(7)

The Reversal

A/N: italic words are from 5 years ago so please dont get confuse :)
 

Taehyun was now alone on his room never bothering to even turn on the lights as he step in his lonely apartment. It’s been 2 years since he moved out from his parents and it’s still the best choice he ever did.

He don’t know why he was exactly feeling lonely when he had always been alone. Maybe it’s because of the heavy rain pouring outside which he despise so much or maybe it’s because of what happened earlier in the café. His insides feel a little bit weird as he stays still in the middle of his bed not knowing what he to think at the moment. His mind is all over the place that he feels dizzy all the sudden. He may feel all confused and sick because his head is pounding all the sudden but the image of Kang Seungyoon is paste in the back of his lids even how he tries to get rid of it…

…and he doesn’t know why.

The rain was pouring harder than a while ago and Taehyun felt more irritated and everything in between. He was cursing at everything because rain has never been a friend to him. The way the drops almost pound so hard against his roof is deafening and it makes his chest tight by just hearing it’s rapid increase. He hated it since that day until now and he never want to remember anything related to rain but this one memory he had been keeping for a while now gets back whenever the rain started pouring. A memory from five years ago…

Taehyun was now walking home noticing how the cloud darkens as he nears their house. He can almost feel it following as he looks up as he strolls down their block. He was lucky despite how this day had been all bout bad luck as he steps inside his house seconds before the rain started pouring. He greeted his parents before proceeding to his room upstairs not waiting for any response co’z he’ll probably get none anyway.

Minutes after he had situated his self on his room a knock was heard followed by the voice of his father saying his mother and him would be out for tonight and we’ll back late. He didn’t replied and just waited for retreating footsteps before falling to his bed and closed his eyes, finally silence…

… but his mind is the complete opposite.

There was a certain Kang Seungyoon running inside his head, the image sad and hurt and it worsen his mood all at once. He remembers how Seungyoon trembled as he spoke..

“It’s not following you around Taehyun-ah.”

His voice fragile and almost broken.

“I like you, I like you so much.”

He shook his head as images of him came flooding once again just like how the rain poured heavier this time with lighting and roars of thunder in the background. He officially hates this day as he curled under his blanket in search of warmth and comfort but he failed miserably.

His eyes started tearing up. He doesn’t like rain. Rain makes him feel lonely. His beloved grandparents died in a rainy night. His father cursed at him while the rain was pouring that one Sunday night he decided it’s about time to come out and just recently he was dump under the security of his umbrella but he felt the complete opposite. He was about to break down and once again succumb into self pity and regret when his phone started ringing.

He was hesitant but the persistent ringing got the good of him he grabbed his phone and answer the call.

“He-hello?” his voice failed him in the moment he opened his lips. The rain was deafening but he did his best to catch the sounds coming from his phone’s speaker.

“I’m outside your house, open up.”

Confused at the sudden command he held his phone in front of him and check who the caller was.

It’s Kang Seungyoon.

He remembers asking Seungyoon how he knew his hate for the rain and the other just said he had mentioned it once. He told him he didn’t really remembered but  Seungyoon just told him he just pay attention with everything he says that’s all.

Taehyun was now smiling a little as he recalls how drenched Seungyoon was back then as he opened his front door, panting and heaving so hard looking all worried at Taehyun as he came face to face with him.

But now he was all alone, once again as he tightens his grip on his blanket that was now around him just like back then. His mind is failing him at moment, creating thought he never wanted to think about. About his past, his present and even his future and it scares him as he felt his eyes slowly accumulating water. He feels broken, alone and lost and he doesn’t like it.

He was about to lose it as he hears the rain pour harder and harder but not until his phone rung. As if it’s the only sound coming from his room. The sound of the heavy rain erased as if it didn’t happened as he grabs his vibrating phone on his bed side table and answer the call and at that moment everything felt like a deja vu.

“He-hello?” his voice sounded so unsure as he spoke.

“Taehyun-ah…” came the faint reply from the other line, voice obviously heaving and gasping. “I’m outside right now.”

Taehyun didn’t know where he got his strength from as he hurriedly ran downstairs, blanket still around him as he made his way to his front door and without any hesitation he swung the door open and there stood a drenched Kang Seungyoon. The rain was pouring heavily but all Taehyun could see was him and all he can hear was his breathing and it wasn’t the first time because 5 years ago he felt the same and he didn’t admitted it till this very moment.

***

A/N

anyeong guess who updated. i was planning to update since forever

but school started again and University it taking

too much of my time. sooo many articles to write and i'm lacking time so yeah.

anyway do you think the story is progressing too slow? or too fast?

well i was thinking to end this with 20 chaps but it seems impossible.

oh well see you in the next chap.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

P.S please do COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE or UP VOTE

these keeps me going :)