can do this Seohyun, you can do this!” she thought giving herself encouragement

 

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath composing herself and then she opened her it and looked in his eyes directly, she was met with the same serious face. He has the same facial expression. He does not get easily distracted. He was a very good actor and can easily internalize a character. And by the way he looks at her, she could almost believe that he was in love with her now.

 

She stared at his eyes like she was supposed to, fighting the awkwardness she is feeling and ignoring her thumping heart

 

“You’re in love with him Seohyun-ah, you love him” she motivated herself

 

“Closer Seohyun-ah! Closer!” the director once again yelled

 

And so she inched closer while maintaining eye contact with him. It wasn’t a very easy task since they were very close to each other now, making her eyes crossed

 

“CUT!” the director yelled yet again “Seohyun-ah!”

 

“I’m sorry PD-nim” she bowed and apologized quickly

 

“5 minute break everyone!” and the director eyed her “Motivate yourself more Seohyun-ah. I want to get a perfect shot next time”

 

“Yes PD-nim” she said bowing again

 

When she looked back to find Yonghwa, he was already back in his seat fiddling on his phone. Whoever he is talking with during breaks, she has no idea

 

Maybe his girlfriend?

 

“Are you okay, Seohyun-ah?” she looked at her mother and smiled. Ever since she got in the entertainment industry, her mother was always with her, acting as her personal assistant. She was every bit of a stage mother.

 

She was with her in every audition since she was younger until now that she’s already 18.

 

“What happened?” she asked while tapping the sweat on her forehead

 

“I find it hard to look at Yonghwa-oppa’s eyes omma. And not just that, it’s also hard to look at someone so close, I’m getting crossed eyed” she explained while sitting down

 

“Aigoo, stop being so awkward with your love team, tell yourself that you’re doing it for work.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter