(15)

The Reversal

Seungyoon was in front of Taehyun’s front door around 7 pm that evening. His house is not that far from the younger’s and his mother is already very eager to see the young lad. The petite curly woman arrived from Busan this morning saying she wanted to spend some time with his only son. Seungyoon was thrilled to have his mother over after a while.

He instantly suggested having dinner with Taehyun while they were eating breakfast after he picked her up from the station.

“Taehyun?” His mother asked, one eyebrow raised in curiosity as she eats that food his son prepared for her.

“Um, yeah..” Seungyoon trailed as he put his utensils on either side of his plate. He straightened his back before focusing back to the woman in front of him who was obviously amused with his sudden timidness.

“Well, Taehyun…Nam Taehyun.” He stated. “My-boyfriend.” He added, feeling proud of how he said those words.

Boyfriend…               

He repeats mentally before grinning all of the sudden, like how it sounded even inside his head. His mother looked at him with a smile weaved on her own lips as he sees how his son is grinning from ear to ear upon the mention of the name of a certain person she has yet to meet.

“I think I’ve heard that name before.” She started, feeling nostalgia dripping from the boyfriend his son has yet to introduce.

“I went to the same middle school with him. Remember, the one with the slanted eyebrows and the middle parted hair.” Seungyoon explained, parting his own hair to half trying to mimic the always flawlessly parted hair of the younger.

“Ah…” His mother responded, an image now forming in her head as she takes another bite from the food in front of her. “Taehyunie? Your middle school crush.” She added, laughing on the process upon seeing how his son pouted in front of him, obviously not amused of the teasing.

Seungyoon giggled as he remembers the conversation he had with his mother earlier. He rings the doorbell now, adjusting the hem the mustard sweater he is wearing. It took a few seconds before he heard a shout from inside.

“Be there…” Taehyun’s voice was muffled by the concrete and Seungyoon heard footsteps before the door opened revealing the beauty the older can never get enough of.

Taehyun was indeed wearing something he expected he’ll wear. Black skinny jeans ripped on either knee tucked in his black Dr. Martins. The young lad was wearing an oversized printed shirt that goes down until a few inches above his thighs and topped with a black denim jacket.

“Hey.” Taehyun greeted as he closed the door behind him and stood in front of Seungyoon. The younger tucked his hair behind his right ear, displaying the pair of earrings Seungyoon loved seeing on the other.

“Ah, hi..” Seungyoon greeted back upon pulling his self away front the trance he was in second ago because Taehyun looked…beautiful.

“You look beautiful.” He says nonetheless and Taehyun obviously was surprised at his frank declaration.

“Wha- what are you saying?” Taehyun tried to brush off the sudden heat creeping on his checks as he averts his gaze away from Seungyoon’s eyes. “ You’re too cheesy.” He added.

Dangerous… Taehyun told his self. This is getting dangerous.

“Let’s go.” He then told Seungyoon who was still staring at him. The other agreed, reached out his hand towards Taehyun which the younger stared dumbly for a second or two. Seungyoon snickered, shook his head before retracting the hand he offered to Taehyun before turning around with a small pout Taehyun caught.

What is his deal now?

Taehyun asked his self as he stood still for a moment. He watched as Seungyoon walked towards the direction of the car which was parked on the other side of the road. He eyed the hands Seungyoon offered that was now buried in the older’s jean pocket before he diverted his gaze of his own hand.

“Ahh..” Taehyun let out a soft sigh after feeling a little dumb he wasn't able to get the sign the other was throwing at him but he was pleased indeed. Seungyoon never forced anything on his since they started “dating” and up until now, he is amused how the older will just step back whenever he feels that Taehyun is not interested.

The younger admits, his never that kind of person. When he pursues someone, he tends to be very aggressive and maybe that’s the reason most of his relationship do now work up. He tries to share all the mental images from the past and bring back his focus towards Seungyoon.

Taehyun was no walking fast trying to catch up to the older musician before he can cross the road. He was beside Seungyoon within seconds, thanks to his long legs.

Seungyoon acknowledged his presence with a smile before looking at the traffics light on the side of the road signaling a bright red sign to any pedestrian trying to cross at the moment.

Amazing how even the traffic lights seems projecting Taehyun’s feelings towards me at the moment. Seungyoon sighed bitterly, trying to find the metaphor funny but somehow he ended up with a sour tasted on his tough. He tried not to mind though, he pulled his car keys with his other hand and played with it for a moment.

Taehyun looks at Seungyoon, then at the hand on his pocket before grabbing the older’s wrist.

Seungyoon turned to him in an instant, eyes asking what’s the matter. Taehyun just smiled, intertwined his fingers with Seungyoon and looked back at the road in front of them. He was feeling shy, his checks might even to red at the moment but he can’t care less. His head is a little fuzzy with the warmth from Seungyoon’s palm and he knows he can’t take any starring into the other’s eyes at the moment.

The older was surprised. No, surprised is an understatement. His flying.

He looks at the hand grasping his, looked at Taehyun then smiled before squeezing softly onto the younger’s hand. He saw how Taehyun bit his lower lip at this before smiling and Seungyoon found his self smiling as well as they crossed the road when the traffic lights turned green.

****

Taehyun was restless and Seungyoon knew that. He was fidgeting non-stop on the passenger seat and Seungyoon kind stop his self from smiling.

“You’ll be fine..” he reassured the nth time since he started driving but the younger seems still skeptic about all that will happen. “How many times do I have to tell you?”

“I know..I know but-“ Taehyun complained. He knows and he wants to believe what the older wanted to tell him but his insecure self never helps him with this stuff. “You do think its better if I get rid of my earrings?” Taehyun asked, hands on the set of earrings he was wearing, ready to get them off any second Seungyoon tells him too.

Seungyoon sighed, decided to pull over and faced the obviously nervous man on his side.

“Okay..” the assigned driver started. He adjusted his position on the driver seat before talking again. “You’re worrying too much.” He added as he reached out to the hands towards Taehyun which was placed on the younger’s laps, clasp so had together it hurts seeing how his knuckles almost turn white at hard he squeezes them.

“Look..” he started again, trying to calm the other by rubbing his thumb on the top of Taehyun’s hand. “You look great.” He told him, looked at the younger’s eyes before continuing. “My mother is super excited to meet and he remembers you back from middle school.”

“What?!” Taehyun almost screamed, retreated his hands from Seungyoon before flailing them all over the place. “That’s even worst. I’m the worst during that years.”

Seungyoon laughed, took a hold of Taehyun’s hands again and place it back on his lap. “I think you’re still beautiful from back then.”

Taehyun’s heart was beating too fast against his rib cage and he felt his cheeks warming up again. Seungyoon was looking at him, dead serious yet smiling that smile Taehyun will never admit he finds beautiful.

How can he be beautiful back then? He was a mess, a rascal every teacher notices. The only thing that made him graduate was the fact that he is undeniably smart. Everyone, if not all of them but most of them hated him back then.

His bad news.

That’s what people see him but Seungyoon, the naive classmate he almost forgot, he barely remembers found him at least attractive enough to be called beautiful and it's crazy how he wanted to believe all these cheesy lines. It's scary how he just wants to break down the wall he created, tear it all down and melt onto Seungyoon’s embrace but he knows, he can’t so he just smiled.

He smiled at Seungyoon, returned the soft squeeze he felt and tried to reassure the older that his okay now.

“Okay, I’m okay now.” Taehyun decided to tell him, He is okay, for now. That’s better than any fear he is thinking right now and as Seungyoon started driving again, Taehyun did his best to calm down and stay still. It’s too late to get away from this now.

xxxx

A/N

update alert!!!

Well this one is just like a filler I guess.

wrote this on a whim but I promised I'll get better next time.

I'm going to try and write about more middle school Taehyun because

I like his personality back then

AHAHAHAHA

Anyway, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, or UPVOTE if you like :)

It gets me going every time :D